Postings by Tigger

GO!

(Page 1 of 100: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Crazy Ollie (issues with cat looking for advice)
Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '15 3:49pm PST 
You could try hiding some toys for him to hunt, or treats. They have treat dispenser toys that are like a puzzle. I have a puzzle box that mine like. It is flat with holes, and you can put a toy or treats, then they have to paw inside to get them out. I think keeping him occupied like that will help! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Apr 16 3:49 pm

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > I'm new
Tigger

Purred: Tue Apr 14, '15 4:11pm PST 
welcome Welcome to Catster! Things are still a bit hectic around here, as the site has been going through some changes, and some parts are not functioning =, but overall it is a fun place!way to gowave
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Shannara, Apr 15 9:58 pm

Behavior & Training > Crazy Ollie (issues with cat looking for advice)

Tigger

Purred: Tue Apr 14, '15 4:06pm PST 
You could try some boxes filled with paper that he can shred. I give mine the crinkly craft paper, and they tear it up, but leave the other things alone. He is testing his boundaries, and it seems like you are doing everything right. If it gets really bad at night, is there a room he can be put in to keep him safer? They also do have this Scat Spray, it is a motion activated canister of air, that when the cat goes by it, it srpays & makes a hiss sound. You could try that by the TV. I too would be worried about both his safety and not wanting to replace a tv!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Apr 16 3:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Cat spraying frequently- Please help!

Tigger

Purred: Tue Apr 7, '15 2:34pm PST 
Hello, my name is Tigger, and I am a sprayer. laugh out loud The reason most mancats spray is because they feel uncertain, nervous, or are establishing that this is their space. It calms them to smell their own smell. It is frustrating as all get out for sure, but I think it does help to understand why they do it. It is not them being a bad kitty per se. I can honestly say I have tried almost everything, but what seems to work the best for us, is the combination of Feliway diffusers, Feliway spray on the previously spritzed places, and I use a stress collar on Tig. The best enzyme cleaner to me is Nature's Miracle Just for Cats intense urine destroyer (not sure if link will work)
http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Miracle-Destroyer-32-Ounce-P-5721/dp/B 003I5QRJ2/ref=sr_1_7?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1428441302&sr=1-7&ke ywords=natures+miracle
I have tried the other formulas, but they DO NOT work as well. If the mark is still wet, wipe with a dry paper towel, then spray the Nature's Miracle - wait 5 minutes, wipe that up and repeat. May take a few times. THEN you can clean with your regualr cleaner. Otherwise, using a cleaner first can actually set the spray in. I buy this stuff by the gallon I kid you not. He sprays because I feed my registered feral colony near our alleyway, and they like to come in our yard to lounge, and will sit by the back door to wait for me. He is upset because it is HIS yard. I am kind of stuck, cause I am not going to stop feeding them. Tig goes outside in the yard on his leash, and of course sees and smells them. So I just try to control it as best I can. I also use a calming collar as he gets amped up at night and paces. I would install the diffusers in your new home well before you take your kitties there, and spray the carrier and room where the sprayer will be held for a day or two. If you let him have free reign, he will probably be scared, and the first source of comfort for them is...spray. Use the feli-spray on areas that look like a good target. (you get a feel for what they are) Now I was part of a study on multiple cat homes and aggression/spraying, and they are coming out with a new Feliway type stuff, that worked much better for us. I was sad to have the study end, and couldn't get the stuff yet! I got an email that it will be hitting the market soon. My vet mentioned that I could probably try kitty valium, but I hate to drug him up either. It is a last resort for me. I have 2 other males, and they do not do this at all. Tig started after the strays came & I took Felix in (he was one of the colony) I hope this gives you some help. wave meditate
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Apr 7 2:34 pm

Grooming > How to get husband on board for a Lion Cut/comb trim?

Tigger

Purred: Wed Feb 25, '15 4:32pm PST 
How would he feel if you stopped combing your hair or brushing your teeth? It is great to be attached to a pet, but the WHOLE animal needs care - including brushing. It is part of the responsibility you take on when you ask a kitty to be part of your home. If he won't do it, then I guess either it is some quality time for you to share with kitty, or the groomer it is. Mine are all short hair, but they get brushed by both of us.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Feb 28 11:57 am

Laws & Legislation > Update and Clarify Community Standards and Add a Report Sadistic Animal Abuse Option to Keep Faceboo
Tigger

Purred: Wed Feb 25, '15 4:27pm PST 
I am not on FB, but that is horrible! They are allowing postings of people BREAKING THE LAW. If someone can get arrested for posting about a theft or a break in etc - then these people should be too. AS far as I know animal abuse is illegal everywhere..... Sadly that is part of why I am not on FB. I miss not seeing what my family & friends are doing, but the other stuff is too much for me. I hope that it can get passed! way to go KEEP FIGHTING!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Feb 25 4:27 pm

Food & Nutrition > Cat's favorite "texture" of food

Tigger

Purred: Wed Feb 25, '15 4:24pm PST 
Mine all prefer the pate style. I guess probably because that's what I bought since they were kittens and that is what they were raised with. Maizy & Tigger will eat tiny bits though. They get one that has cheese bits in it as a very special treat once in a while, as it does have some wheat gluten in it. And even with pate the texture of it can make a difference. I can pretty much open a can of new food & know right away if they will eat it by the "spoon feel". Man I need a hobby...big laugh
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Chloe (1996 - 2012), Feb 27 5:01 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > My Sweet, friendly, handsome and funny Sydney is gone and my heart went with him.....

Tigger

Purred: Tue Feb 24, '15 7:19pm PST 
Please please do not blame yourself. 15-16 years old is a pretty long life, and he may have even been older than that. Kidney disease is not uncommon in older cats too. The heart disease - that is an awful disease. Tigger has it, and in my research, I have seen that sometimes it can be managed for years, and sometimes it claims a sweet kitty overnight. There is no rhyme or reason with heart disease - it is awful. I hope someday they can find something to work. You gave him a happy life, and I really don't feel that you did anything to make him ill. It was sadly, an unfortunate set of events. I wish you peace, and know that you did all you could, and he knew how much you love him.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Natasha, Mar 4 5:11 pm

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Tigger

Purred: Mon Feb 9, '15 4:17pm PST 
Sending purrs to those that need it - I know there are many
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Shannara, Apr 16 8:53 pm

Get Well Soon > Need help and purrs
Tigger

Purred: Mon Feb 9, '15 4:17pm PST 
Hi Miss Tiny! Haven't seen you for a while! I don't know a lot about mega colon specifically, but Felix has constipation issues since he has hip & nerve issues, he cannot squat & go potty normally. The vet had originally though he might have had mega colon. I use 1/4 tsp miralax for him every day - sometimes 2 times a day. Originally the vet had him on lactulose, but the Miralax works so much better, I just use a bit of warm water to dissolve it & mix in his wet food. What about some pumpkin? Not all cats like it, but it is supposed to work well for constipation.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Feb 9 4:17 pm

(Page 1 of 100: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.