Postings by Tigger

GO!

(Page 1 of 98: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Cat with hypertrophic myopathy
Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Thu Nov 20, '14 4:00pm PST 
I just saw this now - I haven't been around too much lately. I hope that your kitty is doing ok. Tig has this, and takes atenolol 2 times a day, and is doing well. Not sure what med your kitty is on, but if it is making him not feel good, the vet should be able to prescribe something different to try. The labored breathing can be fluid, so it is important to keep contact with your vet. If you are not getting the support from them you need, then definitely try a different one. I question everything with Tig, and the vet will double check with his cardiologist if I ask her to. It is an awful disease, but can be managed. Some kitties do very well, and sadly others do not, but there is a ton of research going on now, to hopefully treat this better. Take care sweet kitty & family. hugwave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Thu 4:00 pm

Cat Health > Bald Nose Diagnosis Vs. Mental Health
Tigger

Purred: Thu Nov 20, '14 3:51pm PST 
IS there a possibility of seeing another vet? It could be stress related, rubbing, could be overgrooming, could be other things too. Your vet should take your concerns seriously, and answer all your questions. I would be concerned too - especially if the skin is darker - what can cause that? I hope that things turn out ok for you. PLease post how you are.hugwave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Thu 3:51 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Cody Needs Purrs

Tigger

Purred: Thu Nov 20, '14 3:47pm PST 
sending purrs your way. We still cannot comment on diaries but you are in our thoughts hug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Thu 3:47 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Dexter The Great. Maine Coon Beauty

Tigger

Purred: Sat Nov 8, '14 3:32pm PST 
PUrrs to you
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 8 3:32 pm

Behavior & Training > New Kitten won't stand on floor?

Tigger

Purred: Sat Nov 8, '14 3:25pm PST 
I agree. Try leaving some catnip or really enticing toys on the floor, or sit there with some fun toys & see if she will come on down to play. She is still a baby, and likely still unsure of her surroundings. Cats like to be up high to see better. She may not feel as secure on the floor. Patience, and I think she will be ok.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 8 3:25 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Please Help
Tigger

Purred: Sat Nov 8, '14 3:16pm PST 
The best thing is to try & get as many spayed/neutered/placed as you can. Is there any social work type of program near her that may help? If she will let you take them to clean the house, that may be the best thing. Contact a local rescue, they might be able to help you too. Best of luck - it is a tough situation.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 8 3:16 pm

Cat Health > Missing Outdoor cat

Tigger

Purred: Sat Nov 8, '14 3:13pm PST 
I have been there several times. I have had one of my Community Kitties disappear for almost 2 weeks, then show up "hey where's the food?" And to be honest, I had 2 last winter that have not come back. I would just say keep putting food out & calling her. Time will tell. If she is around & gets hungry, she will be back, especially if she has a routine. Did you double check anywhere that she might have gotten closed in? garage, shed etc? It is hard, but that is sometimes what happens with ferals unfortunately.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 8 3:13 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Lost in grief and consumed with guilt...

Tigger

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '14 10:15am PST 
Athena that poem was lovely! I saw your post that first day, and I could not post a reply. I feel for you, I really do. And beleive me, as hard as it is to hurt so badly right now, the pain will slowly recede. I have felt guilt as you are feeling, and once I was able to really think about the quality of life my dog would have had if I did not release him, that is what helped. Imagining that pain, and that he could no longer stand up, and did not recognize us anymore -he stopped wagging his tail- those things made me realize I made the best choice. Does it still hurt? yes, but now I am able to think more fondly of the good fun times. One day, you will think less of the bad parts, and more of Flo's great life. There is no big solution, no timetable,no magic words to make it all go away - I surely wish there were. What there is though, people here that understand, that are here for support, to shed a tear with you. Those of us that have felt the loss, get it. Take it one day at a time. It sounds like you have some great friends that only want to help. The best thing is to let them in the ways you feel comfortable. One day, Flo may tap your shoulder & send you a cat that needs you. Only you & her will know the right time, if so. You gave her the ultimate gift of love - the release from pain. I recently saw a photo frame to honor a lost pet, and it says "Thanks for everything, I had a great time!" remember that is what Flo is thinking! We send you purrs & pawtaps to help heal your heart.hug hughughug The kitty quartet
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Zack Beloved Angel (1995-2009), Oct 18 5:46 pm

Behavior & Training > 10 month old turns violent when outside. I have the scars and emotional trauma to prove it

Tigger

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '14 9:55am PST 
is he neutered? if not, that would be the first thing to do. HOnestly the more you let him wander, the worse it is going to get. If you can do an enclosure, that is the best, but if you cannot, he will have to learn to like the leash if he wants out - period. It will take time to train him, but once he realizes that is the only way he can go out, it should get better. Tigger gets to go on our enclosed screened patio, but he still wants OUT. It took a while, but he knows that he must have his leash on, and get picked up to go out. This way he usually won't try to bolt out the door. It is hard when they have a habit, but I think it is the safest way for your kitty. Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 19 9:55 am

Behavior & Training > Aggresive behavior getting worse
Tigger

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '14 9:49am PST 
Was he aggressive at all before? Cats do not like change, and he is probably still trying to adjust to moving. Don't give up - If you know someone is coming over, maybe put him in a "safe room" where he will feel calm, and not have to deal with the over stimulation of people along with getting used to a new home. I would make sure that he has no health issues, but I have a feeling that he is stressed, and reacting the only way he knows how. If you too are stressed when this happens, he can sense it, and it can start a vicious circle. I am not putting blame on you - they just will react to their human's feelings too. If he likes treats, maybe try to give him a few treats before someone comes over, and then have them move slowly, and rather than try to pet him, toss a treat or two - so that he will start to associate other people with good things. This will take some time & patience. Best of luck, and please let us know how things are going.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Aug 19 9:49 am

(Page 1 of 98: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.