GO!

(Page 1 of 97: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Cat diagnosed congestive heart failure 5 days ago
Tigger

Knead softly &- carry a big purr

Purred: Wed May 28, '14 1:59pm PST 
I am glad to hear that he has improved! Tigger has HCM, he was diagnosed at 1 year old, and he just turned 6. I hold my breath each year when he has his echocardiogram, but so far, he has stayed stable & his prognosis is listed at good/stable. He takes 6.25mg of atenolol twice daily. It slows the heart so the chambers fill with blood properly. I honestly credit that medicine for how well he is doing. If I may suggest, majority wet food, which his system does not have to work as hard to break down, and make sure salt is listed low on the ingredients list. While it may seem counter-intuitive, plenty of water will encourage his body to flush out the extra. I cherish each day with Tig, and he is a happy boy. Once your kitty gets stable with meds, he should do much better. I am not sure where you live, but is there a cardiologist that comes to your vet's office? Mine does, to do the echo, and she is able to monitor him & examine him when she does the test. Best of luck to you, and I hope your kitty keeps getting better! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Jul 17 10:05 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Catster Access Issues
Tigger

Purred: Mon May 26, '14 8:13pm PST 
Is anyone else not seeing pictures? Only a very few kitties pics show. shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 4:40 pm

Cat Health > Pyothorax - what do you think?

Tigger

Purred: Mon May 26, '14 8:09pm PST 
I remember a year or so back, a kitty with that was posting here had it. I felt so bad for her, and had never heard of it, so I was interested to hear about it. I know the kitty had a chest tap several times, but sadly lost her fight. I do remember that it was very difficult to treat, and that the prognosis was not the best. I am sorry for the loss of your kitty, but it seems that letting her go was in her best interest to end any suffering. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Jun 3 8:08 am

Cat Health > Cat diagnosed congestive heart failure 5 days ago

Tigger

Purred: Mon May 26, '14 8:05pm PST 
I hope your kitty is doing better. Does he have HCM heart disease? That is usually a cause for CHF. He may be put on a medicaine to keep the fluid from his heart. I seem to remember hearing that eating is not on the top of the list with that. I would speak with the vet about it. You could try some plain meat baby food (no onion or garlic) to tempt him to eat something. The vet may give you an appetite stimulant too. Make sure that you get answers from your vet. Their job is to make sure you understand everything. You will be in our thoughts, and I hope things improve for you sweet kitty. This is the place to come for help, or to talk about anything - we all understand, and many of us here have had seriously ill kitties, and we know how hard it is to see them not feeling well. Purrs to you & your kitty. Please let us know how he is doing. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jul 17 10:05 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Catster Access Issues

Tigger

Purred: Tue May 20, '14 4:03pm PST 
I cannot even add a diary entry or see any pictures today...hope it gets fixed soon! wave Be back on Friday I guess
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jun 10 4:40 pm

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Tigger

Purred: Thu May 15, '14 3:08pm PST 
We are revving up the purr engines for all those kitties that are not feeling well, and for those we have lost. PURRPURRPURR Take care all...hughughughug Much loves from The Kitty Quartet
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by , Thu 4:53 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Willow- Rainbow Bridge ***** How to get wings??? Can u make them for us?

Tigger

Purred: Thu May 15, '14 3:06pm PST 
I do not know how to do this, but I wanted to bump this up so that someone can help you. I know there are a few people here on Catster that do this. My purrs for your loss...
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 16 7:27 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > A New Angel at the Rainbow Bridge

Tigger

Purred: Thu May 15, '14 3:05pm PST 
sending you purrs for your loss - you have your own guardian angel on your shoulder now!little angelhug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 4 3:08 pm

Cats & Travel > Should I bring my cat to make friends?

Tigger

Purred: Thu May 15, '14 3:02pm PST 
It is a nice thought that you want her to be happy. I think she would be happiest to play with you every day. Kitties do not like change, and I think it would be stressful for her, even though you are well intentioned. There is no guarantee that these two would even get along let alone play. Is there a windos she can look out of to see birdies & squirrels? A cat tree to climb? Those are the things she needs along with you to be happiest. wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 15 9:18 pm

Cats & Travel > Weekend trips to see family in Idaho
Tigger

Purred: Thu May 15, '14 2:59pm PST 
Honestly - you are better off having a friend take care of them while you are gone. Most cats do not like to travel, and I think that it would be more stressful for them than to have you leave here and there. They are most comfortable in their home. When you leave, put an old tshirt that you or hubby wore on the bed, so they have things that smell like you guys for comfort. I just think there are too many negatives in that situation than positives, but it is just my opinion. To set an example, my son just got married, and they went on vacation for 2 weeks. He lives about an hour away, so there was no way I could stop there every day to feed his kitty. So he came here for that time. It took a few days for him to feel relaxed, and for my 4 to get used to him. Just when he was getting comfortable, it was time to go back, and get all adjusted again. This would be happening monthly for your kits - that is alot of stress. Not to mention that your family time will consist of you worrying about them getting out or fighting with the other cat - not a good visit for you either. Just my 2 cents. wave
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jul 16 10:38 pm

(Page 1 of 97: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.