Postings by Smudge

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Raw Food Diet > Anitra's Vita-Mineral Mix - anyone else using this?
Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Tue Dec 24, '13 10:13pm PST 
Hmmm. I don't buy the mix, I make it. And as I read and understand the book, "The Natural Cat," the author uses it with raw meat.She has been feeding her purebred show cats for years, using this mix and fresh ground raw meat.

Our meat of sole choice - picky picky picky cats I have - is fresh ground chix thighs (I grind them) and the mix consists of kelp, bone meal, lecithin, wheat bran and yeast powder. Oh, they all get a Tabby Tab with each meal. Double oh! - I add calcium to the raw meat first then add the vita-min mix.

Damn, I am starting to sound like an, "I love Lucy" episode.

Lord, I have the hiccups now. Are you familiar with Foster Brooks? If so, that is what I sound like and I ain't even drinking. big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smudge, Dec 24 10:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > What is a serving side?
Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Tue Dec 24, '13 10:07pm PST 
1) Bless you for your response. I knew a guru would something for me. big grin

2) One day I will just stop typing in the middle of the dang night (subject line).
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 2 2:07 pm

Food & Nutrition > What is a serving side?

Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Mon Dec 23, '13 11:27pm PST 
Ok, I am stumped. What does this august group of incredible feline fanatics regard as a "serving size." I mean how much like 3 oz, 5 oz, etc...?

Why do I ask? I use the Anitra Vita-Mineral mix powder and the instructions say, "add 1 tsp" for each serving.

Regards,
Perplexed
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Jan 2 2:07 pm

Raw Food Diet > Rancid Raw

Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Sat Oct 5, '13 3:02pm PST 
I find that cats love the foods that "smell" the most. Things that we would never put on our table do not hold to what a cat would put on it's table.

Just remember you are judging by your human instinct, not by the cats' instinct. What is rancid raw to you is a feast to your cat.

MJ
Caregiver to 17 cats, 3 dogs, 1 skunk, 2 possums and a few other things.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Midas, Oct 5 9:32 pm

Raw Food Diet > Electric Vs. Manual Meat Grinders

Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '12 5:40am PST 
I also have a Tasin 108. At first I thought I killed it with overuse but I was wrong. big grin I also use a food processor when need be. I do have a couple of oldsters that need a fine grind, almost puree, food.

Yes, the Tasin is loud but it is fast and easy. Just chunk your meat/parts and drop it in. And if you have any problems, just ask us and check out www.catnutrition.org. Anne has a really nice pictorial on how to use and set it up. Moving on here.

I find it best if I use food that is partially frozen. It handles small bones well (I never go larger than a chix thigh bone). I use the pie-wedge shaped blade mostly for the nice bite sized meat pieces it gives. And speaking of cats and food it is time for me to get grinding. Got 18 hungry felines and 3 "Hounds of the Baskervilles" types. big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smudge, Apr 5 5:40 am

Cats & Travel > Moving family with two furries
Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 9:07am PST 
All I can say is stay sane. big grin

18 months ago I moved 14 cats from a city to small farm in the hills 250 miles away. We rented a cargo van just for the cats (and my two dogs) 'cause it had a great air conditioner. We moved during a summer heat wave. Anywho, all cats were crated/in carriers. Those that couldn't be separated from their BFF were in rather large crates together and those that wanted to pout on their own were in carriers. Everyone had a litter box and a water bowl. Which each one turned over. On purpose. After they got over the shock of ::gasp:: being moved and stopped flipping water bowls, they for the most part calmed down then slept.

That was a very long five and one half hour journey but it worth every gray hair on my head. big grin

OH! I do advise that you never let the cats out of their carriers until they are in a secure room. No little walks in pet yards, let them use the litter box for that. Chances are they will not want to eat either.

Aren't I just a little ray of sunshine.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Benny Grunch, Nov 18 11:46 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Am I going feral and help catching feral kitten

Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Fri Nov 18, '11 6:58am PST 
No, Tipper is not going feral. Bless your heart, don't stress yourself so.

You said that the move has been recent. How recent? I know when I moved from the ATL area to the hills in TN, my cats would be gone a several days at a time (some a week or longer) - they are just exploring their new turf. We have four acres and are surrounded by 1,000 acres of farmland so they got adventurous at first. And the mouse population took a tumble. big grin

As for luring the stray kit, definitely use the Mack. It's stinky as I recall and that is was really draws 'em in. You might to have try to lure the OTHER cat away from the fish with a small portion of his own. Can he be put inside for a day or so? If the kitten is that young it shouldn't take long to trap her.

???

Edit: I forgot to say that all my cats have exhausted their exploring desires and all the house cats that go outside come in by dark and all the outside cats retire to their house (yes, my cats have a house) by dinner time. During the spring and summer my front porch looks like a screen shot from,"Hee Haw" will all my "honeys" lounging on the porch and benches and steps. big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Smudge, Nov 18 6:58 am

Raw Food Diet > Butter

Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Thu Nov 17, '11 12:35pm PST 
Well, I do use butter in my rawfed mixture if I feel the fat content is low. Rule of thumb is 2 tsp per pound of meat. If it's cold/cool outside, I let the butter get soft before I add it and if it's hot outside I cut it up into little bits and pieces and add it last before feeding them. And I user sweet salted butter.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Amber, Nov 20 12:36 am

Kitten Corner > Kittens playing aggressively ?

Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Wed Nov 16, '11 8:20pm PST 
Well said, Tink.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 17 10:44 am

Raw Food Diet > Funny Raw Kitchen Stories
Smudge

I am the Love- Monster.

Purred: Wed Nov 16, '11 3:11pm PST 
Me: Processing the meat, about to work on the livers. Cat jumps up on the counter and my livers jump on the floor.

Husband: Oye! What's this mess?

Me: I told you you sleep walk and fart a lot.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 17 10:40 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.