We are sad to hear about Daisy. She will forever be in our hearts rainbow

Purring for all the other sick kitties who need our prayers hug
[notify]

» There has since been 121 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Sun 9:15 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Purrs and POTP for all in the path of Sandy
Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Tue Oct 30, '12 5:21pm PST 
What a relief to see so many of our furiends here, we have been really worried about those in the path of Sandy ~ purring that everyone stays safe hug
[notify]

» There has since been 35 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Nov 5 8:02 pm

Cats & Travel > Need advice when traveling and leaving the cats by themselves

Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Fri Jul 6, '12 11:14am PST 
Hi Chai wave Our Mom also feels guilty whenever she has to leave us for overnight trips, I guess that goes along with being a pet parent.

We have a relative who comes by 1-2 times a day to feed us and scoop our litter boxes when the pawrents are away, and we have had a pet sitter on a couple of occasions when the relative was not available. Mom is more comfortable leaving us in the care of someone we know, but we had a good experience with the pet sitters, so we wouldn't hesitate to use one again. Don't know if you have friends with pets who can recommend a pet sitter? You can also check with your vet's office, they can often recommend someone.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by AnnaBelle, Jul 23 8:15 pm

Cats & Travel > cat tranquilizers and traveling

Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Tue Apr 24, '12 5:57pm PST 
Has your cat ever traveled in a car before? If not, you may want to take him on some shorter trips just to see how he does in the car. Two of my cats do fine on car trips and do not need to be medicated at all, the other two get a little nervous, so I spray some Feliway on their bedding in their carriers before the trip. I have also used Rescue Remedy which can be effective.

You may have to experiment a little to find what works. I would only consider a sedative from the vet if it were absolutely necessary. You may be surprised and find out he does fine in the car. Don't forget to bring some favorite toys and his blankie in the carrier so he has some familiar smells. Happy travels to you and your kitty wave
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Chiquitita, May 19 6:28 am

Plus Contests > Question about the worlds coolest comp.

Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Fri Nov 11, '11 2:24pm PST 
We're disappointed that the contest is postponed, or possibly canceled, but do agree with HQ that they need to fix all the bugs in this website. This place has become a ghost town lately, I think a lot of kitties got very frustrated and left frown

Leo, that is a pawsome idea about giving all us of some extra zealies for the holidays. What a great way to spread some cheer and get members active again! I think I will send that suggestion to HQ right now! way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BRUCE (THE BOSS), Nov 23 12:25 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Can I have purrs & potp for my mom?
Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Fri Oct 21, '11 7:14am PST 
Hi Lacey,
I'm so sorry that your Mommy has had this problem cry Unfortunately there are some doctors out there who are just not well trained to manage pain. It's really a specialty area and not everyone has the education and training to do it well. Glad your Mom found someone she is comfortable with and who is helping her cheer

Continued purrs for her to feel better!

hughughughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Blizzard AKA The Catfather, Nov 9 5:41 pm

Cats & Travel > Planning on taking Purrcy camping..

Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Wed Jun 29, '11 7:45pm PST 
Yay Purrcy! cheer So happy to hear that you get to go camping way to go

The best part is that you still get to spend quality time with your Mom, snuggle with Mom, and enjoy all the new sights and sounds. I love to watch chipmunks and birds from the window of our RV when we go camping. Have fun! kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Ben, Aug 27 1:39 am

Cats & Travel > Planning on taking Purrcy camping..

Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Sat Jun 25, '11 11:16am PST 
I'm sorry to hear about Purrcy's illness and can certainly understand your hesitation to leave him at home or at a boarding facility, especially with him needing daily medication.

Our two older cats hate to be left home alone, even with a pet sitter coming by everyday to feed them, so when my husband and I started camping in our RV, we took the cats along with us. They do amazingly well and even though they are not thrilled about the driving part, once we are parked at the campsite, they kick back and seem to enjoy the new sights and sounds. I bring some of their cat furniture and toys along so it feels like home to them. There are quite a few cats I have come across who do very well with RV camping, even a few who sleep in tents.

If you think Purrcy would be happier and less stressed being with you than being left at home, I would say take him with you. It sounds like driving in a car is not too stressful for him and he'd be safe inside a camper at night and during the day. Plus you'd have the peace of mind knowing that he is getting his daily medication.

Best of luck! hug
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Ben, Aug 27 1:39 am

Cats & Travel > RV Travel

Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Tue Dec 28, '10 11:07am PST 
Hi Smokey wave

All 4 of us kitties have traveled in our motor home, and although we have gotten close to the door when Mom or Dad goes in or out, we have never tried to escape. I wonder if putting up one of those baby gates as a barrier between you and the door would work? A more drastic measure would be to keep you inside a crate in the RV whenever your pawrents step out - better to be safe than sorry! wink

Happy Travels!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Soda, Apr 3 2:39 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > My mommy needs purrayers
Tully

The Tullster

Purred: Sun Nov 28, '10 11:02am PST 
Sending lots of purrs and purrayers to your Mom...hughughug
[notify]

» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by ♥Sam, Dec 26 12:38 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.