Postings by T'elma

GO!

Egyptian Mau > Identifying Mau in a mixed breed

T'elma

Love & feed me- but don't touch- my ears!

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 4:49pm PST 
I suspect my female tortie is at least a little bit Egyptian Mau. If I'm reading the traits correctly, she has these unique features: 1) tummy pouch (flabby, not belly-fat) and 2) spotted skin. (I saw this when she was spayed...the skin was the color the hair was--she also has polkadotted ears when light is shown against them.

Also, she has the personality traits of being puppydog loyal to me, following me around the house determinedly; is not a lapcat, but when I sit down she immediately lays across my closest thigh; and wow, is she vocal. She talks, and if she finds a 'fuzzyball' she'll moan as she carries it upstairs to me. Very aloof with strangers, but once she gets to know them, she can be goofy. She tolerates her housemate (also a tortie, but with lynx-pointed ears), but it took a good year for her to stay in the same room with Dharma.

So, what do you think? Is my T'elma a little bit Mau?
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Moosie, Jan 13 12:39 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.