Postings by Olivia

GO!

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > What should we have the vet do?
Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Mon Aug 15, '11 12:12pm PST 
Sounds like you've got the basics covered! I just wanted to say what a great gift I think this is! cheercheercheercheercheer
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Olivia, Tanner, & Finn, Aug 20 7:31 am

Cat Health > Rabies vaccine
Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '11 11:49am PST 
Casper, glad you found the paperwork - at least you know what you're dealing with. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Olivia, Aug 10 11:49 am

Cat Health > Intestinal Tumor - Soon to Be Making a Trip Over The Bridge

Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Wed Aug 10, '11 11:48am PST 
I'm so very sorry to hear this. I know it's difficult to think of it this way, but you did the best and only thing you could for him by choosing to end his pain and sending him off to a better place ... a final act of love.

Many hug to you in this difficult time.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Olivia, Aug 10 11:48 am

Cat Health > Intestinal Tumor - Soon to Be Making a Trip Over The Bridge

Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Tue Aug 9, '11 1:51pm PST 
We're so sorry to hear about Boss ... this must be a terribly difficult and heartwrenching thing for you and your family to be going through. Please know you'll be in our thoughts and paw-rayers during this difficult time, and we'll be hoping that you are still able to make some precious memories during the time that you still have together.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Olivia, Aug 10 11:48 am

Food & Nutrition > A question.....gravy food. She\'s so picky....

Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 2:25pm PST 
Sophie, glad to hear you're leaving dry food behind! Viva la canned food! And bon appetit!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Shade, Aug 9 3:45 am

Cat Health > Rabies vaccine
Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Mon Aug 8, '11 2:08pm PST 
Hmm ... I had heard from my vet that the 3 year vaccine is stronger and that in her experience it had a great incident of reactions. So that's one thing I'd want to get cleared up before doing anything. I might've misunderstood her.

As to rabies titers, titers are available for rabies, so you can opt to do that, and then make a decision from there based on what the titer shows. If, as I suspect, sufficient immunity is present, then you could opt not to vaccinate, but you would need to do so with the awareness that in most states you would be outside the law for doing so. This is more of an issue with dogs than with cats, because they are out in public and there is greater risk of a bite to a stranger, and the resultant quarantine if the animal in question was not current on rabies vax. On the other hand, my Western med vet has been very forthcoming with me that she doesn't vaccinate her own cats because they're indoors and she feels it unnecessary. So to me that says something.

I'm actually in the process of obtaining a medical waiver for Finn - because it is my opinion that his health is fragile enough to warrant this. Olivia & Tanner do get vaxed for rabies, but nothing else (since they finished the Dodds modified protocol as kittens).
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Olivia, Aug 10 11:49 am

Cat Health > Fleas on stray

Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Thu Jul 28, '11 10:34am PST 
You could try a Capstar pill (you can get a single dosage from your vet) and put it inside a pill pouch and see if he'll eat it. Poor guy. Have you thought about contacting a cat rescue and seeing if they can trap him and find him a home?
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Rusty, Jul 29 3:59 pm

Cat Health > Bladder Obstruction

Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 2:23pm PST 
Eek! So sorry about that - I did NOT even realize it was not the same kitty. That's what I get for not paying attention! red face
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Olivia, Jul 27 2:23 pm

Cat Health > Bladder Obstruction

Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Wed Jul 27, '11 10:54am PST 
Sorry to hear this, Sophie. Are you still eating the Royal Canin dry? If so, please stop feeding this and offer Sophie some canned food - there is an extensive list of the grain-free, gluten-free ones in all price ranges on Alex's site - www.ibdkitties.net

Obviously some of these are better than others, but at this point I'm mainly concerned about getting as much water in her as possible.

I've never had a cat with any type of obstruction, so I'm not sure what to tell you there - but we'll be purring for you.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Olivia, Jul 27 2:23 pm

Food & Nutrition > Does anybody feed EVO canned?
Olivia

Adore me - OR ELSE!

Purred: Thu Jul 21, '11 7:40am PST 
We feed raw, but used to use Evo canned for snacks and to mix supplements in. However, we won't buy any of the Natura products anymore (California Naturals, Innova, Evo, Karma, etc.) since the sell-out to Proctor & Gamble. It was very distressing, as Natura has been a company we've trusted and relied heavily on for a number of years.

However, for the issue you're speaking of, no, there's absolutely no reason you can't add a little warm water to the food to moisten it back up - any additional water content can only be beneficial.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Jul 23 1:43 pm

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.