Postings by Jixie

GO!

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

Kitten Corner > Discovered kitten's been peeing and pooing in spare room....
Jixie

It Ain't Easy- Being Me....

Purred: Mon Nov 12, '12 5:40am PST 
Hello,

I adopted a 4 month old kitten a few weeks ago. I also have a 4 year old cat and it's been quite the adjustment. Kitten has a litter box in the spare bedroom which is hers. Adult cat has a litter box in the bathroom. Kitten tends to use both but adult cat gets angry with her when she uses her litter box so she's chase her if she goes into her litter. This morning I was upstairs in my lounge space (room) off the loft. I noticed that the kitten had been peeing and pooing on the blankets located there including my feather bed which is now destroyed...... Some was dry and hard but there was also still wet pee so there has been recent activity as well. She was a rescue, from Wendy's, but was also fostered. Can anyone shed any light on why she's doing this and how to stop if from happening other places in the home. I've sprayed down the carpet and closed the door but I am not sure if this is going to be the end of this behavior.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Nov 13 7:32 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Jixie has a sister named Cecilia and I need HELP please....
Jixie

Purred: Sun Oct 21, '12 2:11pm PST 
Hello,

It's been Jixie and I for four years and she's bascially allowed me to live in our condo and runs my house. Still looking for balance and often when I get home after a long day she's full of play and I'm feeling guilty because she's been on her own for too long of a day and our play time just does not seem like enough... So I adopted a kitten yesterday. Kitten is in my guest bedroom all set up and getting adjusted to the both of us. Jixie still has run of the house but this morning I woke up and found her hiding under the bed. Jixie is curious about the kitty but she's scared and hisses at Jixie and then Jixie starts to hiss and its all over..... Just need some tips about how to work it all out.... I do have a gate in front of the guest bedroom door so they can see each other. They will be home together for 9 hours alone.... Kitten had little brothers and sisters that were adopted and loves to be held. Trying to balance it out and know it will get better but I need some tips and reassurance from my multiple cat home friends....
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Oct 22 11:47 pm

Kitten Corner > Opinions about adding a kitten....

Jixie

Purred: Sun Jan 30, '11 4:20am PST 
Thanks for your posts.. Both much appreciated.... Jixie is such a good cat. I really lucked out and I don't want to end up with a crazed kitten or one that is going to be sick or tear my stuff up. Jix was the model kitten so I am very spoiled. Thanks for the advice about temperment. I think I will pay close attention to a more docile kitten if and when I decide to search. I'll keep you posted... Your cats are beautiful. I love the names, Penn and Teller. They look like they can have a lot of fun together. Jix was with her siblings at the Humane Society but at the time I just wanted one kitten. Should have just gone along with 2 at the time and saved myself this moment.. smile)
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Jan 31 8:03 am

Kitten Corner > Opinions about adding a kitten....

Jixie

Purred: Sat Jan 29, '11 7:48am PST 
Hello,

I keep stressing myself out wondering whether or not Jixie is lonely. It's just the two of us. Has been that way for the past 2.5 years. I am away from the house about 10-12 hours a day. When I come home she always wants to play. Seems like sometimes, it's not enough for her. In warmer weather, we go outside and she climbs her favorite tree supervised. Winter is harder due to the sand and salt on the ground and she seems bored. She has toys and a big cat tree that she loves. She spends her day watching the birds outside eating from the feeder. She does not snuggle unless it's night and she's in her bed in my bed and she requests my assistance with holding her tail so she can nurse it, purr, and knead. She also likes my hand suggled under her tummy just so. That's about as cuddly as it gets with her and if I move too much, she gets up and leaves. She is a diva and swears she owns the house. I have been thinking about getting a kitten for her. I work a lot, even wehn I am home, I am on the computer and I always feel like I am not giving her enough attention. She is territorial of her things and will give me a swat if I try to get the cat nip or her hair off things..... Fiesty monkey she is.... Usually when I travel to Florida, I take her with me when I fly but I think that's too much for her. I would like to start traveling more and think it will nice for her to have another cat to spend time with while I am away. I just don't want to bring a kitten here that is going to drive her insane and that she will hate. I don't want a kitty that will bully her and want to take over all her stuff.... I just don't know... That's why I am here... HELPthinking
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by BK, Jan 31 8:03 am

Grooming > Useful are cat trees?

Jixie

Purred: Sat Jan 29, '11 7:20am PST 
Overstock.com has great pet trees as well. My Jixie loves hers. Got her a nice one at less than half the price... Sturdy...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jixie, Jan 29 7:20 am

Cat Health > I have a little bump on the top of my eye lid.... Help me...
Jixie

Purred: Tue May 18, '10 7:32pm PST 
I have a little bump on the top of my eye lid and it's concerning my mom. I'm eating, running around, and well, just being my cute self. I think I might also have another little bump in my whisker area. Looks almost like a blister bump. This every happen to any of you??? Spill the nip... smile)
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Baby, May 19 1:25 am

Food & Nutrition > Meow Mix Wholesome Goodness????

Jixie

Purred: Sun May 16, '10 6:42am PST 
The wet... For dry, I only feed Wellness core that is grain free and in limited amounts... Usually feed wellness wet but Jixie is bored of that..... Exploring other wets that hve been listed here and Jix seems to like is so I thought I'd ask...
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Jixie, May 16 6:42 am

Food & Nutrition > Meow Mix Wholesome Goodness????

Jixie

Purred: Sat May 15, '10 2:44pm PST 
Hi there!

Thoughts about Meow Mix Wholesome Goodness???
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jixie, May 16 6:42 am

Grooming > emery cat

Jixie

Purred: Sat May 15, '10 2:42pm PST 
My Jixie scratched on it once and won't touch it again. She has a million things to scratch on cause she's a spoiled so, so it might be mama's fault. I would not recommend ordering it because you do end up with 4 and a $70 bill. I sold 2 of mine and gave 1 away. The other 3 kitties LOVED it.... Go figure....
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Fee Verte, Aug 28 10:19 pm

Cat Health > 4month old barely eating/drinking, losing weight, vomiting bile and has green liquid poo :(
Jixie

Purred: Mon Nov 30, '09 2:57pm PST 
Yay for Sushi..... smile)
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sushi, Dec 2 4:28 pm

(Page 1 of 6: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.