Postings by The Magnificent Seven

GO!

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Meows & Purrs > Labor Signs ?
The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 10:23pm PST 
My vet said the "bloody show" (sounds British, doesn't it?) is the result of the distended uterus pressing against the bladder. I was under the impression that the mucus plug (which I've never seen) presented as a yellow, puslike discharge from the vagina. (OK, you can barf now.) Come to think of it, I might know more about birthing kittens if I'd birthed a furless one, but too late for that (thank the Lord Almighty, amen).
cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by The Magnificent Seven, Mar 29 10:23 pm

Cat Health > Labor signs ?
The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 4:09pm PST 
I was the one who made the mucus plug, but the owner's vet said the yellow discharge was being caused by the cervix opening in preparation for birth. However, neither Leila or Chibi ever had such a discharge. Every cat is a different, I think. But they usually do the job like pros, even first-timers.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by The Magnificent Seven, Mar 29 4:09 pm

Kitten Corner > Can a new kitten hurt himself by running into things? Walls, litter box, bathtub...

The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Thu Mar 3, '11 6:13pm PST 
Very infrequently, a cat can hurt itself by falling off a high place or getting stepped on. Both have happened to kittens of mine, and in both cases, an x-ray determined that there were no fractures involved, just bruises. They healed within days. Kittens are tough little critters.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Mar 25 9:28 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Looking for a clingy cat that likes to travel... ("dog-like")

The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Tue Nov 16, '10 4:34am PST 
Some cats are just born aloof. Some cats will change, some won't. Either get an adult cat whose personality already suits you, or get yourself a dog. If you get a cat who is not dog-like, you'll be disappointed and the cat will not be happy.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 11:57 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Wed Oct 27, '10 9:16pm PST 
I give answers like that on the Answers Board and Forums so much that it's about the only way I can respond to a pregnant human. Yikes, imagine if Boris' Mom gave birth under the bed! How would she fit under there? How would the Ob-Gyn and her team fit under there? Sounds like a Monty Python skit...Boris' Mom, hang in there!
[notify]

» There has since been 1730.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Wed Oct 27, '10 9:20am PST 
Boris' Mom--Are you pacing about? Displaying nesting behavior? Hiding in out of the way areas, like the closet or under the bed? Acting more affectionate than usual? Being more vocal than usual? These could all be signs that your kitten is about to be born. (Hmph, one kitten. Small litter, that.) Make sure that your Dad is observing your Mom closely so that she doesn't do what my Leila did--just up and have seven kittens under the bed when no one was looking. MOL.
[notify]

» There has since been 1732.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Who's Feeling Silly > And what has your cat destroyed today?

The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Tue May 25, '10 3:02am PST 
Today's exciting episode: Mommy's watch disappears!!!
cheer

Mommy thinks that people who buy Rolexes have too much money to waste, but has always enjoyed the aesthetic appeal of the Cartier tank watch. Art Deco and all that. But she is too cheap to actually buy one. Instead, she bought a Japanese version of the tank watch (rectangular, Roman numerals) many years ago, and it is probably her most precious possession. It is 18 carat gold (for some reason, 14 carat gold is not big in Japan), and she bought it the instant she saw in a newspaper ad that it was on sale. Why gold? Mommy has extremely acidic sweat, which turns silver black within a day and eats away other metals within a year. She loves this watch. It has been with her for many years, through experiences she is not about to reveal on this thread.

She was disoriented this morning. Got up, got her cuppa, logged on to Catster. Finally realized that the time had come to get ready for work. After she'd finished showering, she couldn't find her watch. Usually she puts it near the showering area or near the clothing she is to wear that day. No watch. Nothing had been thrown out in the trash that morning, so the watch was in the apartment. But where? She searched and searched and finally gave up. And then, just as she was about to leave, the watch was found next to the bathroom door. Yeah, probably Harvard and Lowell. Mommy was happy. Her watch is her lucky charm, and when she dies (yes, she will die eventually, and you will, too), she wants it buried with her. Mommy was happy to go to work today with her watch on her wrist. Right now it has a pink leather strap (Mommy hates pink, which is why she perversely chooses pink things). Since Mommy's sweat is so destructive, she has to have the strap changed several times a year because of the ODOR. Mind you, she sleeps with her watch on. One reason: she is extremely nearsighted and having a watch on her wrist at night gives her a better idea of time than a clock next to the bed will. Another reason: Mommy sleeps with the light on. No, she is not afraid of the dark, but she sleeps better when she knows that when her eyes open she will be able to see the things around her. And, finally, Mommy, who is always late for everything, has a strange habit of accumulating clocks. There are probably around 13 clocks in the apartment right now, but (heh heh) because of our antics some of them have had their batteries knocked out. When Mommy has to get up extra early, she sets numerous clocks in numerous locations throughout the apartment, and sets them all to slightly different times so she will be sure to wake up. Which is silly, because she's getting so old that she wakes up at dawn anyway. Silly Mommy.

Mommy got her watch back, and we're not telling who took it in their mouth and left it on the floor outside the bathroom. Or why. We're cats. We don't have to have reasons.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Sam, Jul 13 10:41 pm

Kitten Corner > Can bigger cats accidentally injure kittens?

The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Thu Dec 10, '09 6:13am PST 
Hmm...interesting question. My suspicion is that unless your two resident cats are actually trying to be vicious to the kittens, the kittens will be able to take care of themselves. Kittens can be very fragile, but very resilient too. I stepped on a kitten in my previous litter by accident, and she was fine. I've heard of cases of the mother cat rolling over onto a newborn kitten and smothering it, but newborn kittens are the size of rats, and can't see, hear, or walk.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Sarge (In Loving Memory), Dec 13 5:07 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Trying to be Sensible.......

The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Fri Dec 4, '09 3:54pm PST 
This sounds odd coming from someone who is "trying" to be a breeder, but I don't like kittens as much as adult cats. The first time one of my cats had a litter, I was grossed out by these rat-sized clumps of fur with sealed eyes and ears, and mouths continually opening and closing as they searched for a nipple. Now I think they're cute, but it took a while. As for kittens who are old enough to walk, run, and play, yes, they are cute, but destructive as well, and pretty mindless. The upside of that is that they usually exhibit no fear (at least, not my MCs). Once they get older, they learn that there is danger and evil in the world, and get a bit more skittish. My opinion, based on all the cats I've had, is that they don't really come into their real personalities until they are two or so.
[notify]

» There has since been 22 posts. Last posting by kaya skye, Dec 10 8:38 pm

The- Magnificent- Seven

We all found- homes!

Purred: Thu Sep 3, '09 6:56pm PST 
Regarding MC fur--"silky but shaggy" is the expression most often used to describe it. However, Harvey, who was always being praised for his fur, had a white ruff that was cottony in texture. MC tails are cottony as well. The silky fur should be on the rest of the body, although I've known MCs who were all cottony, but were so furry that it didn't count against them. "Shaggy" refers to the fact that the fur hanging down the sides near the stomach is not even in length.

Currier's fur is soft to the touch and has some silky aspects, but tends to clump--I can't think of the English word for it--it doesn't stay neat and smooth, but divides itself into ridges. Normally, this is an indicator of an oily furred cat (MCs, NFCs, Siberians) who needs a bath, but Currier's fur doesn't change even after she's been bathed. I've never been successful at blow-drying her--you remember the traumatic incident with the Demon Hair Dryer--maybe a hair dryer would help, but I doubt it. Oh, well, no cats are perfect.
[notify]

» There has since been 4360.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.