Postings by Libby

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > FELV, Cat Tower cleaning?
Libby

Miss Libby

Purred: Tue Apr 29, '14 10:59am PST 
Perfect that's exactly what I had in mind! I'm going to tackle it today.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Libby, Apr 29 10:59 am

Cat Health > FELV, Cat Tower cleaning?
Libby

Miss Libby

Purred: Mon Apr 28, '14 9:30pm PST 
I have a cat tower that was used by one of my Kitties that passed away 2 years ago, he had Feline Aids and Leukemia. Is it safe to shampoo this cat tower and give it to my kitties who don't have it? I know FELV doesn't live long once it's outside the body but I'm still concerned that's why its been in my garage so long.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Libby, Apr 29 10:59 am

Cat of the Day & Week > Libby Says Thanks for the Cat of the Day

Libby

Miss Libby

Purred: Mon Jun 11, '12 5:34pm PST 
It's such an honor for my sweet little girl. Thank you catster!kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Juliette, Jul 14 12:01 pm

Cat Health > Anybody else have a cat with RH (Radial Hypoplasia)?

Libby

Miss Libby

Purred: Fri Sep 4, '09 11:41pm PST 
Someone Posted a web site about these kitties last year. I was intrigued and spent hours looking at before and after photos. One site in particular was an orange cat with the twisted legs and the owner made splits out of popsicle sticks and wrapped the legs up and after a couple days or weeks his legs weren't twisted. I remember it saying that its easy to reverse if you fix it while they are kittens.

Goodluck with your kittie
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Libby, Sep 4 11:41 pm

Cat Health > Will it be Okay to wait one more night to take her to the vet?

Libby

Miss Libby

Purred: Fri Apr 17, '09 3:54pm PST 
you know, now that you tell me it's painful than i may rethink it, if I can heal it on my own than I will I just need to let it dry out he said.

I thought the skin scraping was at least scraping the scabs off. I do not want them to take a chunk of skin off her. I will tell them no.

Thanks for letting me know.

I will get the name of the skin virus on monday for you. Than i will do a little research on my own.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Meow in Loving Memory, Apr 18 7:38 pm

Libby

Miss Libby

Purred: Fri Apr 17, '09 1:08pm PST 
I took her to the vet, They think maybe the UTI was caused from stress as well as the dry food.

They told me to put her back on Royal Canin. I had stopped feeding it to them because i couldn't afford it. But i'm going to put her back on it to prevent any other infections. They gave her a Shot, The name B is in it, you all probably know what shot it is, it's a common shot.

than they gave me two pills for the UTI.

now about her neck, it is caused from flees and I told them I'm going to buy revolution for all three cats soon. but it's something else as well. I forgot the name of the skin virus, but they showed me photos of other cats who have it, and it's exactly what Libs has, they need to do a skin scrap to test her for it, I couldn't afford that today, so i will do it on her fallow up. her ears are not well either. They are loosing fur they told me. I never noticed this because the day we found her, her ears looked like this and every other vet never mentioned her ears to me. They have gotten wors and she has scabs like bumps on the outer edge of her ear, I believe this is from the same skin virus. They think stress has caused it to Flare up. The shot they gave me should help with that as well.

they gave me a type of hollistics anti depressant for her. Libby is really stressed because of Milo and they want me to keep them seperated now. Milo beats up on her daily leaving her bloody and scabbed around the neck. I feel bad for her and I will try my best. if that medicine does work, they want me to consider putting milo on it, but I don't think I want to and I don't think i will keep libby on it, I just want her to be stress free so she can heal so we are going to try this.

when i do the fallow up I will make sure they do the skin scrap and test on her so I can find out if she has the skin virus. I want to get her treatment for that as well.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Meow in Loving Memory, Apr 18 7:38 pm

Libby

Miss Libby

Purred: Fri Apr 17, '09 2:34am PST 
it wont let me edit my post so here is a new reply.

she just drank half of dish of water. She was really thirtsty. Milo tried to drink the water and she growled at him lol. I brought her the food and water. she is walking around a little but rather just lay down.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Meow in Loving Memory, Apr 18 7:38 pm

Libby

Miss Libby

Purred: Fri Apr 17, '09 1:45am PST 
I don't feed my cats Tuna I know it's bad.

She is peeing a little because she did it earlier on the carpet.

I know she got the UTI from dry food. Thats all she eats and she eats too much, her weight gain in 6 months was fast. whe went from a 3lb cat to a 12 lbs cat in 6 months. I will actually feed her water with one of those medicine droplettes. I actually have a UTI perscription dry food for Milo. Banfield gave it to me when i told them milo was messing around in his letter not going, just thinking about it. I never picked any up, I will probably start feeding the cats this stuff now. I never got it because they were eating Blue Buff and Royal at the time. Milo didn't have the UTI. I had to switch to cheap dry food after we got bear. It's an indoor cat food in a green bag. I just can't afford the good food now. I'll start switching again though because of this.

what do krystals look like in the urine? I couldn't find a photo of it. I think she is passing them to be honest. I saw shinging stuff in her urine last week. I think it was her urine. I examin there poop and pee every week lol. I wasn't sure if the shining stuff was part of the litter when it got wet since it was very little.

if it's krystals it's going to be worse :o( I feel so bad for not catching this sooner on her. She is so so quite, keeps to herself all the time. Doesn't like any attention at all so if she's had this awhile she wasn't showing any signs because she is just a quite cat in general. She is a pleasure to have around, it's like we don't even have her until milo starts fighting with her.

the vet opens in three hours, I've been up with her all night.

P.S.
I just gave her Wet food, its real watery. She is eating it up.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Meow in Loving Memory, Apr 18 7:38 pm

Libby

Miss Libby

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '09 8:25pm PST 
thanks Sootball,

she's is in pain I can tell, I wish she was showing signs sooner or I would have caught the little sings sooner. I think it just crept up on her and BAM today it's bad. her eyes are squinting, and she didn't come running when I shook her bag of food. I think she will be fine until the morning, if she seeems to get worse over the night I will rush her to the ER vet.

while I'm at the vet I will have them look at all the scratches on her neck as well because that's been concerning me. I don't think all of it's from the flees because Milo likes to grab her by her neck and play/fight with her. Her neck has been getting worse over the past three days as well she been scratching at it pulling fur off, maybe all this can be connected to why she is peeing on the ground and not feeling good. If she doesn't have a UTI it has to be the neck causing her pain. I will let you know how it goes Sootball
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Meow in Loving Memory, Apr 18 7:38 pm

Libby

Miss Libby

Purred: Thu Apr 16, '09 2:42pm PST 
will she be okay if I wait until tomorrow to take her to the vet for a UTI?

it's 5:30pm here, the vets are closed. I did call a vet that is open until 7pm, she said they don't take walk ins and she didn't want to look up to see if they had appoitnments open. I don't want to take her to a vet that acts like that. 100 percent of the time, even the vets I don't like will take my cats in if I call them with an emergancy if they are still open, appointment or not.

I want to Take her to the Vet I take my stray too (my FeLV postive kitty). They are a Hollistic Vet and I love them. They are 30 mins away from my home but I would feel much better if I took her there.

My little girl Miss Libs peed on the carpet today, I'm 100 percent she has a UTI because lastnight I saw her trying to use the number 2 on the carpet as well as number 1 and she was in a hurry, My husband grabbed her and ran her to the litter box.

she has been showing signs of a UTI for at least 3 days. I didn't realize until this morning she has one.

she seems to be holding her pee in, she moves her back feet really slow, her tail a little down, like she may hurt a little down there. I've noticed it because I've been keeping and eye on her. I've been wanting to take her to the vet because she has scratched her neck raw from flees. (thats an on going battle in my house since I brought in the stray in Feb my husband and I are working on ridding the home of flees). I'm just really concerned about her showing signs of this UTI right now.

Will it be okay to wait until tomorrow morning to take her to the vet? I took my Milo and Libs both to the vet at the end of Feb and she seemed fine then, I usally take the kitties to the vet every 3 months, because something always comes up.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Meow in Loving Memory, Apr 18 7:38 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.