Postings by Angel Skinner - Rest in Peace

GO!

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Catster Survey

Angel- Skinner - Rest in- Peace

Grabbing life by- the balls

Purred: Thu Feb 5, '09 10:18am PST 
We did the survey and I will mew to others about it.
It was super easy and quick to do!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Andre, Feb 10 11:33 am

Get Well Soon > The Get Well Purr List

Purred: Tue Dec 16, '08 6:06pm PST 
Purrs.... Going out non stop at my house for Sir Sonny and his sweet Momcat.hug

Our puppy sister, Lizzy, cannot purr - but she is arrooooo'ing for Sonny and his Mom.

You are in our thoughts and purrs
[notify]

» There has since been 2690 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Mar 5 5:19 pm

Cat Health > Why Cats Should Stay Inside

Purred: Tue Oct 14, '08 7:11am PST 
I used to be an outdoor kitty, but I am now inside for the rest of my life.

You see - I was born and lived outside - and never thought I would be inside or even WANT to be inside. I always thought the outdoors was the place for me to be.

Until the day came, where I got sick and I was lucky enough to have a home to run to and to be taken in. Shorty afterwards - I was diagnosed with FIV and FeLV - I seemed to have contracted it from a bite that I got from another sick kitty whom was outside.

When you are an outside kitty - you are at a high risk of contracting one of the diseases I have - and even spreading it to other kitties. These are fatal diseases and highly contagious in our kitty community. The risk of parasites, worms, fleas, etc... are also very high for outside kitties.

If you decide to be an outdoor cat - make sure your pawrent has you checked for FeLV and FIV at least once a year. If someone did that with the cat that bit me - I would not be dealing with these 2 diseases. If Mom did not take me in - and if I was brought to a shelter - I would have been put down. It is a serious disease with serious consequences for us.

Thank you for letting me purr my thoughts. I pray that someday FeLV and FIV will no longer be a threat to our kitty community.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Angel Skinner - Rest in Peace , Oct 14 7:11 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.