Postings by Charmaine Neville

GO!

(Page 1 of 43: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Boric Acid question
Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Wed Apr 25, '12 10:49am PST 
My vet suggested using a plain Saline Solution (found in the drug department) to clean a cats eyes. Had never heard of using Boric Acid..... Good luck.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Charmaine Neville, Apr 25 10:49 am

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Unusual cat names?
Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Fri Apr 13, '12 8:06am PST 
Don't know if you would consider our names "Unusual", but here they are:

Louis Armstrong - after the well known New Orleans Jazz Musician
Emma Barrett - after a lady who played Jazz piano at Preservation Hall
Pete Fountain - New Orleans musician, plays the clarinet
Benny Grunch - Local New Orleans singer who makes parodies out of popular songs
Charmaine Neville - Another New Orleans Singer
Al Hirt - New Orleans musician, trumpet player
Elizabeth Bennett - after the main character in the book "Pride and Prejudice"
Jane, Lydia and Mary Bennet - sisters of the above in the book
George Darcy - originally named "Georgiaina after a character in P & P, by renamed when I realized "she" was a "he"

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Egon & Astrid, Apr 22 9:28 am

Cat Health > Spaying risks?

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Wed Mar 28, '12 11:28am PST 
We agree, the risk during a spay surgery are so few that your meowmy should not worry about having you spayed. Every cat that owned our meowmy was spayed or neutered. She also worked with an organization that did the Trap, Neuter/Spay Release and they did LOTS AND LOTS of cats, no problem.

As another poster said, we will all be here to hold your meowmy's hand while you are in surgery.

The New Orleans Kitties.........
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Eava, Mar 28 8:39 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Would this be acceptable?

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Tue Mar 6, '12 7:19am PST 
YAY!!!!!!! We are so glad to read this kitty as a home, and since your know the person you can keep up with her. When we posted earlier we had forgotten to add that to NEVER says "Free Kitten or Cat"...yes, asking a fee, even on $25 will keep (well I can't use the words I would like to) just say anyone who would abuse animals - from getting the kitten or cat.

We hope her new person keeps up her CATSTER page.

The New Orleans Kittiescheerdancingwavecloud 9happy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Abigail, Apr 23 6:35 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > is there a wrong cat?

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Fri Mar 2, '12 1:16pm PST 
Ralphie and Randy pretty much covered it all. Just to add, when you go to adopt a cat, Rescues and Shelters and PetsMart always have information on whether a cat is good with dogs, other cats, children, etc. etc. All of this must be taken into consideration, and I had a cat who lived to be 19 years old. So, it is a long term committment....and that is a lot of litter box cleaning - but I loved Creme Purr, and all the cats that came after her.

The New Orleans Kittis
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by max, Apr 25 9:41 pm

Cat Health > getting cats fixed
Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Mon Jan 30, '12 12:40pm PST 
Sandie - health benefits of having a female cat spayed or a male neutered are much more beneficial to them. Some females gain weight after the spay surgery, some do not. I have never seen a male cat who gained weight after being neutered. But there are exceptions to every rule. And, a good cat person monitors their pets weight. A cat who has been spayed or neutered makes a much happier pet.

The New Orleans Kitties

wave
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Sandie, Feb 2 1:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Separating Cats

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Fri Jan 20, '12 10:57am PST 
We had a suggestion - when you leave one cat with your sister and take the other one with you do this: When you go to your sister's house bring the cat you are keeping to visit his brother. And put a towel in the carrier and leave it at your sister's house so the other cat can smell his brother's scent, and bring a towel to rub on the cat at your sister's house, bring it home with you. Hope this helps, sorry you had to do this, but thank goodness you had family to help you, and your can keep your cats.

Sending MASSIVE amounts of purrs and prayers you find a job!!!

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Jan 22 3:16 am

Plus Power of the Paw > Help! We have a new unexpected arrival!

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Thu Jan 12, '12 10:46am PST 
Bless your mom for taking in the cat, and we will keep the lady who was evicted in our purrs and prayers. This sort of story has sadly, become all too common, but it is always heart-breaking.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Kosuteh, Jan 12 4:51 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Need help with cats and boyfriend

Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Mon Jan 9, '12 10:43am PST 
Abraham's Mom: Well, I am glad he seems to have come around. Perhaps he realizes how he hurt you by his wanting to git rid of your beloved cats.

Thanks for the update, hope this continues...and GOOD FOR YOU for putting your foot down. Also sounds like you all are communicating better....which is VITAL in a relationship. Take care of yourself, and please do come back and post with updates.

The New Orleans Kitties
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Holly Weilhammer, Jan 24 8:06 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Need help with cats and boyfriend
Charmaine- Neville

Hey Dawlin!!!!

Purred: Tue Dec 20, '11 12:35pm PST 
Honey, don't worry, we ALL make mistakes, but what is important is that you LEARN from the mistakes, and it sounds like you have. I looked at Abe's page, and you did not indicate what town you live in...but that is not necessary for the suggestion I have to post. First off, do you have any family who you could live with for a short time, or a friend? If you need some help, you can call ViaLink211, this is a national non-profit organization that can help with housing, jobs, etc. and all you do is dial "211". They are located all over the U.S. and there is no charge for the call.

Keep us posted.....

The New Orleans Kitties big hug
[notify]

» There has since been 33 posts. Last posting by Holly Weilhammer, Jan 24 8:06 am

(Page 1 of 43: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.