GO!

Cat Health > Cat has worm in poo, why type of worm is this and what do I do?

Charlie

A princess- ALWAYS gets what- she wants!

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 1:00am PST 
Owie! Looks like a roundworm, though I am no expert. I'd be concerned about the blood in the stool. Poor kitty, I hope he's feeling better quickly!

When I was first found, I had roundworms and my well-meaning meowmie dewormed me for tapeworms twice before getting the roundworm medication in me.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Amber, Dec 1 12:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Longterm peeing problem
Charlie

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '12 11:21pm PST 
Have you had your vet run a urinalysis? I have been a long-term problem pee-er also, and it turns out that I have flare-ups of VERY painful sterile cyctitis, especially during stressful times.

I'm still having trouble peeing in the box 100% of the time, but now my mom knows to give me pain medication once the problem starts and it resolves much faster. I have also been doing MUCH better on an all wet food diet. Another thing that seems to have made a big difference is my family taking out a wand toy or a laser and playing with me every evening until I'm TIRED. My mom thinks this helps to alleviate my stress, since she says I'm neurotic. I think it's just fun time that makes me sleepy, but whatever!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Orange Ruffy, Nov 20 11:36 am

Food & Nutrition > Best cheap food for stray cats

Charlie

Purred: Mon Nov 19, '12 6:57pm PST 
The ferals in my neighborhood eat Healthwise dry food. It's not the best, but it's not terrible by any means. Any canned food that goes out is immediately eaten by skunks, but for some reason the skunks seem to leave the kibbles alone!!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Miss Tiny Burr Burr, Dec 6 3:49 am

Behavior & Training > Losing a Friend After Surgery

Charlie

Purred: Thu Nov 10, '11 4:01pm PST 
Hi! I had the same probem when I was hospitalized with bladder inflammation. When I got home, Sherpa hissed and growled and swatted at me like he didn't recognize me at all! Meowmie's vet told her to rub me and then Sherpa with a shirt that she had worn. That way, we both smelled like Meowmie, and Sherpa had some vet office smell on him too. He got over it after a few days.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Nov 10 4:01 pm

Food & Nutrition > Fish based food?

Charlie

Purred: Sun Sep 4, '11 7:49pm PST 
Thank you both for your responses. Meowmie is going to start by getting the venison and fish dry food next time we run out, which will be soon. We might also try adding California Natural's Omega supplement to our food. That fish oil stuff was PLEH! We tried it for awhile. Yuck!

We'll have the kitties back on 100% canned ASAP, unfortunately with the hubby out of work and a $1,000 vet bill for the dog this week, subbing in a little kibble for everyone makes a big difference. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Sep 4 7:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > Water Fountains
Charlie

Purred: Sat Sep 3, '11 1:30pm PST 
Depends on the household, MoL! I thought our fountain was SCARY, and my housemate splashed water all over the place and made the floor soggy! We gave the fountain to our kitty friend, and she loves it....never makes a mess at all!
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Oct 15 4:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > Fish based food?

Charlie

Purred: Sat Sep 3, '11 1:25pm PST 
Meow Catsters! I suffer from idiopathis cystitis. Meowmie gets my urine tested each time I flare up, but there has never been any bacteria or crystals in my urine, only blood. Blood tests haven't revealed any cause either, and we've been around and around with several excellent vets who both eventually said "well, some cats just get cystitis flare ups for no apparent reason."

After trying a really icky prescription diet for awhile, Meowmie decided to try a fish-based food specifically because of my bladder issues, reasoning that the extra omegas in the fish might calm the inflammation in my bladder.

BOY was she right!! I was flaring up every 8-10 weeks routinely! I've been eating mostly a fish based diet now since last May and have only had one episode since then. I eat TOW trout and salmon dry in the morning (I know it's not ideal, but my dad is disabled and Meowmie has to support the whole family, so for the time being we're going to be eating some crunchies) and wet food in the evening. I was eating an all-wet diet for awhile before we started the TOW and it didn't keep me from having regular flare-ups.

Now though, several people have told Meowmie that fish based food is bad for me and may cause bladder issues? We've been poking around online for some time and have come up with LOADS of conflicting information, so now we're more confused than we were a few days ago.

I like my food, and I like not having to take steroids to keep my bladder working. What do we do?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Sep 4 7:49 pm

Behavior & Training > Dogs and cats living together...

Charlie

Purred: Tue Jul 22, '08 6:39pm PST 
In my home are one dog and two cats. Jasper (the dog) is really gentle and good with the cats. Him and Sherpa are best buds, and spend the mornings wrestling. Charlie is afraid of Jasper, but I think she'll warm up to him.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Lady Heather (rest in peace), Jul 25 2:09 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.