Postings by Scooter

GO!

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > What is a serving side?
Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Fri Dec 27, '13 11:07pm PST 
big grin I have a couple of "black holes" too.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 2 2:07 pm

Raw Food Diet > Anitra's Vita-Mineral Mix - anyone else using this?
Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Sun Dec 22, '13 4:02am PST 
OK, me lovelies. The subject line pretty much sums it up. Anyone else using Anitra's Vita-Mineral Mix? What are your results? Do you make it or buy it?

I have been feeding my cats rawfed for over seven years and it has reached a point where the rawfed recipe as published by Anne (catnutrition.org) and Dr. Pierson (catinfo.com) no longer worked. My cats no longer got excited about it, they only nibbled at it and they started to look kinda ratty. Yes, I tried new meats but chix thighs is all they will eat.

I vaguely recalled a mineral/vitamin mix in my "Natural Cat" book by Anitra Frazier. Desperate, I dragged the book back out and made the mix as it listed. Oh. My. Go. It totally works!

My cats always look good, thanks be to the rawfed. Now they look, feel, act even better. I have two very senior cats (13+ years old) that feel like bunnies and love to play with tennis balls, leap up for flying Ladybugs and flip dog hair balls.

Anitr's mix works so very well for me. Anyone else wanna weigh in on this? Please?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Smudge, Dec 24 10:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > egg yolks...

Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Thu Oct 31, '13 10:13pm PST 
I have been using the recipe from catnutrition.org for years and it too calls for raw eggs. I ain't got nothing but healthy happy cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scooter, Oct 31 10:13 pm

Food & Nutrition > Please take my survey on cat food!

Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Thu Oct 31, '13 10:09pm PST 
Did - answered as best I could for a rawfed/homemade diet. Good survery by the way.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Coal, Nov 9 5:41 am

Raw Food Diet > Has anyone ever offered their cat live prey?

Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '12 5:53am PST 
I don't have to feed my cats live prey. They hunt and eat it and sometimes offer it to me. Yes, I save snakes, lizards, and chipmunks if I can distract the cats long enough. big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Nyx, Jun 24 11:57 am

Raw Food Diet > Whiskers
Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '12 5:50am PST 
It is perfectly natural for a cat to shed whiskers just like fur. There was a couple profiled in "Must Love Cats" that collected all the fallen cat whiskers and, man, did they have a stack.

I do find them on the sofa, my chair, on the floor, under the table. It is just like our hair falling out and since your baby is strong and healthy, I would not worry about it.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Wilbur, Jun 6 1:15 pm

Cat Health > Advice for Advantagell Flea med

Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Thu Apr 5, '12 5:30am PST 
I can't really add any help to your question but I can tell you that the vets here are notifing pet caregivers that no brand of flea/tick prevention is working this season. The stupid bugs are resistant to it this year. Now we do live in an extremely rural part of TN so our situation is not necessarily yours.

??
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Apr 22 6:51 am

Cat Health > I'm a dog and this isn't my cat but...

Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Wed Jan 18, '12 5:47pm PST 
Use DE! I'm serious - it will fix your flea problems!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mia, Jan 22 8:48 pm

Cat Health > Fleas

Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Wed Jan 18, '12 5:46pm PST 
And I am serious about DE. It will WORK!!! Try it, you will not be disappointed. Even if you go to the vet the next day. TRUST ME!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Miss Puff , Jan 27 2:01 am

Cat Health > Water fountains - my solution?
Scooter

Even the sun- loves me.

Purred: Sat Jan 14, '12 9:13am PST 
Hey, y'all.

Please don't shout at me.

Having as many cats as I do, we burn out a lot of water fountains. Soooo I came up with my own solution to oxygenated water. I use the smallest aquarium (think fish tank) I can find, get tubing, a small rubber gripper thingy (you can find them with the fish tank stuff) and set it all up in a large bowl. Then fill it. Viola!

I know that most of them use water filters but in my own defense, we have a filter installed before it even hits the house. We have own spring that feeds our house and is coveted by many. It also has sediment that I need to filter out (duh me) but it is so gooood.

Anywho, that is my commentary.

CHeers!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Scooter, Jan 14 9:13 am

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.