Postings by RADDY (my heart's darling)

GO!

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Tambolina is dying.....
RADDY (my- heart's- darling)

I am still my- Meouwmy's- Beloved....

Purred: Fri Jan 10, '14 6:19am PST 
I think there are quite a few of you who loved the Grandad....and he WAS SUCH FUN, WASN'T HE? Anyway, now the Tambolina, his granddaughter, is dying.....the Meouwmy has a week or a bit more to say goodbye to the Tambolina.....

Freaky, eh? Or SO SAD....SO SAD......
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Feb 27 7:13 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > In loving memory of Tiger.

Purred: Sun Oct 6, '13 5:13am PST 
That was SUCH a lovely story about Tiger, and her love for you and your family, and your love for her.....You do not say whether you had her cremated or buried.....but, whatever, if you make a special place somewhere with plants and special secret things, you can go there and talk to her....but I expect you know that already....

Much love and many purrs to you, your family, and Tiger....

Jan
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Tigger, Oct 11 2:36 pm

Senior Cats > My Edison's going to Heaven tomorrow.

Purred: Sat Sep 28, '13 3:35am PST 
Dear Lisa...we've all been through it...and it is hard....but hang on in there...and perhaps, just perhaps Edison will tap a little kitten or a needy grown cat on the shoulder and say: 'Here's your new Meouwmy'....

Purrs from us all.....

Jan
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Saima *Rest in peace 10/5/2013, Oct 3 8:16 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > GOODBYE FOO

Purred: Sun Jun 30, '13 10:05am PST 
For Foo.....

It's Jan here....I am 65 years old and have loved and lived with SO MANY BEAUTIFUL CATS.....and I have seen them on their way, over Rainbow Bridge, and I THINK (all things being equal)..... that Tambolina AND Jim will see ME OVER THE BRIDGE...!! BOTH being around six years old now.....!!

SO...so....FOO...goodbye....I'll be there with you soon and your Meouwmy will be there some time later.....don't fret....you will not be alone.....

Jan xxx
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, Jul 1 6:42 pm

Cat Health > My Baby Has Colon Cancer

Purred: Mon Jun 10, '13 3:46am PST 
Dear Megan....obviously I cannot tell you how it is going to go for your little catperson...but I can tell you a little of my cat's story which might help....don't know.....

My cat, Grandad Joseph Conrad, had colon cancer...I think it must have been very aggressive, because I always watch all my cats 'like a hawk' to make sure that things are going well for them....but I did not pick up on his illness until he only had a short time to live....(he was nearly 18 - too old for surgery)...

Anyway...we had people from New Zealand staying for a month....and Conrad was dying...and I COULD NOT let him die until the people were gone and I could be with him properly......so, the vets were lovely.....and they gave him an anti-inflamatory, steroid injection every Friday....and it 'perked him up' enough to keep going for a little while....

And he was still himself, and he still loved me and the Tambolina....and Tambolina and I took turns staying with Conrad, in the end bedroom....for, indeed, his world had shrunk down that far....(I tried to get him out for some fresh air, but he ran back in again).....

The people went (on the Thursday, I think) and I made arrangements for the vet to come out on the next Monday to help me to help Conrad to the Bridge....but I took him down for his steroid injection on the day after the people had gone.....and he wouldn't have it.....(he was always a wild, wild, animal) So we left it but the arrangement was still that the lady-vet would come to my home on the Monday....seemed good, seemed fair...it gave me time to be with him alone to say my own goodbye (without visitors there)....

But it all went to pot...!! Without the steroid injection Conrad got so rapidly worse....but I couldn't let him go...!! I couldn't take him to the horrible vet surgery, where somevet who did not know him and whom he did not know would kill him.....I couldn't do it....

So the poor sod (and me and the male human) had to suffer over three days before the vetlady came, on the Monday morning...and the jobbie was done....and Conrad rode off on the Mighty Merkel, into ancestry, wearing Auntie Miss Lillie's best red bonnet....!!

Megan....you might find SOMETHING of use to you from the above...hope so....

All best love to you...

Jan
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 10 8:44 am

Cat Health > Cancer....Need to Talk

Purred: Tue May 7, '13 3:09am PST 
Dear Cinders' Meouwmy.....Hi...it is Janet here....I thought when you started writing this thread that it would come to this for Cinders....but, and I do know, you've got to try as much as you can to see if you can make it better (that seems to be the FIRST thing you have to do).....the SECOND thing you have to do is to start a process of acceptance in yourself (and it does come)....the THIRD thing is to BE WITH YOUR ANIMAL-FRIEND when the vet helps them to go to Rainbow Bridge....with my cats that I have seen over the Bridge, I cuddle them, put my nose to their nose and sing to them....have to tell you that in my experience they go easily....also, I think, if you can be left to cuddle and stroke when they are gone...I think it would help...when Conrad went over the Bridge, the vet took him away from me too quickly afterwards...the FOURTH thing is to do what seems good to you for their (and your) rite of passage (THE RITE OF PASSAGE IS VERY IMPORTANT AND CAN BE HEALING)....I can give you some good hints and tiny bits of (possible) wisdom from my own experience, if you would like? Let me know, if you wish, and I can paw mail you.....the FIFTH thing to do, I have found...and this is only my experience...write...write...about Cinders...from Cinders...do her a diary page or a blog...about her or from her or answering in her name to questions and answers.....The Ancient Egyptians (who...ehhhhh - by the way -...also 'worshipped cats') believed that if your name was seen and was spoken, you would live on.....so continue to speak her name?

So much love to you and to Cinders....so much love....

Jan, Tambolina and Joseph Conrad
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by Tigger, Jun 4 1:34 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Ghost of your Kitty?

Purred: Mon Apr 1, '13 4:41am PST 
I have just written a very long, heartfelt post about this subject...It took me ages...and now they tell me, 'coyly', that there are some words? a word? that is not acceptable....but, bugger me, I don't know what it was....!! 'psychological'? 'spiritual'? I have not sworn...believe me I have not..!! It cannot have been that.... Though I want to swear PRODIGIOUSLY NOW..!!

Hope this gets through....
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by CHARLEY BLEAU EYES, Apr 16 4:02 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > COOLEST NAMES

Purred: Sat Mar 2, '13 3:24am PST 
Dear Ones....Halloooooo...!! Well, it is me here...!! Grandad Joseph Conrad...and no, I am not here to tell you why that is my name (although 'thereby hangs an interesting tail'.....) No, I am here to tell you (part of) the strange story of that Mighty Warrior 'Cuchulain Cavmere'.....so grab a mousepie....and gather round......

Once upon a time (some 11 years ago) my Meouwmy and the male human went all the way to Solihull to look at some British Blue Pedigree Shorthair kitlings....and they were beautiful and they were clean and their Mum and them (just two kitlings) were in a sunny, lovely room...and they were playing...and the Meouwmy said: 'I want THAT one....!! Gosh, he is a big bugger...!!' And it was the Mighty Cuchulain Cavmere....!!

The Meouwmy called him 'Cuchulain' (a mythical Irish Warrior/Hero) because she was DESPERATE that he should grow up big and strong...(this relates to the other part of the story which was dark and frightening and really horrible and sad).....

Anyway, they went back to Solihull when 'Cuchulain' was three months old and they took him home with them....and he was SO CROSS....gawd, he was cross...!! Moaning and swearing and muttering and giving them evil looks.....!!

But he got used to them and to his life in his forever home.....and he was, and is still, a very happy fellow.....

Now....this is the funny bit...the Meouwmy and the male human had spent the two months since they first saw him, talking about him, and how wonderful he would be and how big and strong....he was their 'Mighty Hero, Cuchulain'.....the Meouwmy remembers many Friday evenings...sitting in the car outside the Fish-and-Chip Shop, waiting for their fish supper to be ready....and talking about the Wonderful Cuchulain Cavmere who was coming to share their life with them....and the Meouwmy ached in her heart for him....They got him...!! And he was WONDERFUL....but the sadness in the Meouwmy for what had gone before spoiled his kitlinghood....but he was SO loved, in spite of it.....

well...enough faffing around...!! Sorry...!! But the Meouwmy LOVES this story and it makes her happy to tell it.....

He was CUCHULAIN.....!! A WARRIOR/HERO...!! A little while after they got him they found out that 'Cuchulain' was pronounced (in Irish) 'Coo-hulan'....so 'Coo-hulan' he became....!! And then 'Coolan' and then.....yes.....'Colin'.....!!

He is now 'Colin'.....but in his heart...in his heart....he is.......?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mikko, Jun 16 5:13 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Facebook Pages

Purred: Tue Feb 19, '13 2:48am PST 
Dear Tia.....Hallooooooo...!!

A Facebook page...!! Of course I have a Facebook page....all of my own...AND I allow my Meouwmy to use it too...!! I write under the soubriquet of 'Grandad Conrad'.....come and have a look? There are some others as well, that I know of...there is one for 'Pookie', I believe, and one for 'Little Meouw'....

Do you have one? I shall go and have a look....

Best wishes and kitty kisses from

Raddy (aka 'You horrible old Bugger'; aka Joseph Conrad; aka Grandad Conrad)
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by RADDY (my heart's darling), Feb 19 2:48 am

Senior Cats > how can people just throw a cat away b/c they are old

Purred: Sun Feb 17, '13 4:20am PST 
Dear Noel and Noel's Meouwmy....please come to my Facebook page? 'Grandad Conrad'?

Come talk to us....please....I (the Great and Trying-To-Keep-On-Though-It-Is-Very-Hard Grandad) DO have a few laughs...and, perhaps, you could come and laugh with us?

Maybe....

Grandad Conrad and Jan xxxx
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by â™”Jeepurrs Creepurrsâ™”, Feb 18 7:23 pm

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.