Postings by Colin

GO!

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

Cat Health > kitty weezing...
Colin

I am DEFINITELY- the big cheese- now......

Purred: Sat Oct 5, '13 3:48am PST 
Dear Mitten's Meouwmy.....Quite honestly, I don't know if it is normal or not (after play)...and I suspect that a visit to the vet should be the 'next order of the day'.....BUT have to tell you that Colin has always wheezed (especially when sleeping), since he was a tiny kitten...he has been to the vet a couple of times for this and the vet always says: 'don't worry'.....Colin is 12 now....and a big, healthy boy.....

For my part, I think a visit to the vet for Mittens would be a good idea...

Good luck

Jan
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Oct 5 5:33 am

Other Meows & Purrs > COOLEST NAMES
Colin

Purred: Sat Mar 2, '13 3:26am PST 
Yes....that's me...!! Have a look at my piccies? Colin xxx
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mikko, Jun 16 5:13 pm

Behavior & Training > Help! I hit my cat and now she doesn't respond to my calls!):

Colin

Purred: Wed Feb 27, '13 4:04am PST 
Miss Kisu.....I didn't realise it was you - I didn't recognise you from the picture...!! If I had, I would have written here myself (instead of getting Tambolina to do it)....yes, it is I, your erstwhile lover, Cuchulain Cavmere....!! Ahh, so many memories.....!!

And no, my Meouwmy has never done anything horrid to me - not even when I box her ears...wallop...wallop....when she tries to pick me up...!!

cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Belle, Mar 9 1:19 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Nose Leather....

Colin

Purred: Wed Feb 13, '13 4:15am PST 
Dear Delyte and Felix...thank you for your inputs about 'nose leather'....I just find it so funny, but sort of horrifying as well....the little bald nosie-bits are SO BEAUTIFUL and, yes, it does sort of explain them quite graphically (when you contrast them with the furry surround)....I first saw that that is what they are called when I used to look up loads of literature on Colin, our British Shorthair Blue Boy....BUT 'leather' is the dead skin of animals...!! So...funny, lovely, horrifying.... shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Nika, Oct 29 5:47 pm

Cat Health > would you get your cat a dental?

Colin

Purred: Fri Feb 8, '13 10:29am PST 
Dear Miss Tiny Burr Burr......I seem to remember you from a past life (ie. before our Meouwmy got so very old and forgetful...!!)

She is thinking about your question and will reply later....and will be very interested to see what other people and pussycats think.....It's a good question...

Many kitty-kisses

Colincat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Yuki, Feb 10 1:14 pm

Cat Health > FIP Anyone ever had a kitten get sick and die from FIP?
Colin

Purred: Wed Jul 11, '12 11:19am PST 
Dear Mingo's Meouwmy.....I wrote the story of the beautiful little Lionel for you....and it hurt me....and I was totally enveloped in my own pain (which has never gone away).......but my pain was 11 - 12 years ago and yours is NOW....

Don't know what to say to you for what is happening for you now........I think Mingo was a pedigree? Like Lionel? It seems to me that this vile illness comes to the little ones who are born into 'flesh factories'.....places with too many cats and kittens all together that are not clean enough......don't know.....

But.....I am SO SORRY for your pain......have a look at Colin's Home Page....he grew and he grew and he is SO BEAUTIFUL.....AND he is related to the little Lionel......perhaps you will get another little one who will grow big and strong? That would be good, of course it would.....as I did with Colin.....

But the hole in the fabric of your life will never be filled.....just covered over....perhaps with something beautiful and colourful.....but you will never get over it....at least I did not and never have....but I look at Colin and I am amazed at how big and beautiful he is....and I see the little Lionel standing behind him and pointing to him and saying: He's here...I'm here....we both love you, Meouwmy.....

Perhaps that will happen for you.......

Jan and Colin (and, perhaps, the little Lionel)
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ramsey, Jul 13 9:32 pm

Cat Health > FIP Anyone ever had a kitten get sick and die from FIP?

Colin

Purred: Wed Jul 11, '12 3:42am PST 
Hallo.....It is Jan here....Colin's Meouwmy....I am writing to you using Colin (although I have three other cats as well) because we got Colin after we lost the Little Lionel....

Lionel was a Blue British Shorthair pedigree...he was as blue as a bluebell and as beautiful as a little fragile blue flower....we had never had a pedigree before and we found the breeder through one of the cat magazines....we so looked forward to getting him....and we went to Bristol to see the breeder.....and we chose him....my husband was not happy with the place Lionel came from...he thought it was 'smelly' and there were too many cats and kittens all in together...but we had booked him and, indeed, (no excuse really, I know) at the time we knew no better.....

We brought him home and he was so tiny and so delicately beautiful...and the other cats liked him very much....but he did not play, but mainly just sat on the arm of the sofa and watched....I cannot explain to you just how wonderful he was and how we all, humans and felines, loved him immediately.....

But, I suppose, a large part of his fragile beauty stemmed from his terrible illness....after a week, no more, he was sitting in front of us, playing gently, and, in a shaft of sunlight, we could see that one of the pupils of his eyes went small because of the light (as is normal) but one stayed large....I took him straight to the vets....they did the tests.....and said that it was 99% sure that he had FIP (I can't remember, but I think the dry variety?)and that I either had to send him back to the breeder or have him put to sleep (as he could have infected my other cats (he also had feline pernicious anaemia))....

He was mine and I would not have him put through more trauma so I had him put to sleep, quietly, gently.....

This is hard for me to do, to write this....it was what? 12-13 years ago...but I have never got over the horror....or ever forgiven God (or whoever up there) for putting such a burden on such a tiny, beautiful, innocent creature.....

We got Colin (also a Blue British Shorthair) about six months later (the Vet said that any infectious material would be gone by then and it was safe to get another blue boy)...we got him from Solihull, from a place where they only had one litter of kittens (not lots and lots, like the Bristol breeder, she had a little flesh factory, indeed she did)....

Colin has grown big, strong and beautiful (in a very masculine way...!!)...Have a look at his Home Page....!! But his kittenhood was spoiled for him and for me....I was afraid to touch him and then touch the other cats....and I was continually looking into his eyes to see if one pupil was bigger than the other....and, yes, I freaked out a few times, with him, and with the other cats....'His eye's big, his eye's big..!!' 'No, it's not' my husband would say....

There's a bit more to the story....but I think this is enough for now....Oh, and, have to tell you (something a bit nice).....Colin is actually (according to his pedigree papers) related to the little Lionel....
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Ramsey, Jul 13 9:32 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Any stories regarding little pink winkles......!!!

Colin

Purred: Sat Jun 25, '11 6:48am PST 
Dear Pandora and all the other wonderful pussycats out there.......!!!

I have been following this thread sneakily (the Meouwmy does not know)...so, have to admit, I have been examining my little winkle carefully.....yes, I have.....!!!

In fact I am examining it now....!!! A little barb...!! I have found a little barb...!! Well, it might be....not sure....

Nah.....it wasn't......Oh well....I'll keep on looking...I would SO MUCH like to find one....at least ONE.....I AM a man-cat, after all....

Colin
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Emma Barrett, Jul 1 9:32 am

Colin

Purred: Tue Jun 7, '11 4:48am PST 
This is getting SO funny and wonderful and many 'winkle-lovers' replying.....!!! Keep it going.....!!!

The thing I loved the most was the idea of squeezing out the urinary crystals from the 'little pink winkle' with 'human finger and thumb'......pplleeaassee....NOOOOOOOshockshock.....couldn't do it....!!!

Your posts are SO FUNNY and SO HORRIFYING....please keep them coming....!!!

Jan (and Colin and Jim)

ps from Miss Tambi and Auntie Miss Lillie.......EEEEEEEEKKKKKKKK....!!!!

partyparty:
[notify]

» There has since been 27 posts. Last posting by Emma Barrett, Jul 1 9:32 am

Colin

Purred: Mon Jun 6, '11 5:25am PST 
Hallo....People and Pussycats all....!!!

Dear Wesley.....I think you are probably right that I need to get out more in order to compare and contrast the winkles of many other kitties so I can make a proper assessment......

Dear Purrcy....Great Stuff...Thank you......

and Dear Patch......sad, is'nt it? The taking of the grapes...!! Just before we had Colin neutered we were thinking, half-seriously, of putting an advertisement in the local paper: 'Handsome British Shorthair Cat seeks beautiful ladycat for night of love before the axe falls'...!!! But we never did.

Any more 'pearls' or 'winkles' of wisdom before I grab my notebook and pen, put on my 'kittie sociology' hat, and venture forth....!!!

All good thoughts to you all.....

Jan (and Colin, this time)

shrugshrugshrugshrug
[notify]

» There has since been 38 posts. Last posting by Emma Barrett, Jul 1 9:32 am

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.