GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Manx > Manx Kitties
Seamus- FitzCatrick

I am bad ass

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 1:15pm PST 
Hi pretty kitties,

I am posting on behalf of my stepmother who is looking for one or two Manx kittens. She has always had Manxes and her last one just passed away (he was the sweetest kitty ever cry ).

Anyways, she lives in the UK and cannot seem to find any breeders anywhere over there. Does anyone know of any Manx breeders anywhere in the UK (or even in Europe)? Or Manx breeders in the US who ship internationally?

I'd appreciate any replies, she is having kitty withdrawals! Thanks kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by TGM Gimli DB #101a, Dec 27 4:28 pm

Behavior & Training > Favorite Pee Spot- the Wrong One!
Seamus- FitzCatrick

I am bad ass

Purred: Sat Sep 20, '08 8:51am PST 
Loki, I don't have any advice but I do have a similar problem, so I'd like to see the answers to this post!

Seamus pees on the carpet next to the front door. Only there and his litter box. I don't know how to stop him from doing it - I've cleaned it many times with Nature's Miracle, I clean his litter box 2-3 times a day, I bought a plastic mat to put in his pee spot to dissuade him from going there but now he pees on the plastic... The next step will be changing his litter, and after that, keeping him in the bathroom when I can't keep an eye on him! I swear, this is stressing me out so much.

It's odd though, that Loki has chosen the dog bed. I honestly can't think of anything to advise you - sorry, I'm no help but I can sympathise!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Seamus FitzCatrick, Sep 20 8:51 am

Behavior & Training > Randomly using my litter tray... or not

Seamus- FitzCatrick

I am bad ass

Purred: Fri Sep 5, '08 7:17am PST 
Hi Gosmot wave thanks for the response!

He was at the vet about a month ago for a checkup, but I do think we'll go back just to be sure.

The thing is.... it's not every day, it's once a week or month at the most.

We've been using yesterday's news because I like the idea of it better but I think we are going to switch litters and see if that will help. Thank you for the advice! kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Snaffle, Sep 8 4:42 am

Behavior & Training > Randomly using my litter tray... or not

Seamus- FitzCatrick

I am bad ass

Purred: Wed Sep 3, '08 10:56am PST 
Hi Snaffle!

I'm glad to hear that Seamus isn't the only one (though not glad that you have to clean up pee a lot!).

I hope you don't mind me sharing my situation to see if anyone has any ideas - I didn't want to start a thread on the same topic and be annoying.

We've had Seamus for 4 months now. He came to us litter trained, declawed, from the pound. The first thing was that he would poop in the corner of the basement, so we stopped allowing him access to the basement and he stopped doing it. Then, he peed and pooped on the bathmat. We stopped allowing him access to the bathroom (as he also liked to pee in the shower tray) so that stopped. The last few days I've seen him scratching at the carpet by the front door, but that was all it seemed to be - until just now, when I was about to take the dog out and Seamus was peeing on the carpet by the door. I took him and put him in his litter box, but now I wonder if he's been peeing there for a while when we haven't been looking. I cleaned it with Nature's Miracle.

My question is - why is he consistently peeing outside the box? Obviously stopping access to his favourite pee spots is just causing him to go elsewhere. What can I do besides transferring him to the litter box when I catch him? I've never had a young cat before, so this is new, and all the cats I've had have never had litter box issues (besides those related to senility!)

Snaffle, I hope you continue to progress with your training, and again apologies for hijacking. kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Snaffle, Sep 8 4:42 am

Behavior & Training > Weird behaviours :)

Seamus- FitzCatrick

I am bad ass

Purred: Thu Aug 7, '08 6:59pm PST 
MOL Khina!!! I love the video! I do the randomly running and then suddenly stopping thing too, it's AWESOME!

Hey, does anyfur have any doggy fur-siblings? It's so funny when I sneak up on my doggy brother and pounce! He has no idea. He's dumb. He loves it though, and then I can't get rid of him and I start to regret bugging him! snoopykitty
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Kritter, Aug 8 7:45 am

Seamus- FitzCatrick

I am bad ass

Purred: Tue Aug 5, '08 4:52am PST 
I LOVE your picture Yoda!

Last night my daddy was on his laptop and I climbed on the keyboard and laid down. It felt so warm and nice! The people were laughing at me though. All I did was try to save a web page as 'm,//lhko;'00'! These humans are bizarre.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Kritter, Aug 8 7:45 am

Seamus- FitzCatrick

I am bad ass

Purred: Mon Aug 4, '08 3:18pm PST 
laugh out loud Meowma is used to old cranky kitties, so I guess these fun quirks will keep popping up with me!

She also discovered today that I like to attack the mop big laugh
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Kritter, Aug 8 7:45 am

Seamus- FitzCatrick

I am bad ass

Purred: Sun Aug 3, '08 9:15am PST 
kitty Hi kitties smile

My people have had me for a couple of months now and they have noticed a funny quirk which they've never seen before in other kitties (I tell them it's cos I'm special and unique), and they wondered if anyone else has weird kitties that do this smile

I am OBSESSED with the computer! Whenever one of my people is on the computer I sit right next to the screen and stare at it. Then, randomly I try to pounce on it! I can sit there staring for like 30 minutes. Sometimes I stand on the keyboard and bring up the help function! I just can't get enough of that computer. My people say I'm technologically advanced.

Anyone else do this or something just as weird? kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Kritter, Aug 8 7:45 am

Behavior & Training > Trying to escape from safety!

Seamus- FitzCatrick

I am bad ass

Purred: Wed May 21, '08 12:50pm PST 
Haha yeah and if my hands are typing and not petting he will stand on the keyboard! big laugh

We keep the dog crated when we're not home because he tends to chew things he's not supposed to. It's just safer for him to be crated. So they can't get at each other when I'm not home anyway. I only had to put the cat away last night (in the bathroom this time, no more carpet destroying!) because he and the dog were chasing at 2am.

The funny thing is, after me worrying about the safety of the cat with this crazy playful dog, now I'm more worried about the dog. He is leaving the cat alone more and more, and the cat is seeking him out and pouncing! He made Dougal's snout bleed a little this morning, poor soul. So all that worrying was for nothing - Seamus is apparently very street wise!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Seamus FitzCatrick, May 21 12:50 pm

Behavior & Training > Trying to escape from safety!
Seamus- FitzCatrick

I am bad ass

Purred: Tue May 20, '08 2:51pm PST 
Thanks for the responses!

I decided to just open the door and see what happened. They seem to be ok, I guess I was just worried about the small kitty and the not so small dog! Thanks for all the advice;

Reese - it's been 2 and a half days. From how I've seen them interact I think the cat can take care of himself at this point - if the dog is too excited or too close he hisses and swats him and the dog backs off.

Margaux - there is no way the dog would tolerate being locked in a room. He is such a velcro dog, if I shut the door on him he either whines constantly or lays there and waits until I come out (this could be an hour!). I've tried to leave Dougal's things with the cat and vice versa so they can get used to each other's scent which seems to be working.

Lucius - I think bending the rules was the right thing to do here. Dougal was whining and staring at the door to the room where Seamus was every time he heard the kitty bell, so it was like a huge deal when he actually got to see Seamus. Now he's wandering around the house and isn't so focused on the cat.

Thanks again for all the advice, hopefully we have solved the problem now!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Seamus FitzCatrick, May 21 12:50 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.