Postings by Shadow

GO!

(Page 1 of 189: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Wet food spoiling really fast?
Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Fri Aug 23, '13 6:47pm PST 
Its most likely your sense of smell right now. Try taking it out of can as soon as you open it, and put it in a glass jar (not plastic) Then I would not microwave it, but instead add some warm water to it to make it a bit soupy, see how that works.
What brand is it?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Dean, Aug 25 9:37 am

Food & Nutrition > Canned food free of both guar gum and carrageenan??
Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Fri Aug 23, '13 6:41pm PST 
This wet food does not contain carageenan or guar gum
Go to a site called firstmate.com
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tigger, May 15 2:29 pm

Food & Nutrition > Alfalfa?

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Thu Aug 1, '13 6:41pm PST 
Thanks BK here is a quick link to the subject on Alfalfa in our pets food smile
click here
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Aug 1 6:41 pm

Food & Nutrition > Different Flavors, bad?

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Tue Oct 23, '12 7:50pm PST 
Your questions
1. Are those flavors of Wellness Core too rich?
2. Should I stick to one flavor?
3. Is Minion Garfieldish? Should I stop feeding her as much (I do portion what I give them).
4. Maple doesn't eat nearly as much as Minion, do you think Minion could be filling up on both her and Maple's leftovers and THEN throwing up? --only those two flavors

1. No. they are not too "rich" do they throw the food up right away, or hours later? Cats need high protein, there is actually not a lot of protein in these foods compared to what a cat would naturally eat in the wild (raw)

2. No. try introducing many flavors so cats do not get an allergy to one type of food.

3. No. the dry food may not be fulfilling her protein requirement. Feeding 3 times a day is good. Your cats do not look overweight at all. Take the weight of your cat times that by 13.6 and add 70 this will give you the amount of calories to feed a day. Calorie amounts can be found on the can or the company website. Portion the meals into 3 different meals, or portion for two meals and give a little before going to bed. Feeding wet food will satisfy your cats appetite more than dry. Can you feed just wet food?

4. The only way you can figure that out is too watch them, or feed them seperately some how.

catinfo.org is a great site to read smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Oct 23 7:50 pm

Cat Health > For anyone with an overweight cat

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Sun Oct 21, '12 11:29am PST 
I would just like to add to what Merlin said. If your weight calculations are correct, loosing 7lbs over 2 months is way too much weight to loose. Please visit catinfo.org on how to get your cat to loose weight slowly, and safely. If a cat looses weight to quickly they are prone to hepatic lipidosis.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Oct 22 8:09 am

Raw Food Diet > Not good news Raw feeders
Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Wed Jul 18, '12 11:49am PST 
http://www.truthaboutpetfood.com/articles/very-bad-news-for-raw-feed ers.html

"Attention anyone that feeds raw meat pet food or manufacturers of raw meat pet foods...the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) is about to vote on a policy against the feeding of raw meat pet food. If you want to protect your rights to feed a raw meat pet food, I suggest you take action before this gets approved"

Read the full story at the link provided.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Shadow, Jul 18 11:49 am

Food & Nutrition > All Wet Food Diet - Overweight Cat

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Fri Jun 15, '12 9:28pm PST 
Great info from everyone, though that may get a bit expensive, can you try the larger cans? maybe the Wellness grain free,and also add in some Weruva?
The Wellness is a bit cheaper, the bigger cans are a better deal. Also when you buy a case you ususally get a discount too. My Shadow had the same problem many years ago, before I learned more about feline nutrition. She was almost 20lbs and had Struvite Crystals in her urine really bad. So I switched her to an all wet grain free food and she hasnt had the Crystals since, and she has gotten down to 13 lbs. I used Dr, Lisa Pearson of catinfo.org formula for loosing weight. weight of cat x 13.6 and add 70 this is how many calories I gave in a day to start, then gave a bit less after that, full description is on her page the one Merlin linked to you. Hope all goes well for Loki smile
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Jul 2 6:31 pm

Food & Nutrition > Is Before Grain Supplimental only??

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Thu Jun 14, '12 2:06pm PST 
Hi Basketball, all Merricks Before grain are now complete and Balanced
http://products.merrickpetcare.com/product/consumerproduct .jsp?id=93&description=Adult/Cat/BG-Chicken
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Merlin - An Angel Forever, Jun 15 9:32 am

Food & Nutrition > Throwing his nose up...again! (Nutro or Holistic Select)

Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Wed Jun 13, '12 12:08am PST 
Actually Brownie both the Chicken soup for the pet lovers soul and Taste of the wild cat foods were both recalled. the food was both for cats and dogs. for these two kinds
http://www.tasteofthewildpetfood.com/information/
http://www .chickensoupforthepetloverssoul.com/information
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Ramsey, Jun 22 11:49 pm

Food & Nutrition > Throwing his nose up...again! (Nutro or Holistic Select)
Shadow

Education is the- Key

Purred: Tue Jun 12, '12 10:37am PST 
Sorry guys I should have been more clear. I meant the Taste of the Wild, and Chicken soup. The ones the OP was talking about.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Ramsey, Jun 22 11:49 pm

(Page 1 of 189: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.