Postings by BeBe

GO!

(Page 1 of 53: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Cat Behavior
BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Mon May 28, '12 6:34pm PST 
So I made up this survey, in hopes of learning more about cats. I'm curious about things people experience with their kitties.

I was wondering if anyone here wanted to help me edit and maybe add more to this survey or if anyone here wanted to take it when it's finished?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Batfink, Jul 9 11:01 am

Laws & Legislation > What can we do??
BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Mon May 28, '12 1:13pm PST 
There are products you can get that should help keep cats out of your yard. I've never used them so I'm not sure how effective they are. I think they do the same for other critters as well.

It's not your responsibility, we get it. Too bad? shrug These cats maybe just ones she feeds and hasn't collected. There are tons of feral and stray cats every where. Even if you don't see them, they're there. Well part of the ecosystem now.

If you want to live peacefully, you'll try to find a TNR group. That's going to take care of a lot of your problems. Find out if she's feeding them, if not try to find a pet food bank. You're not paying for it, but you're providing it. That's going to take care of more of your issues.

I assume they poop in a garden area? If not where? I'll give suggestions on how to stop that when I know.

What other complaints do you have? We can work and find solutions for you, but if you just came in here to whine and compare cats and dogs (apples to oranges?) then I don't think there's much else to say. Be productive on finding a solution.hamster dance
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, Jun 4 6:21 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Help with TNR in the Cincinnati/Hamilton, OH area

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Thu Dec 29, '11 6:02pm PST 
tnrsaveslives@gmail.com

get in contact with them if you still need help
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BeBe, Dec 29 6:02 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Help with TNR in the Cincinnati/Hamilton, OH area

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Wed Dec 21, '11 6:47pm PST 
You're in Ohio? I'll have to see if I know of any rescues in the area that could assist.

Alley Cat Allies has lots of good information.

I can advise you further if you message me. I've been doing it almost half my life.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BeBe, Dec 29 6:02 pm

Laws & Legislation > What right do you have to protect your cats?

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Fri Jan 21, '11 10:40am PST 
We have a lot of loose dogs, pepper spray is a bad idea. If the wind isn't working to your advantage you could hit yourself, your cat, and miss the offending dog all together.

I use an air horn on walks with my dog, but she's deaf so I don't have to worry about her spooking. a metal walking stick maybe?

I'm not sure why laws on pit bulls would be needed? If there's leash laws that should be all she needs. Continue calling animal control.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by CHARLEY BLEAU EYES, Feb 1 6:23 pm

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Thu Jan 20, '11 8:25pm PST 
Forgot to ad those statistics about pit bull attacks are INFLATED. They misidentify dogs as "pit bull" simply because a dog has a big head or is brindle shrugshrug Labs have been accused, heck my SHELTIE was accused of being a pit bull before. I saw one news report about a dog mauling claiming the dogs involved were "pit bull" types and every single one of those dogs were heeler mixes.

Don't blame breeds. It has NOTHING to do with it. Loose dogs are a danger PERIOD.
[notify]

» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by CHARLEY BLEAU EYES, Feb 1 6:23 pm

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Thu Jan 20, '11 5:10pm PST 
I have the same issue. Keep calling animal control. Repeatedly. They have to take action against them, if you keep calling eventually they'll get up and y'know do their job. It's like pulling teeth.

I don't leave mine out tied up simply because if a semi goes by they do get spooked and I don't want them to squeeze out of the harness (it has happened) or get hurt if they freak out.

Don't under estimate the Jrt either. I love both breeds but terriers of any kind are bred to kill other animals. A friend of mine used to have jrts that he would use to hunt racoons. So if his prey drive kicks in shrug

As far as I know, you do legally have a right to defend your animals, especially on your property. I don't know about in city, but farmers here won't hesitate to shoot a dog that's messing with their livestock. My friend had her dog shot because it went over and killed someones rabbit. Guy was in the right to do so. I think it does vary from area to area.
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by CHARLEY BLEAU EYES, Feb 1 6:23 pm

Raw Food Diet > Poop Question

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Thu Dec 16, '10 10:14pm PST 
Sure is a lot of poop talk on raw threads. I didn't realize they could go that long. Around here at most it's every other day.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BeBe, Dec 16 10:14 pm

Raw Food Diet > Any videos or pics of your cat eating raw?

BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Thu Dec 16, '10 10:04pm PST 
I stalk mine with the camera, especially Lil' Guy, I love watching him eat. Uhmmmm I call him Lil' Guy here but his name is a swear word and on my videos I do call him by it. Just FYI on that part.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SilentKhayos

that's my whole channel which is mostly raw videos and various videos of the critters.

Please share! I don't see many videos/pics of raw fed cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Fae, Dec 24 5:49 pm

Raw Food Diet > Feeder Rats
BeBe

I'm just a- lover!

Purred: Thu Dec 16, '10 10:01pm PST 
I might have to try rats. I figured they'd snub it due to the size but they love mice... and now that I know a kitten will eat one, I bet BeBe will freak about it lol
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by BeBe, Dec 16 10:01 pm

(Page 1 of 53: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.