GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Cat Health > My Cat just ate a bird feather....
~Grizzly~- Angel much- missed

Catch it before- it catches you!

Purred: Sat Nov 17, '12 2:01pm PST 
Ummm.... I eat BIRDS all the time (they all have feathers) so I've eaten my share of feathers too, my guess is that you eating one small feather does not warrant a trip to the v*t.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Dec 1 1:11 pm

Cat Health > What age do you have your kitten spayed or neutered?

Purred: Sat Dec 10, '11 8:24pm PST 
I was a fostered kitten from a a litter of five. The Shelter would not allow me to be adopted without being neutered - so I was neutered at the age of 10 weeks. (my mumma thought that was too young.)
But I have developed normally and am not under-sized.
Mumma thinks that kittens should be neutered or spayed between the ages of 4 - 6 months depending on development. Is your female kitten displaying signs of coming into season? Is your male attempting to mount the female? If so, you should discuss having your kittens neutered and spayed with your vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 11 1:15 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Hey, am I a Chartreux?

Purred: Sat Dec 10, '11 9:42am PST 
Leila you are right about the Siamese heritage possibly influencing the Korat.
Back in the '60's my brother adopted a Siamese names Suzie - she had escaped and had been bred by an unknown tom.
She had a litter of solid gray (who looked like me) and black kittens.
My brother gave us one of the gray females and my mom had her bred to a purebred sealpoint. Interestingly, the resulting litter was two kittens.
One was a solid black kitten with the head and body conformation of a siamese, and the other was a sealpoint kitten who had the conformation of a moggy! MOL!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 10:37 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Hey, am I a Chartreux?

Purred: Thu Dec 8, '11 7:00pm PST 
Leila,
I agree...just because you "meet" the color of breed certainly does not mean you are "purebred" anything...I meet the breed standards of a Korat..but I'm not. I'm just a moggy with a nice coat color.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by , Jan 7 10:37 am

Cat Health > Early Neutering Question

Purred: Fri Sep 16, '11 8:17pm PST 
yes. we adopted Griz at 10 weeks and he was neutered just before he was allowed to come home with us. he did just fine. The Shelter we adopted from would not allow us to to take him home before he was neutered...we would have opted for a bit older though.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Sep 19 8:52 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

Purred: Thu May 5, '11 4:09pm PST 
Thank you for the nice welcome Miss Elizabeth! I just wanted you to know I wasn't making up a story or anything like that!
So sorry to hear such disturbing news, Delyte, I think I would opt for the surgery and hope for good results. I can only imagine the anguish that you feel. I wish I knew of something to help you out.
Hugs and purrs to all~
Grizzly
[notify]

» There has since been 712.8 posts. Last posting by , May 18 3:43 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

Purred: Thu May 5, '11 10:05am PST 
I assure you, Izzie and Al Hirt, that I am NOT involved in any sick jokes about animal abuse. I was appalled by what I have read in Yoshi's Dogster diary entries. And Yoshi does exist on Dogster. Evidently Yoshi is a "borrowed" dog (Fake Dog?):

http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1144409

The merest suggestion of animal abuse - even made in jest - sickens me.
Thank you for taking my post seriously - maybe I am a "Fake Cat" after all!
Purrs~
Grizzly
[notify]

» There has since been 718.8 posts. Last posting by , May 18 3:43 am

Other Meows & Purrs > animal reactive cat (sort of a vent)

Purred: Wed May 4, '11 10:09pm PST 
Nina's person,
This is a diary of yours, just what are you talking about here??

November 26th 2010 3hi57 pm
[ Leave A Comment ]
As you all know, I don't live with typist. Typist really wants a dog sooo badly, but unfortunately she's stuck with her mommy's stupid cat Jellybean. If it wern't for Jellybean, typist's mommy would've gotten her a dog long ago. So, I've decided I'm gonna help typist get her puppy. Here're a few ideas on how we could get rid of Jellybean, you pups help decide which is best, 8DD.
1. make fried cat
2. flush Jellybean down the toilet
3 give her cheap cat food that'll make her sick and die.

BOL BOL BOL just kidding, typist secretly loves Jellybean.

happy thanksgiving to all my American pals.

ILY

xoxo

Yoshi Boshi

Even in jest, this sounds very bad to me. I don't know you, don't know what you do, or how old you are, but you sound incredibly young and immature. I think you need to grow up a bit before you take on the responsibility of a dog. I know you want a dog very badly but - Please don't hurt your cat in order to achieve your goal!
Other's here have given you great ideas about how to get your dog fix without actually having a dog in your home and I agree with them!
Good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , May 7 5:27 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > My workplace wants me to get rid of my cats...

Purred: Sun Feb 6, '11 5:27pm PST 
Dear Lowell's mom,

Thank you for your very concise and well written response. I apologize for your hurting your feelings - that was NOT my intent.
From reading many of your posts, I perceive you to be a woman of very high intelligence and integrity. I only wanted you to start thinking about what you need to do, in the event you are to be let go from your position - not what your employer was trying to do to you.
I do sympathize with you and I hope you will overcome your recent difficulties. But precipitously putting ALL of your lovely cats up for adoption made me angry. I think you love them far more than that.
I know you have cats that you would like to sell, or at least place in good homes, but to put all of them up for adoption broke my heart.
Please accept my apology.
[notify]

» There has since been -1 posts. Last posting by , Feb 7 10:29 am

Behavior & Training > Terrible xperience getting Marley in a carrier!

Purred: Mon Jul 5, '10 2:50pm PST 
I have had difficulty loading Griz at times. One thing that my vet does at the end of the annual wellness visit is to put the carrier on the exam table and allow the cat to enter it on his/her own (they are usually very willing go in on their own because they want to get away from the vet and the techs). I have found since my vet started doing this, that loading my cats is much less traumatic at home.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , Jul 6 2:55 pm

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.