Postings by Stitch

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > 2 cats with different nutritional needs, but will eat each others food
Stitch

Give me Love! - And greenies!

Purred: Wed Dec 28, '11 10:06am PST 
I have a 3 year old overweight cat (Stitch), and a 7 month old kitten (Sully). I've kept Stitch on a grain free food for over a year now, because I feel like it's better for her, and when she has grain, she has THE MOST heinous stinky poop ever. She was eating Blue Buffalo Wilderness, and switching between the types of meat from time to time. But she was becoming less and less active, and gaining more and more weight. I would put about a cup a day in her bowl, and she just picks at it throughout the day.
Sully came to me eating ProPlan, but I figured it would be easier to switch them both to the same food, as he seemed to prefer Stitch's food to his own anyways.
I thought that I would have to switch Stitch to a regular indoor cat food to help her lose weight, but that would mean putting her back on grain. Then I discovered that Wilderness came out with a Weight Control food. She seems to have lost a little bit of weight (i'm just going by her appearance), which I think is a combination of the food and being chased around the house by a new kitten. My only concern is Sully. Since he insists on eating her food too, I also feed him the Weight Control. Is it safe for him to be eating that? I fill both their bowls at night once a day (so they let me sleep), and usually by 4 or 5 the next day, they're empty. I just don't want to worry about stunting his development or something. They're both used to free feeding, so they won't eat an entire bowl if I put it down.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by , Mar 9 3:24 am

Cat Health > cat scratch fever?
Stitch

Purred: Mon Oct 6, '08 7:29am PST 
You should certainly keep an eye on it, and wash it with soap and water if you already haven't, as well as apply antibiotic cream. It's also known as Bartonellosis, but that is a little more difficult to say.
Being a groomer, I'm more than familiar with it. Although I'm lucky to have never had it, I know groomers that have, and it's ranged from recieving simple antibiotics, to spending a night or two in the hospital.
Keep an eye out for red streaks going towards the middle of the body (up the legs or arms). Also, headaches, fever, fatigue, and swelling are signs, as well as more serious loss of appetite, weight loss, and sore throat. It can also affect your spleen.
Cat bites are notoriously more dangerous than dog bites, and while I can get away with just washing and putting cream on a dog bite (which i've done in just the past 12 hours red face), I wouldn't think twice about seeing by doctor for a cat bite.
Hope you heal soon, and that it's nothing serious at all.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Chloe ~ Itty Bitty Angel Kitty, Oct 7 6:17 pm

Cat Health > They may turn my friend's kitty from a boy to a girl!!

Stitch

Purred: Mon Sep 29, '08 7:12pm PST 
I'm posting on behalf my my friend who does not have an account, or even a working computer right now. I figured here was the best place as ever to find answers.

Her kitty, Little Bub, is about 2, and has had severe blockage problems for a while now. Currently, he's staying over at the vet again, being unblocked and monitored. Her vets have told her that his urethra is too narrow, and to stop the blocking, he'll have to have surgery to shorten and widen his urethra. Essentially, they'll have to remove a good portion of his penis shock

She's worried about a few things. One being that she'll go from having a boy cat to a girl cat, but she said she'll get over that. Another being that there is a chance he may become incontinent afterwards. Being that she rents her apartment, she would not be able to keep a kitty that can't hold it. The last worry is the price. Her vet says it will cost her about $2,000 for this surgery. She's going to come up with the money, as she loves her Little Bub, but she wants to know the success rate of the surgery, as well as any possible side effects.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥Boudin♥ ILM , Sep 30 3:22 pm

Behavior & Training > Never had a cat like this before

Stitch

Purred: Thu Sep 18, '08 11:25am PST 
oh I definitely want her using it. I just never thought she would teach herself. I think it's from all of those morning where she just won't let us go to the bathroom by ourselves and insisted on being in there. She was observing us. lol
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Liberty, Sep 18 4:53 pm

Behavior & Training > Never had a cat like this before

Stitch

Purred: Wed Sep 17, '08 5:19pm PST 
My cat just self taught herself to pee in the toilet! I caught her doing it this morning. shock

For weeks now, I've been having such a headache trying to get her to stop pooping in my bathroom sink. Ive tried filling it with water, only to come home to an angry wet kitty, and poop floating in the sink. Finally, I think I found the solution. My roommate made a sink cover out of tin foil, and I finally came home to poop in the litter box, and was relieved. Then while on the computer, I can see into the bathroom down the hall, and see a kitty playing in the toilet water. I got up to get her down, because telling her to get down just gets me a look akin to that of a 15 y/o teen. Then as I get into the bathroom, she turns around, stands with her back feet down into the bowl, and her front on the seat, and starts tinkling! I couldn't believe what I was seeing, as I never even began to try and teach her that. I gave her buttloads of praise, but is there anything I should do for her to continue with this stroke of genius she seems to have developed. Should I just let her be, since she seems to have figured it out herself? Plus, here's hoping that the tinfoil on the sink trick keeps working. She's always used the Sweat Scoop without issues before, and I try to keep it as clean as I can.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Liberty, Sep 18 4:53 pm

Behavior & Training > Ahh! Stitch is so naughty!
Stitch

Purred: Tue Apr 15, '08 7:56am PST 
I love her to death, but for almost the past week now, it seems I love her more when she's asleep! She loves to cuddle, and will sleep and purr under your chin, and will give kisses on your lips, and is so nice. Then she REALLY wakes up, and you can see the demon within stirring. shock
Shes getting very very bitey now, and I'm kind of not sure how to curb it. Even just laying on my arm, she'll turn and start biting it. I'll make the unhappy sound, like a lound "Ah!" and "No". She stops for maybe 2 seconds, and does it again. So I make the sound again, with her stopping and starting again. After about 3 times, she stops responding to the sound, so I've taken to blowing lightly on her along with the sound when she does it, and she hates that. But it seems like it only makes her mad, and she keeps biting even more.
Even putting her down doesn't help, because she jumps back up to do it again!
I'm hoping this is just a phase for now, because I just want to make sure I do the right thing to not end up with a bitey older kitty.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Apr 16 5:26 am

Food & Nutrition > How do you like Wellness?

Stitch

Purred: Thu Apr 10, '08 9:48am PST 
mom started feeding me Wellness Kitten, and I LOVE it! Right now, she's feeding me about 1/3 of a can (they're little cans) in the morning, 1/3rd in the afternoon (if someone is home in the afternoon to put it out), and 1/3rd in the evening. She also leaves out Blue Buffalo Kitten dry for me to munch on inbetween. Hopefully she's not feeding me too much, because I don't want to become a fatty catty!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Star, Apr 11 1:16 pm

Cat Health > my poop!

Stitch

Purred: Mon Apr 7, '08 9:25am PST 
I do know of a couple places around here that sell the Wellness. (just not my store, oh well) So when feeding, do I introduce it slowly by mixing it with her dry, or should still keep out her dry as is all the time for her, but give her the wet on the side? I've never fed wet to a kitty before.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bandit, Apr 7 9:40 am

Cat Health > my poop!

Stitch

Purred: Sun Apr 6, '08 8:08pm PST 
I'm only hesitant to try canned because I've always been told to feed only dry to keep her teeth clean. Plus I thought the canned would make her poop even softer.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Bandit, Apr 7 9:40 am

Cat Health > my poop!
Stitch

Purred: Sat Apr 5, '08 10:26pm PST 
Sorry, but this whole set of questions really revolves around Stitches poop. Here's goes.

I got Stitch this past Sunday, and she seems to poop 1 to 2 times a day. Everytime, it's very ropey and toothpastey. She has seen the vet, and been dewormed, but have yet to get her vaccines, as the vet doesn't think she's much older than 6 weeks. I didn't know how old she was when I was getting her, but they were being just given away to anyone, and I didn't want to risk not getting her.

I don't know what she was being fed before, but I have been feeding Blue Buffalo Kitten Dry. A vet tech suggested changing her food, but I thought that Blue was a really good food? It's the best that my store sells anyways, and I'm sure it's much better than whatever she was being fed before.

The texture also is an issue as Stitch is constantly stepping in it after she goes. She meows the whole time right before she goes, and then digs to china afterwards, but always manages to get it all over the back of her back feet and sometimes up her leg. I've either watched her do it, or had the pleasure of finding kitten poopy prints in my bathroom. She's already received her first bath because of this, and I'm constantly cleaning her feet. Is this just because she's so young and has yet to develop the coordination to not step in her own poop? Have other kittens done this before? It's been so many years since I've had a kitten.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Bandit, Apr 7 9:40 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.