Postings by Harvey

GO!

(Page 1 of 291: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Tue Oct 8, '13 1:03pm PST 
Hi, Nina! This is my first time back on Catster after two months. How are ya?
[notify]

» There has since been -3.1999999999998 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Fri Aug 23, '13 12:16pm PST 
Sorry to hear that, Delyte. frown You had a long and happy life with a Human who loved you. Say hello to my Boku and Kitty!
[notify]

» There has since been -1.1999999999998 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Wed Jul 31, '13 11:49am PST 
Haven't been here for a long time...Catster is too hard to log onto, and I have been mostly on FB. How are y'all?
dog
[notify]

» There has since been 2.8000000000002 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Laws & Legislation > Ask Albert Einstein Medical Center to End the Use of Kittens in its Pediatrics Residency

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '12 6:35pm PST 
Have the doctors experiment on each other or on human children. Sheesh.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Dec 3 6:39 am

Laws & Legislation > Stop The Torture And Consumption Of Dogs And Cats In South Korea

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '12 3:12pm PST 
Good luck! MOL, MOL, MOL.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Harvey, Aug 6 3:12 pm

Laws & Legislation > Speak Out About Walmart's Cruelty To Pigs
Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Mon Aug 6, '12 2:43pm PST 
I shop at Walmart all the time. I am poor. They are cheap. Is it true that Walmart's pigs are any more mistreated than the pigs supplied to other sellers?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Harvey, Aug 6 2:43 pm

Laws & Legislation > Don\'t Believe this Cattery!!

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Tue Jul 10, '12 11:42pm PST 
From what I understand about FIP, it isn't entirely understood, and kittens from any background can get it. To knowingly sell a cat with FIP is unethical, but just because a cattery (or a vet's office, or a private home) has produced a kitten who later develops FIP, it doesn't necesarily mean that that breeder/caretaker's care is lacking, although cleanliness is important for keeping cats healthy.

You know, I have been away from breeding, and Catster, for a long time, and it seems to me now that a lot of the fuss made about cat breeders is sort of irrelevant. Not in this case, obviously. But cat breeding occurs on such a minor scale compared to dog breeding, and the vast majority of pet cats have no breed whatsoever. Many breeds are owned almost exclusively by cat show enthusiasts, breeders, or regular owners who just have a yen for a certain "look." The world of cats and dogs is entirely different. The world of breed cats is quite small, and the depiction of breeders as evil (yes, this woman sounds evil, but that doesn't mean that all breeders are)seems exaggerated. As far as I can tell, there really aren't many kitten farms equivalent to puppy farms, and the average breeder is a hobby breeder who is not contributing to the cat overpopulation problem. Then again, I show with the CFA, and most of my cat show buddies are breeders--they are an intense group who dominate most of the breeds in Japan (you are not going to find some fly by night breeder selling Selkirk Rexes to a pet shop, for example). I haven't been very active on Catster lately, but I remember that when I was, I was always trying to defend breeders. Now I realize that the prejudice against breeders is (1) largely influenced by the dog breed world, and (2) based on very little actual malfeasance on the part of pedigree cat breeders. Pedigreed cats are mostly a non-problem, unlike the case of pedigreed dogs (if you are inclined to think that pedigreed animals contribute to the overpopulation problem).

That being said, this woman sounds like a bad breeder, which IS a problem, and I feel sorry for the people and cats who have been victimized by her.
kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Marlin Purrkins, Jul 15 7:51 pm

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Wed Jul 4, '12 7:52pm PST 
Hello, I am fine, more or less. Will be returning to Japan soon.
cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 79.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Wed Jun 20, '12 12:37am PST 
Where is everycat?
thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 87.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Harvey

Has been COTD!

Purred: Sat Mar 31, '12 9:34pm PST 
In buckets.
[notify]

» There has since been 113.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

(Page 1 of 291: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.