Postings by Stormy

GO!

Cat Health > URI

Stormy

Warmer than a- Blizzard

Purred: Sat May 10, '08 10:19am PST 
My name is Cassie. I am Stormy's new sister. I came to live with my new brother a week ago and we are getting along pretty good, at least tolerating each other.

Anyways, I have an upper respiratory infection and was just started on antibiotics this morning. Now my guardian notices that I seem to be breathing through my mouth. Is this like a human who can't breathe through their nose when it is all congested, or does this mean I am having trouble breathing?

Otherwise, I got a clean bill of health this morning, which made my guardian feel better. Office hours are over now and she doesn't want to panic over nothing. Cassie (otherwise known as Sassy...going to change my name here in a second)
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Cinder, May 31 3:47 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > I've Got a New Sister
Stormy

Warmer than a- Blizzard

Purred: Mon May 5, '08 3:45pm PST 
Well, I think I am making a little progress. Last night I came nose-to-nose with her. She growled a little bit and ran under the couch. Today one of my guardians (the male half) let us out together in the living room. I was able to give Sassy a lick on the head, I got that close. She hissed and ran off, but that's better than nothing. Stormy
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mysty (The Princess), May 5 9:42 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > I've Got a New Sister

Stormy

Warmer than a- Blizzard

Purred: Sun May 4, '08 6:32pm PST 
My guardian thought I needed a playmate, and she felt so good adopting me that she decided to adopt another cat from the humane society. Her name is Sassy, and she is a torti, a real pretty girl. She has been here two days now and all she does is hiss at me. I have been trying to approach her and be nice. I know I have to give her time to settle in, after all it has only been a couple of days. However, she is soo skittish.

She likes my guardian to pet her, and she gives her kitty kisses, but a lot of things scare her under the bed. They have kept her in a separate bedroom away from me. When I am sleeping on my guardian's bed, she is let out to explore the rest of the house.

My guardian knew that it would take some time for us to get along, but now she is worried that she is to skittish. Is there hope that she and I will ever get to be friends? Stormy
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mysty (The Princess), May 5 9:42 pm

Behavior & Training > Leash Training?

Stormy

Warmer than a- Blizzard

Purred: Sat Apr 5, '08 6:12am PST 
Hi. I'm Stormy. I hope you don't mind my butting into this conversation. My new mom doesn't know whether I was an indoor only, outdoor only, or combination kind of a fellow. If she puts me on a leash to go outside, will that cause me to meow at the door all the time wanting to get out, or should she just let me be content to be an indoor cat, which is what she wants. Stormy/Bonnie wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Stormy, Apr 5 6:12 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Where would you buy a cat: breeder or shelter?

Stormy

Warmer than a- Blizzard

Purred: Fri Apr 4, '08 7:32pm PST 
I recently adopted an older cat from the local humane society, and I couldn't have picked a better one for me. He's quiet, huggable, and not very demanding! I will adopt my next cat at a humane society; in fact, I am seriously thinking about getting a playmate for Stormy, but haven't made up my mind yet. Bonnie
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Tinker Bell 2003-2006, Apr 15 12:30 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.