GO!

(Page 1 of 166: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Senior Cats > Distressed and torn...
BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Sun May 27, '12 8:57pm PST 
hug Meowma knew I felt bad for quite a while before she let me go; I think it sounds like you are about ready to come see me here at the Bridge, but only your mommy knows...ask her to clear her mind, brathe deep and think about how you are acting and then she will know what is the right thing; my Meowma thought it was selfish to keep me here for her, not me.
[notify]

» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Louis Armstrong - ILM, Jun 22 10:31 am

Senior Cats > Having issues switching my 14 year old cat from dry to wet food...help!!
BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Sat May 5, '12 8:49pm PST 
I had almost your exact profile, even to the enemas and Lactulose, You are going to get hollered at from all directions, but here are tips from meowma and I (I am now at the bridge but my last years were happy).
These tips are for SENIOR kitties who can't poop, would not give so much fish or snax to a younger cat but seniors want comfort even if it makes their lives a LITTLE shorter, Meowma thinks--tho she really doesn't think there is much detriment that will effect before nature takes its course anyway in a kitty this age. I did NOT go due to anything caused by food, rather arthritis made it too hard for me to continue anymore.
1) First, it sounds totally wrong but if you are 14 and don't like canned food, fergittabouttit, not happening. Sorry. Don't stress you or Kitty trying. I loved my dry food, Meowma got me on EVO, Royal Canin or Purina ProPlan regular adult cat formulas. (hated all other supposedly healthier options and threw away $$$$$ of all brands you can think of) ) at least better than what I got before coming here.
2) Along the same line, sounds absolutely wrong bit if she is on a Hairball formua, pumpkin, or other hi-fiber 'help', stop it. Period. It stops them up worse.
3) She is ok with tuna? let her have some (water packed no salt) tuna or water or no sodium added sardines every couple of days. She is too old to build up all-that much bad stuff in her system.
4) I loved cheese, Ice cream, whipped cream; usually nNO NO for cats, but ahhhhh. Lucky me, lactose intolerance did NOT give me diarrhea, it eased my constipation. We are falking about maybe a total of 1/2-1 teaspoon of these items. I hear screams, ignore them . Your cat is old and deserves t be happy. .

I came to Meowma at age 8-9 and did get forced to lose 4 pounds but, again--I was old and miserable if 'starving'. I did lose 4 pounds and was happy till age 15, asked to go to sleep due to arthritis. The BAD tips kept me pooping and NOT getting constant enemas even tho I only loved dry food. Just sayin...
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by , May 26 2:49 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Fri Apr 27, '12 6:05pm PST 
I needed Louis, to fly me around, lady cats don't walk even at the Bridge...Faye, I am very sad for you because I know hhe was special--we love them all, but some have something extra and I think Louis was one of them. rainbow
By the way, I have decided to keep a special little Bombay girl kitt, who will be BooBoo Jr. She has been telling me she is SPECIAL and is already sitting in the chair next to me about all the time, at 8 weeks old. There are also new little Bombay born to one of the WV recovered kitties as of last week...can one be Louis?
[notify]

» There has since been 104.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Behavior & Training > How do I prevent my cats from acting like lunatics at mealtime?

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Tue Feb 28, '12 6:07am PST 
I used to live with Pandora but am at the Bridge now. We can learn! Look at the video on my page smile and see how nicely I sit there. Meowma didn't use a clicker, though. She is old and those weren't invented when she started working with animals, hee hee.
Pandora was just trying to get a clearer picture of the situation. It does sound to us like Egon is the biggest problem. I t6hink that it would be helpful to work on the little trick in my video using some treats, then when that behavior is firmly established, you can use the 'sit down' command at regular feeding times. Meowma's fewlla, who never even had cats until 5 years ago, even has his 2 cats doing the sit and raise up simultaneously, like little circus lions. It's very cute.
Alternately, for safety maybe you could try feeding them in their carriers.
Or, and I hate it but, Meowma really doesn't like punishing cats if at all possible, but this sounds like a situation where the spray bottle would be appropriate, since it's a behavior they can't sneak and go do when you aren't looking. Arm yourself with the water bottle and when the insanity starts, squirt them until they move however far from you you want them to be. If they keep coming before you get the bowls put down, spray again until they get the idea.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Smithwick, Feb 28 12:22 pm

Behavior & Training > Problem with 11 yr old female

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Sun Feb 26, '12 9:32am PST 
I agree, something is causing it to hurt when she poops and she now associates it with the box, OR the other cat is running her out of the box. Cats that have reliably used the box don't stop for no reason, and while it's a popular idea cats don't poo out of 'spite'. Stress, possibly. I am back from beyond the Bridge to tell you, I think especially due to her age constipation is very likely. I got totally stopped up and had to be 'put under' and cleaned out at the vet, and afterward I was still afrain it would hurt to poop. Meowma had to totally retrain me, by putting me in a little room with Dr Elsey's in a big pan, and she would sit in there for an hour after I ate rubbling my tummy and stetting me in the box when I was obviously about to go. I hope it doesn't get this embarrassing for you.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Feb 26 9:32 am

Cat Health > New cat with Entropion
BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Fri Jan 13, '12 3:04pm PST 
I am coming back from the bridge for a minute to agree with the above; get the surgery, I had it and it isn't bad. BUT, Meowma says try to find a vet that does it by laser if you can. She has seen it done both
ways and the little skinny cut left by the laser is much better than the big one with a lot of sutures that happens with the regular way, it heals faster and easier. but either beats having your eyeball scratched up and going blind! As surgeries go it wan't even expensive, call around first.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Jan 13 3:04 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > It is happening now.......

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Mon Sep 19, '11 4:51pm PST 
YaY, we know this has been a trial for you. We want a real copy. Will it be illustrated?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Tambolina, Nov 12 9:16 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Miss Charlotte, we let you down, I am so sorry...we loved you so.

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Fri Jul 22, '11 6:21am PST 
It's not your fault; poor Charlotte's tooth problems probably did set up an infection that worked quickly. Since she's an older kitty, she can come sit on my cloud with me.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Psycho 5/2010 - 07/18/2011, Jul 23 11:03 pm

Kitten Corner > Cats are so much smarter

BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Tue Jul 19, '11 6:02pm PST 
I'm at the Bridge now, but look at my video on my page; I was 10 when I learned it and would also "get on your chair", 'say meow' and 'go to bed'
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Wolverine Lightning Bolt, Aug 4 7:18 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Goodbye Lola, I love you...
BooBoo

headed for the- light.

Purred: Mon Jul 4, '11 6:09pm PST 
I'm purrrring from the bridge--bless you, sweet mommy for taking Lola when she was already a 'senior cat'. Meowma got me when most would have called me 'too old' and lovbed me best of all her kitties ever even though she only got to have me for 4 years. Oh no, I see my Meowma crying agin. Sleep well old and well loved Lola.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Baltster 1990 ~ 2011, Jul 13 2:38 pm

(Page 1 of 166: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.