Postings by Mishka

GO!

Cats and a Clean Home > litter box help..

Mishka

go away, we are- busy relaxing

Purred: Sat Jan 22, '11 9:08am PST 
I will make an appointment this week. I hate to do that because taking him outside causes all now troubles. He is super anxious and I get a vet to come here for check ups.
Last night he decided the box was his friend again. He went in it like nothing was ever wrong. I will still make sure nothing is physically wrong though. Thanks for your advice.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Jan 24 7:22 am

Behavior & Training > eating litter pellet.. Mom is grossed out!
Mishka

Purred: Sat Jan 22, '11 9:04am PST 
I just saw him do it and realized he does not ingest the pellets. He bites them in half then spits it out. He also only goes after the ones outside of the box. I do my best to put all strays back in the box but I have to sleep sometime!
Help. Still grossed out here
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mishka, Jan 22 9:04 am

Behavior & Training > eating litter pellet.. Mom is grossed out!

Mishka

Purred: Fri Jan 21, '11 12:58pm PST 
We got the Tidy Cat Breeze about 6 months ago. Great change (besides a few issues we are dealing with due to Mom not using a good cleaner near my box)
I LOVE that I don't track litter around and get it on Moms bed. She doesn't get all squemish and do a bed check for litter anymore! I have gotten what she calls a really gross and disturbing habit though. I chew the Breeze pellets like they are treats. Why and how can I stop so she doesn't gag anymore?
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Mishka, Jan 22 9:04 am

Behavior & Training > New kitty pottied under table, supposed to be litter box trained!

Mishka

Purred: Fri Jan 21, '11 12:54pm PST 
What worries me is the blood in the stool. Has kitty been to the vet yet? Sounds like it is time to go.
Everyone has given you great advice otherwise. The litter should be switched soon. Paper was by far one f the biggest mistakes I made when I brought Mishka home..
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mishka, Jan 21 12:54 pm

Siamese > My Siamese wont talk !

Mishka

Purred: Fri Jan 21, '11 12:43pm PST 
Mishka was never very vocal until he turned 8. Now he yells at me when I come home late without calling, when dinner time has past by more than 30 seconds and when I am standing up! I guess standing up and not playing is considered rude! lol
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Nestle, Jun 13 7:24 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > litter box help..
Mishka

Purred: Fri Jan 21, '11 12:35pm PST 
I went on a day trip that turned into 3 days 2 nights. I should have changed the pee pad the day BEFORE I wnt away(I use the Tidy Cat Breeze) I came home and when I pulled the pad out some spilled. I cleaned it up and sprayed Lysol then wiped that up with a wet sponge. I realized too late I used scented Lysol spray (vanilla) Mishka started peeing and pooping out side of the box. Poop on the tile floor but the pee goes on a nice brand new wall to wall carpet. Not smelly and I used some of the Natures Miracle Urine stuff. All the behavior continued so I bought a new box (Breeze) thinking maybe I got some of the spray in the box and it wouldn't clean away.
I tried to put him (gently) in the new box and he howls and cries like he is being hurt! It has been 1 full day and I think he just peed in the spot I cleaned yesterday. I live in a 2 room apt (1 bedroom, 1 living room and a small galley kitchen. There is only 2 possible spots for the box - the back closet he is in now or the front closet right next to the front door. Since he scares easily the front door would be a terrible idea. What else can I do? Unless it is VERY coincidental it is not a health issue. It all happened with the lysol smell
I am open to a vet appointment but am 100% sure it is behaviour related not health. So- HELP ME PLEASE!
BTW- Mishka is a 10 year old Siamese with light athsma troubles and is very anxious when it comes to other people. There has been noone in the apartment but my Mom who he knows and loves. so no changes besides what I described.
sorry I am so wordy but I wanted to make sure I told all the deets.Also I am a bit anxious here! Tearing out my hair and counting pennies so I can afford a carpt cleaning..
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Hunter *Dreamboat #82*, Jan 24 7:22 am

Cat Health > Lower Tract infection.. Dasoquin?

Mishka

Purred: Mon Mar 3, '08 9:32pm PST 
Thanks to you all! I went to the vet to pick up the food (Hills) and the Dasoquin along with some anti inflammatory stuff for crystals.. Hopefully it will work for me as well as it did for you guys! Athena, thanks for the post! I will check out that other food! I jumped right into the Hill's food.. the second bite wasn't so good! lol
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Athena Marie, Mar 3 10:34 pm

Cat Health > Lower Tract infection.. Dasoquin?

Mishka

Purred: Mon Mar 3, '08 3:37pm PST 
I had a lower urinary tract (still have a bit. with crystals) I need to go pick up Hill's perscription food which I am not looking forward to silenced AND the DR. wan't to give me Dasoquin. Has anyone used this? I can only find info on it for joint care.. Anyone use it for other "Stuff"?
thanks!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Athena Marie, Mar 3 10:34 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.