GO!

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Cat Health > how do you handle a rainbow bridge crossing
Greta (now- in kitty- heaven)

I am the QUEEN- OF THE HOUSE!

Purred: Wed Jul 18, '12 12:45pm PST 
Greta's mama here....

I can totally understand your hurt and pain. I had to put my Greta to sleep on July 4. She was weak and skinny too like your Baybee, but in her case she had kidney failure and hadn't eaten for days, but drank far too much water.

You've gotten some great advice...give yourself time to heal, don't feel bad if you cry still even months or years after...4 years ago I put Buster to sleep and I have times when I still cry about it...kitties are such a huge part of our lives, they leave "paw prints" on our hearts and when we have to let them go to the bridge it feels like there's a void. I know at least that's how it's felt for me.

Hopefully and maybe...in time you will find another kitty who will leave their paw prints on your heart, one who will help you move on and enjoy their companionship. For me, after losing Buster, Daniel & Solomon were the ones. The Lord gave them to me (I'm a Christian). I don't know yet who will take Greta's place...I am leaving that up to God. (He makes better choices than I do, LOL)
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Queen Tallulah Angel Dreamgirl, Jul 19 7:20 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > July 4....My independence day...I am free.

Purred: Mon Jul 9, '12 4:32pm PST 
Tank you all! I am so grrateful to the angel kitties who have taught me so much. Mama might be getting anofur girl soon so keep her in purrayer.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Greta (now in kitty heaven), Jul 9 4:32 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > July 4....My independence day...I am free.

Purred: Wed Jul 4, '12 2:38pm PST 
Tank you Cody.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Greta (now in kitty heaven), Jul 9 4:32 pm

Purred: Wed Jul 4, '12 7:08am PST 
Mama took me to the vet today after I hadn't eaten for about a week, was lethargic and severely underweight. I weighed a little over 4 lbs. at the ER vet...my gums were pale, my temp was only 98 and I was dehydrated....every time mama picked me up I was just skin and bones. The vet thinks either my kidneys or liver was failing and recommended I be put to sleep.

Just a little later, I went to heaven and reunited with my brofur Buster who went in 2008...I am now FREE...

Please remember mama that I love you and will NEFUR furget the sacrifice you made so I could be free.

Miss Greta (9/5/99 - 7/4/12)
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Greta (now in kitty heaven), Jul 9 4:32 pm

Kitten Corner > Overprotective mama cat?

Purred: Tue Oct 4, '11 6:13pm PST 
Furgot to add - Susie is not feral but she grew up having to fend fur herself outdoors. Could this be the cause of her overprotectiveness? (If that is indeed what she's doing?)
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Greta (now in kitty heaven), Oct 4 6:13 pm

Kitten Corner > Overprotective mama cat?

Purred: Tue Oct 4, '11 6:11pm PST 
Hi again,

My mama is going to go to my Gamma's house soon, fur 1 week, to help out with fostering some kittens. Right now they live with their mama, Susie. They are 4 months old and all including mama cat live in the house.
The kittens were born wild but are slowly getting socialized. Susie however still hovers over them and protects them. When Gamma's ofur cats try to approach one of them, Susie will attack them. (AFAIK she is not like that toward humans.) How long should a mama cat be among her babies? If she's being overprotective, is there a way to stop this behavior?

Tank you in advance fur your help!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Greta (now in kitty heaven), Oct 4 6:13 pm

Kitten Corner > 8 day old stoped pooping

Purred: Sat Aug 20, '11 3:05am PST 
Thank God fur poop MOL!

Maybe now you can relax a little knowing he's going and is still doing great. It's also great you're handling him a lot, he'll get to love that (if he doesn't already). I was held a lot when I was a baby myself and I wuv it.
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Patch, Aug 30 11:40 am

Purred: Wed Aug 17, '11 6:05pm PST 
I would think he's too young for an enema....it almost sounds like he has a blockage... poor little guy. Did his diet change recently? Is he straining to poop? Or even trying to? Changes in food can cause constipation sometimes. My 8 y.o. boy Solomon had this problem recently & had to have an enema a few months ago, and he did go right away but then didn't have another BM until several days later. I know about the costs too, it cost me over $1200 to find out why he wasn't pooping regularly and getting treatment for it, as well as antibiotics later after he developed a fever.

I'm at a loss as to why he's not pooping up a storm. Maybe you should try another vet? I would ask other vets for sure if nothing else. Get some other opinions. I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like the current vet hasn't done a good job.

Keep up the great work, he is such a little cutie...and keep stimulating him!
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Patch, Aug 30 11:40 am

Purred: Tue Aug 16, '11 4:37pm PST 
Oh he's so beautiful! How's he doing? Any luck getting him to poop? Also how does his tummy feel? I'm just wondering if maybe he is backed up. The fact that he pooped even a little is better than nothing. I commented on your page under my actual name. smile Let us know how he does!

Miss Greta (and mama Lynda)
[notify]

» There has since been 21 posts. Last posting by Patch, Aug 30 11:40 am

Behavior & Training > Hmmm, Perdita's changed.

Purred: Fri Feb 25, '11 8:15am PST 
I have heard of mama cats who didn't like their "children" after a while. This may be the case with Perdita. I had a friend who had a mama cat and at least one of males from her last litter, and they didn't get along with each ofur. I nefur had kittens so I don't know if it's true, but my human mama says it is.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Perdita, Feb 26 1:47 am

(Page 1 of 12: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.