Postings by Tyger

GO!

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

Raw Food Diet > Blind owner, wishes to possibly feed raw
Tyger

*scratch* DON'T- STOP PETTING- ME!!

Purred: Mon Jan 25, '10 4:37pm PST 
I feed Tyger raw (Natures Variety Premade, turkey/chicken formula). She actually loves it, and it seems to keep the litter box from stinking. So far I recommend it. But like others said you don't want to feed it with kibble. I'd recommend going full premade raw or doing half canned/half raw. Tyger is the easiest pet to feed in my house! I do DIY prey model raw with Sabre, and our dog Maya, and our other animals eat live bugs, lol. Premade is much nicer smile
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Charlie, Jan 28 11:59 am

Raw Food Diet > ground vs. not
Tyger

Purred: Mon Jan 4, '10 9:36am PST 
I only feed Tyger ground. And only because she refuses to chew anything. I am actually thinking it's time for a vet checkup because I have a feeling this is either due to her pickiness or she is having issues with pain in her teeth. Sabre eats whole raw, though he does manage to sneak into Tygers food now and then too. Our dog is also on whole raw meals, and the only time I feed ground to those two is if I find ground turkey or beef for $1 a lb. I definitely feel that whole is better. But for those who have cats that refuse to chew its definitely a large step up from kibble to just feed ground.
[notify]

» There has since been 20 posts. Last posting by Shade, Jan 16 5:05 am

Raw Food Diet > SUCCESS!!

Tyger

Purred: Thu Dec 31, '09 9:39am PST 
Well I've had our dog Maya on raw now for a year and a half. Sabre(7 month old kitten) started raw when we first got home at 10 weeks. They are both on prey model and eat whole meals with gusto. Tyger however I have been trying raw on for awhile. Tried giving her ground turkey and other meats, tried mixing catnip in. She would nibble at it then walk away uninterested for months. Well last week I was at a locel pet store, and I picked up some premade. I had never been able to find it at any of the other petstores so I was very excited. It's Natures Variety(turkey/chicken). Come to find out it is actually cheaper to feed that then it was for her canned food(wellness,the only kind she would eat)! At first she wouldn't touch it, but within a couple of days she is eating with gusto!! I am soo excited! Now I can finally say I only feed raw! w00t!! kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Tanner, Jan 3 9:13 pm

Kitten Corner > My kitten will not touch wet food.....

Tyger

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 1:16pm PST 
When I switched Tyger over to canned I went to the petstore and bought cans of so many brands I can't even remember how many cans I bought. The ONLY ones that she would touch were the wellness formulas. And to this day she still will not touch any other brand of canned food but will eat ANY of the wellness formulas...weird cat.. mol.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Luigi, Dec 22 6:26 pm

Raw Food Diet > Grinder

Tyger

Purred: Mon Nov 16, '09 12:01pm PST 
I have been considering (for quite some time) getting a grinder to grind meat and bone. But I have no idea where to start. What one would work better than another. Or whether a regular meat grinder could handle small bones like cornish game hen, fish, or rabbit? Does anyone have any advice for me? Sabre is already on raw because he will eat bone but Tyger isn't and I've been wanting to switch her diet around for awhile now, as she is on kibble and I cant afford to pay for canned. But I can afford raw since I have a lot of sources and feed both our dog Maya raw and our kitten Sabre for much cheaper than paying for a bag of kibble.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Saffy, Nov 25 4:42 am

Cat Health > My view on the declawing of cats.
Tyger

Purred: Thu Oct 8, '09 12:16am PST 
I see what your trying to say. Though I agree with others that there is a huge difference between spaying/neutering and declawing. I mean technically you know even some two leggers are "fixed" !!

But yes I agree in some cases a cat would be better off going to a good home and getting declawed than ending up somewhere worse. I think in the cases of cats who desperately need homes, the ones adopting out should make exceptions. But it's a lot more complicated than that. The reason there are rules like that at some places is because they are trying to discourage people from declawing. I don't have much else to say except that the only reason people didn't "get" your post is because you compared declawing to nuetering without doing proper research.
[notify]

» There has since been 24 posts. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Oct 10 4:59 pm

Behavior & Training > getting urine smell out of cushion?

Tyger

Purred: Thu Jul 16, '09 2:54pm PST 
Oh thank you so much!! I dont care how much work it is, I was considering completely unstuffing it washing the cover in the washing machine and then restuffing it. It would have been SO much work. lol! That was very helpful thanks smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Tyger, Jul 16 2:54 pm

Laws & Legislation > update on the teen accused of baking kitten

Tyger

Purred: Thu Jul 16, '09 8:00am PST 
Thats a ridiculous sentence. People who do things like this have something seriously wrong in their head. If shes willing to do this to a cat what is she willing to do to a human being? And not allowed to owna pet for only 3 years? Someone like this should never be aloud to own a pet..
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Jul 18 4:43 pm

Behavior & Training > getting urine smell out of cushion?

Tyger

Purred: Thu Jul 16, '09 7:53am PST 
Well a while back things got busy and I accidently let Tygers box get a little to full for her liking and she ended up peeing on one of our chairs. Her box wasnt even that full, but she is a picky cat, mol. Now she keeps peeing on the same spot on that chair. Its one of those round chairs with one big roung pillow like cushion on it. Id like to keep it but am starting to consider paying the extra money to get a new cushion but first I wanted to try anything I could to get the smell out. Any tips? I used some spray thats supposed to get rid of the smell but it hasnt seemed to work well I think because the urine smell is in the cushion. Any ideas of something else I could use that might work better?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Tyger, Jul 16 2:54 pm

Kitten Corner > Question about male and female
Tyger

Purred: Thu Jul 9, '09 7:44am PST 
Tyger isnt fixed yet. Everytime we have the money for it, it ends up being used for something else but I am planning on getting her fixed we just wont have money for it right away. We are bringing in a male kitten. How long before we HAVE to get one of them fixed? They are both going to be fixed but I need to know the latest, just so I know. I dont want the boy to start spraying before we get him fixed. At least one of them will be fixed within the first month, but I just want to make sure thats ok and whether we will have any issues with that?
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hobert von Kingston III, Jul 9 9:47 am

(Page 1 of 8: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.