Postings by Bandit

GO!

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Where to order online?
Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Tue Apr 26, '11 9:15am PST 
Another one to check out is

www.onlynaturalpet.com
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Patch, Apr 26 10:32 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Any Felive FIV+ Resucers in or near central Illinois?
Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Mon Apr 26, '10 9:21am PST 
We have an adorably friendly big orange & white male that was abandoned after his family's home burned. The people moved away, but left this poor cat to fend for himself. Some neighbor's and I have been feeding him and I thought I would try to incorporate him into our fold of 5 cats, so I took him to my vet for a check up and his test was positive for FIV, negative for FeLV.
My vet didn't think it would be a good idea for us to keep him due to one of my cats is diabetic and another one has chronic allergy issues. Also in all fairness to ourselves and my other cats our financial situation is already very strained and I don't feel we could handle more vet bills for the proper care of this cat.

Before I try to find a shelter for him, I would love to be able to place him in a loving home with someone that loves and understand cats and that FIV is not a death sentence, but he may just need a bit more care than other cats. We have seen remarkable improvement in him just since I have been feeding him a proper and steady diet of quality canned food. But I fear for him roaming around and going into that old burned out house for shelter having to fight off possibly rats, raccoons or even other cats that may be around.

If anyone knows of anyone that would be interested in taking a very friendly FIV+ cat, we would even be willing to help with some initial vet bills to get him neutered and ready for your home. Please send me a message if you have any information or help for us.

Bandit and family
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ava 4 ever Mommy's Angel, Apr 27 7:31 pm

Cat Health > He is getting worse.....an update

Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 5:40pm PST 
little angelFly Free Sweet Oscarlittle angel

To Oscars mom, May the memories you have of Oscar bring you comfort in knowing that you gave him a home and love. You were his angel.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Shade, Dec 23 3:50 am

Cat Health > What Is Wrong With a Cat That Is Throwing Up Daily?

Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Tue Dec 22, '09 2:28pm PST 
What kind of food have you been feeding? That is the first place to start.
It might be an intolerance for some ingredient in her food.
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by P.C., Dec 30 11:26 pm

Food & Nutrition > Transitioning to Adult Formula?

Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Mon May 11, '09 1:21pm PST 
Wellness Core is a whole life food, so I think you'd be fine to start slowly switching him over now and get him off Science Diet.

Core is a grain free food and high in protein. Complete Health is also a good food, but has grains like rice and barely in it and is more appropriate for adult cats.

Personally, I would start the transition to Core now, but I would also feed at least one meal a day of a quality canned food like Wellness too.
It will help keep Xerxes hydrated which is ultra important since his skin is more exposed than cats with thicker coats. Plus there are numerous other benefits from feeding cats a canned food diet.

If you'd like to read more on this issue take a look at www.catinfo.org

Xerxes, you are one cutie!
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Meow in Loving Memory, May 16 12:35 am

Food & Nutrition > Is my food okay?Curious!
Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Wed Apr 1, '09 2:15pm PST 
"Just make sure that if you do feed raw to cook all your food."

Ummm, maybe I'm missing something here, but isn't the idea of feeding raw food to avoid losing nutrients through cooking? If it's cooked, it's not raw.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Hazel Lucy, Charles Dorney, Ma, Apr 8 3:52 am

Food & Nutrition > Purina Friskies

Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Thu Mar 26, '09 8:44pm PST 
Here's a good article worth reading...

Pet Food Myths
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sylvester, Mar 26 9:40 pm

Food & Nutrition > HYPOALLERGENIC HP 23 ROYAL CANIN

Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Wed Mar 25, '09 8:59pm PST 
I tried to find the ingredients in that Royal Canin food, but I didn't see it on their web page. If it has ingredients like other varieties of RC food, it won't be very good. Their foods usually contain too many grains.

Have you thought about trying California Natural? It is a good quality food and has single ingredient protein sources for cats with allergies or sensitive tummies.

Take a look at the ri web page and see what you think.
http://www.californianaturalpet.com/products/default.asp?id= 72
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Little Boy Blue PAWS, Mar 27 9:33 am

Food & Nutrition > Purina Friskies

Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Wed Mar 25, '09 8:49pm PST 
I have to tell you that Royal Canin is not a very good food. Just take a look at the ingredients and you can see for yourself that it's not what a cat wants to eat.
Chicken meal, brown rice, corn gluten meal, corn, chicken fat, chicken, dried egg product, natural chicken flavor, wheat gluten...
There's too many grain products in it. Cats are strict carnivores and need meat as their primary source of protein.

Also Hill's Science Diet is not a very good food. Take a look at their ingredients too.
Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal... a lot of corn products. Not good for us felines.

You will be much better off feeding a whole life stage food like Wellness or EVO. Then you could feed all the cats the same food and that would make things easier for you too. You definitely want to feed canned food to them each day, and limit the dry to just a few kibbles as a treat or snack.

Take a quick look at this website and you'll have all the info you need to make healthy food choices for your kitties.

www.catinfo.org
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Sylvester, Mar 26 9:40 pm

Food & Nutrition > Good Kitten food for a baby?
Bandit

Talk to Me

Purred: Wed Mar 25, '09 8:46pm PST 
I have to tell you that Royal Canin is not a very good food. Just take a look at the ingredients and you can see for yourself that it's not what a cat wants to eat.
Chicken meal, brown rice, corn gluten meal, corn, chicken fat, chicken, dried egg product, natural chicken flavor, wheat gluten...
There's too many grain products in it. Cats are strict carnivores and need meat as their primary source of protein.

Also Hill's Science Diet is not a very good food. Take a look at their ingredients too.
Chicken By-Product Meal, Ground Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal... a lot of corn products. Not good for us felines.

You will be much better off feeding a whole life stage food like Wellness or EVO. Then you could feed all the cats the same food and that would make things easier for you too. You definitely want to feed canned food to them each day, and limit the dry to just a few kibbles as a treat or snack.

Take a quick look at this website and you'll have all the info you need to make healthy food choices for your kitties.

www.catinfo.org
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Mar 26 9:40 am

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.