GO!

Behavior & Training > this is losing its charm...kitten is stalking my eyeball

Lila

Princess Lila

Purred: Wed Jan 30, '08 3:15am PST 
Hi, We had a simular problam with Lila when she was around the same age. I think it started because we would encourage play in the bed (as she was so cute). Then she would see any moving object as a play toy for her (feet, hands, eyes!).
So we now have completly banned playing from the bed. We try to get her tired before we go to bed (daddy has a funny football game that he plays with her).
If she would try to pounce on our faces, we would say 'no' in a strun voice, and slowly move her away.
I think the key is to completly seperate bed time from play time.
It seems to have worked, she is nearly 6 months now, and although she does run aound the house while we are in bed, when she comes into the bedroom, she purrs loudly and asked to go under the covers to cuddle up next to me.
Hope this helps, sorry it's a bit vague.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Jan 31 4:26 am

Behavior & Training > My New Balcony
Lila

Princess Lila

Purred: Sun Jan 27, '08 4:20am PST 
Mummy, Daddy and I are moving into a lovely new apartment where I will have much more room to play in. The only problem is that its on the 5th floor and has a balocony. The balcony has iron railing and I know I wont jump off but what if i try to jump on tp the top and fall. Do you live or have any friends that live in an apartment with a balcony? Will I be safe?
Thankyou, Lilakitty
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by , Jan 28 9:50 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Choosing a companion

Lila

Princess Lila

Purred: Thu Jan 24, '08 1:02pm PST 
Hello, We have a lovely 6 month old kitted called Lila that we rescued from a shelter at 3 months. We both work all day and have decided to get her a companion. What age and gender should we get to maximise the chances of them becoming great friends.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jan 24 6:20 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.