Postings by Brown Boots

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Cats & Travel > A Rant
Brown Boots

Claw Sharpener- Extraordinaire

Purred: Thu Jan 8, '09 7:10pm PST 
I'm sorry that the employee was rude to you.

But taking up someone else's carry on space or legroom space for your cat is not fair to the person who paid for their seat. That is why they make you pay for the second seat if you want two carriers. Cramming two cats in one carrier that fits under a seat is probably not allowed by the airline, and you would have to have very small cats for it to work at all.

Is it possible for the cats to go in the cargo area? The Alaska plan might be too small to have an appropriate pressurized/oxygenated cargo section for animals,but if it's available it looks like your only choice. Montana to Washington shouldn't be a very long flight.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Whiskey, Jan 10 4:19 pm

Cat Health > College Kitty
Brown Boots

Purred: Thu Nov 6, '08 10:10am PST 
Meowmy had a kitty when she was little. When she went off to college, the kitty did cry for a few days then was fine.

When she came home for break, the kitty was very glad to see her. He never forgot who she was- it was like old friends seeing each other again.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brown Boots, Nov 6 10:10 am

Cat Health > Congenital Heart Problems

Brown Boots

Purred: Sun Sep 21, '08 5:56pm PST 
Your meowmy is a very good person for considering taking in this needy kitty. It's also great that she works for a vet because this kitty will need a lot of help!

Be very careful and consult with the vet about anything given to this kitty. Sometimes adding extra nutrients will throw the fluid balance in the body off and heart failure can result. Human beings with heart issues have to do the very same thing, and consult with their doc before adding new foods or supplements to their diet.

A kitty cardiologist may be needed to work with the regular vet about what the diagnosis is and what the treatment plan should be.

PURRS for the little kitty.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Brown Boots, Sep 21 5:56 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Tyson needs a new home since the baby arrived, baby\'s allergic...

Brown Boots

Purred: Sun Sep 14, '08 4:38pm PST 
Why does the child have to suffer just so the owners can keep their cat?

Guess my meowmy has spent too many nights taking care of kids in the hospital because the owners refuse to rehome the cat (or dog, any dander producing animal can be inserted here).

Meowmy has had to call CPS over cases like this. The problem was so bad at one famous kid's hospital Meowmy worked at the policy was as follows...
(meowmy takes over here)

For the first hospitalization due to animal allergy, the family is told to rehome the animal immediately. If the child is admitted again, CPS is called. The social worker needs to go get the animal themselves, and will take it to the first open shelter they can find. Rescues are tried first, but animal control will be used if there are no spaces. The family needs to appear in front of a judge to regain legal custody of the child once the animal is gone. Families lose the right to rehome the animal themselves, because they have let the child become ill when they were told what they needed to do and they didn't do it. This was not taken lightly and was only done because a family has been choosing the animal over their child. Allergy tests are done to prove the animal allergy.

The child pulmonogists at this hospital did an internal study and found the following...

Every time a child needs to visit the hospital (ER or inpatient) for allergy issues, their chances of needing another hospitalization vastly increase. As you need more hospitalizations, your chance of needing a ventilator increases. A child that needs to be put on a ventilator for asthma stands a 90 percent chance of surviving. If you are intubated once, you only have an 80 percent chance the second time. Almost nobody survives more than 9 intubations for allergy/asthma.

If Hepa filters, bathing the animal regularly, and keeping it out of the child's room doesn't control the allergy some kids will progress to asthma. Keeping the animal around in hopes that the kid won't progress in problems is playing Russian Roulette with the child's health.

Some people will use allergies as an excuse to not keep an animal, of course- boo to them. But telling someone that allergies are just sniffles, and that they should stuff their kids full of drugs is irresponsible. The best way to control an allergy is to not expose the child to what causes the allergy! I guess that makes meowmy mean, and she probably won't be welcome here anymore after this, but it's the truth.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Mush Mush, Sep 16 3:19 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > What was your Pre-Adoption name?

Brown Boots

Purred: Thu Feb 21, '08 11:13am PST 
Mine was Brown Boots.

Meowmy and PawPaw liked my name and kept it because I will come to Brown Boots or Bootsie.
[notify]

» There has since been 112 posts. Last posting by Sebastian, Aug 24 1:08 pm

Grooming > Mats and poop
Brown Boots

Purred: Fri Feb 1, '08 12:35pm PST 
Some long haired kitties get a "sanitary cut" where a groomer or someone else cuts the fluffy butt fur so that it won't trap the poo. My Meowmy's friend gets this done for her Ragdoll cats and it works.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Lola, Mar 31 6:55 am

Cat Health > how do i put on an elizabethian collar?

Brown Boots

Purred: Fri Feb 1, '08 6:15am PST 
Your Meowmy or PawPaw should put it on just hard enough so that you cannot slip a paw between the collar and your neck.

There is a picture of me wearing an E collar made out of a paper plate on my page. I fussed for a minute but I ignored it after that. Meowmy had to leave it on the three days I had daily IV treatments at the vet or else I would rip out my IV catheter.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by coco, Feb 1 7:50 am

New to Catster/Tips & Tricks > Please add us:

Brown Boots

Purred: Thu Jan 24, '08 4:35am PST 
Chirrup

Welcome Ben and his family

I love to make furrendshug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Feb 4 9:43 am

Kitten Corner > my first day on here..am i handsome or what?

Brown Boots

Purred: Thu Jan 24, '08 3:59am PST 
I thought Wrinkles when I saw you

maybe Ripple

or PeachFuzz

kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by , Feb 22 5:20 pm

Cat Health > Ringworm= euthanasia?????
Brown Boots

Purred: Thu Jan 24, '08 3:45am PST 
MEOW HISS PFFFT at the vet that would euthanize them.

I hope the kitties find a place to recover
[notify]

» There has since been 16 posts. Last posting by Sweetie, Jan 31 11:53 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.