Postings by kaya skye

GO!

(Page 1 of 198: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
kaya skye

not fighting my- demons-we joined- forces

Purred: Thu Oct 11, '12 12:12pm PST 
hello, all. look at kaya's new profile pic! then look at her page and the second pic from the top! i just realized when i put that up...she's better. she's all the way back from whatever toxin she ingested that had her so sick last spring. it took a year and a half, but...it took seeing the pictures together on the page for me to see it. it's been so gradual.

i cried. i actually cried.
[notify]

» There has since been 42.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > a POTP of thanksgiving?
kaya skye

Purred: Thu Oct 11, '12 12:05pm PST 
take a look at my profile pic. then go to my page, and look at the next picture down...not the videos, the second picture. that was me spring of last year. it's taken a year and a half, but i'm back to me. mom just noticed that when she posted that pic. mom is crying. silly mom. shrug
rainbow rainbows are nice. but i'll stick around and look at them from here, i think. rainbow
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jack, Oct 11 4:33 pm

kaya skye

Purred: Tue May 1, '12 6:55pm PST 
so sorry, Faye...i've had my head somewhere very dark and private, and am just finding this out. just now starting to crawl out of my own cave, now that April 30 has passed...if that doesn't make sense, don't worry.
[notify]

» There has since been 97.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

kaya skye

Purred: Mon Apr 16, '12 7:46pm PST 
meditate i believe in PEACE dog meditate
[notify]

» There has since been 107.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Behavior & Training > "Cat Whisperer"-anywhere in the Great Lakes?

kaya skye

Purred: Sun Jan 15, '12 6:50pm PST 
ok, maybe I wasn't clear here...no change in this behavior will mean a blind person loses her home. can we get some help, please?
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by shyloh paige, Jan 17 11:56 pm

kaya skye

Purred: Thu Dec 29, '11 11:12am PST 
I like clothes! I like to look at myself in the glass patio door when I have new clothes-mom says it always gives her a flash to the Petco commercial: "your pet knows when it looks good."

it started as a desperation ploy when I had psychogenic alopecia-fur is covered, fur cannot be yanked out. and it was getting close to fall, and I was bald...as it turned out, not only did clothing keep me warmer, it seemed to make me calmer. meditate

we DID finally get to play with the toys-and we got MORE toys! everybody got us toys! mom got us toys, Aunt Melinda got us toys, and Andrea got us toys. Andrea got us the most interesting toy-she got the idea from something mom got her human nephew for Christmas. (Andrea's human nephew...mom has no nephews or nieces, so spends money on Andrea's instead.) this toy is my new little friend. its' name is Zhu Zhu. the box says it's a hamster, but it's my kitten. what else CAN it be? it squeals and chirps and moves around on its' own, and has no fear when i pick it up and carry it around...it's my Zhu Zhu kitten!

(mom's note: they're supposed to be hamsters, but it's sort of ambiguous. different hamsters make different sounds. this one doesn't exactly meow, but I completely get why the cats are treating it more like a kitten than prey, and why Kaya as alpha and she-who-mothers everycat who passes through has adopted Zhu Zhu. she's protective of the little mechanical hamster, to the point that she intervenes if the other two play too rough with the 'kitten'...big laugh )
[notify]

» There has since been 169.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

kaya skye

Purred: Sun Dec 25, '11 8:23pm PST 
Delyte:
I do not know what to say, except that I am very, very glad that you are here, now, THIS Christmas. I hope you had some turkey. I hope you aren't feeling too badly. I hope you are comfortable, and warm, and I hope you and the Grays AND your person know that you are all very loved.
hugcat on moonhug
[notify]

» There has since been 177.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

kaya skye

Purred: Wed Dec 21, '11 8:23pm PST 
I finally got a prescription for new glasses turns out I've been walking around as a functionally legally blind person-since I'm not wearing any corrective lenses. And I won't be able to AFFORD those corrective lenses for a couple of months. big laugh
yes, I think that's hilarious. no, I don't think it's hilarious that Medicaid stopped paying for glasses in Michigan. neither does my ophthalmologist: "They let us prescribe them, but not provide them. This does not make sense." Nor do I find migraines amusing, and I know the eyestrain is causing more migraines. But think about it.

I came to Michigan because I met Melinda, who is blind, online. I moved in with her and her roommate, Andrea, who is legally blind. Melinda moved out, but I still live with Andrea...now I am functionally legally blind, until I can get glasses-and no idea how long glasses will keep me defined as "sighted," I'm already past the point that my vision can be corrected to 20/20.

hamster dancehamster dancehamster dance
(again, there are no mousie emoticons, so...put little imaginary sunglasses on the dancing hamsters, and insert a psychotic farmwife wielding a cleaver...shock )

Instead of a tree this year, we took advantage of the fact that we have stairs and did a winding garland and lights, with bells and snowmen. it's tasteful, it's bright-and it's well-anchored. laugh out loud it's also centrally located. it's the first thing that guests see when they come in, and it's right off of Andrea's bedroom and the den. Jadyn, of course, thinks we did it all for her. She is the Christmas Cat. Rather odd, since she was born closer to Easter...shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 180.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

kaya skye

Purred: Sat Dec 10, '11 4:52pm PST 
i think we finally have our permanent Michigan winter coat...won't see the yard again until late march or early april. actually works well for me, since i'm night-blind...snow is reflective!dancing it also tends to make the sky look some seriously interesting colors at night, when there's cloud cover and wind. anybody else noticed that?

my (human) mother keeps forgetting to fill her cat's litterbox back up. luckily for poor Rex, who otherwise would be crossing his legs, they have indoor grass mats for the Yorkie, Charlie. Charlie just thinks they're cool places to take a nap, but Rex has figured out what else they're good for. laugh out loudthis makes me wonder what else she's forgetting-medications, for example-but i'm hundreds of miles away, and probably couldn't do much of anything even if i were right there.

glad everyone seems reasonably well. i'll try to keep up better. seriously. i've just been sucked into a vortex of late...
[notify]

» There has since been 186.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

kaya skye

Purred: Thu Nov 24, '11 10:07am PST 
it was one of those michigan dawns that i couldn't tell from twilight...and my vision has degraded to the point that i can't tell a.m. from p.m. on my phone...imagine reading that sentence a few years ago...so i got up wondering if i'd slept through thanksgiving only to find it had just started.
um. yay?

pretty much a non-event for us this year. we're cooking steaks tonight, for just us. the cats have some special cans for tonight. i've already argued with my mother. pretty much the usual routine.
[notify]

» There has since been 226.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

(Page 1 of 198: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.