Postings by Queenie

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Cat Health > Seeking some Guidance/Support
Queenie

I want it and I- WILL get it!

Purred: Mon Apr 14, '14 1:00pm PST 
It's Queenie. Our person has a sort of related problem. We live in a trailer, and at one time there were 4 of us. She never meant to have 4--we are only allowed to have 2--but she adopted me and my brother, Fluff, because our momcat died and it was Nov. No one would help her get us adopted until the spring and we were "too old" by then. Our oldest cat sib died last year, and it is the two of us and Stella, our older sister who was meant to be the only new cat. We don't all get along and Stella wants this to be a one cat house!

There is at least one no-kill shelter around here, but not much market for adult cats who are very ordinary looking. Our person is attached to all of us in her own way, but Fluff and I would be better off in a bigger house, and where we would get more attention.

At least if you give yours to your mother you would see them frequently. Our person has given up two cats in her life, and one was with her mother who adored the cat and she got to see him throughout his life when she visited there. Giving the other one to strangers was very hard and she still feels very guilty about that and it was nearly 30 years ago.

So you see there are people who have the same problems but haven't been able to solve them either. Not much help ... frown
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ~Purrcy ~ Meohmy, Apr 14 3:13 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > Cat for a wheelchair user...
Queenie

Purred: Sat Mar 15, '14 7:56pm PST 
It's Queenie. Your person is lucky, Sundance. We have always tried to get out the door and last Nov. we did it, me and my bro Fluff. We ran off into the field behind the house and stayed outside for 4 days (me) and 10 days (Fluff) until we were lured into a trap with tuna fish and taken inside, spitting and squalling. Our person nearly expired from worry and she is still mad at us. Good thing we came inside as this has been one of the worst winters in our lifetime and the icy cold stuff would have been dreadful. And the coyotes also in the field ... shock
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queenie, Mar 15 7:56 pm

Cat Health > Nursing mom and spaying

Queenie

Purred: Mon Dec 2, '13 9:32pm PST 
It's Queenie. Little Bear is a VERY attentive momcat! Ours cut us off after about 5 weeks and she disappeared when we were about ten weeks old. We don't have much experience with that, but none of the cats our person or her family had were nursed that long. It's probably good for them, and we can't think of a way to stop her. A sad quandary, for sure. Good luck with that!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Queenie, Dec 2 9:32 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > "Cat rookie" family rescued a kitty - lots of questions

Queenie

Purred: Sun Dec 1, '13 10:46am PST 
It's Queenie. Oh, yeah, the e-collar is a major downer for kitties. Can't tell what she is like unless that is off. The collar is worse than any pain from the operation! She will bounce back when that comes off for good.

Our person always thought that cat beds were a waste of money, as her cats were allowed to sleep on beds and furniture, but when she got one for the first time we all loved it. At one point we each had our own--or let us say, there were 4 cats and 4 beds but it was not always the same cat sleeping in each bed! The heated cat bed that she got for old, achy Delyte was also a big favorite, but you don't need one for a young cat.

Giant purrs to you and enjoy your new kitty! Hope to see some pictures soon? welcome
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Snowflake, Dec 6 8:33 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > "Cat rookie" family rescued a kitty - lots of questions

Queenie

Purred: Sat Nov 30, '13 1:12pm PST 
It's Queenie. You are so lucky that she is happy being inside. Our person found that these feral kittens still wanted to go out even after 6 years indoors.

Did the vet give her a clean bill of health? Reasons for being sedentary might be that she has worms and is weakened by them, or that she has some other kind of disease. All of our cats were so wild a day or so after they were spayed that we worried about them tearing their stitches.

Some things that you can do for your cat: A nice high cat tree by a window is an all-time favorite cat activity. Cats love windows and any perch where they can look out a window is a big favorite. Does she have a nice bed of her own, since she can't sleep with you? Different cats like different toys, so you will have to experiment to see which one she likes. We are all partial to scooting some little thing over the linoleum floor. Right now it is an acorn that bounced in from outside, but we also like bread ties, plastic strips and actual cat toys. Some cats like dangling things. You should get her a nice scratching post, and some come with dangling things that stick out of the top.

If she doesn't chase a ribbon or piece of string that you pull along the floor or dangle over her head, I would wonder about her health. It may just be taking her a long time to recover from being so thin and scared outside.

Good luck! Hope the allergies stay away and that you have a wonderful time with your new kitty!

PS The best toy for a kitty is another kitty, but that might be too much for your allergic person.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Snowflake, Dec 6 8:33 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Yazmin is gone but Misty grieves
Queenie

Purred: Tue Nov 26, '13 8:36pm PST 
It's Queenie. Poor Misty! I used to sleep with Delyte especially in the winter time, and I always laid on top of him. He didn't seem to mind, and I like to think I was keeping him warm. He has been gone since June and I am missing him. I didn't seem to notice that he was gone immediately, but wish he was here now. He was the top cat and kept all these others in order!

It may sound extreme, but another cat, especially a gentle adult cat, might help console Misty. Not a rambunctious young kitten, perhaps, but a nice boy cat. They get along better with older female cats.

Saddest purrs to you all on your loss. hug
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Nov 30 7:14 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?

Queenie

Purred: Sun Nov 24, '13 9:25am PST 
It's Queenie and Fluff. We are both back to our Fake Cats friends! I got caught in the humane trap after being out only four days, but we had to wait ten days for Fluff to get caught. We were both spending most of our time under our own trailer, where it is reasonably warm and dry. Still, what a waste of our time running outside to do that. There were a couple of nights that it was bitterly cold, and last Sunday there was a terrible storm with rain that came horizontally.

We are now enjoy the warmth and the cat food and being cuddled. Thanks to everyone who purred for us--we heard you! wave
[notify]

» There has since been -8.1999999999998 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Get Well Soon > The New Home of Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Queenie

Purred: Wed Nov 20, '13 7:41am PST 
It's Queenie. Could we have a bunch of purrs for my brother Fluff? He has been lethargic and feverish since he was caught yesterday and is limping and has a few gashes and a lost claw. The male person just took him off to the vet where they will try and see him between appts today. We hope he won't have to be admitted--that would be a terrible homecoming for him, as we all hate being there with all of the dogs barking.

Could you also purr for another kitty that we don't know? Our person received a phone call from a man who had found a severely injured gray-and-white cat out by the road here that had probably been hit by a car. Neither of us know who this cat's family is, and it sounds as if he will die from his injuries. This is what was driving my person frantic with worry for the past ten days while we were gone, and the nightmare of every cat person.

Now that I saw him go off in the carrier, I miss Fluff terribly! cry
[notify]

» There has since been 121 posts. Last posting by Paisley, Aug 9 1:46 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Queenie found, but terribly changed

Queenie

Purred: Wed Nov 20, '13 7:33am PST 
It's Queenie. Fluff just went to the vet. He was lethargic this morning and still feels hot to the touch, plus now he is limping on his right leg. He's also missing a claw and has a gash over his left eye. They don't have any appts today but they said they would have a vet look at him between appts and see if he needs to be admitted. We hope not--that would be a terrible experience for him after he just came home. He has been hiding behind the couch most of the time since they got him out from behind the washer.

Stella and I are still hissing at him and being mean. Although now that I just saw him go out the door in the cat carrier, I am very upset. Please everyone purr for him that he did not get some fatal disease. He was not up to date on his shots.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Nov 20 10:01 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Queenie found, but terribly changed
Queenie

Purred: Tue Nov 19, '13 7:44pm PST 
It's Queenie. Fluff is back!!!!!!!!!!!! dancing

They caught him the awful trap last night and brought him in at noon. They took him in the bathroom like they did me, because it is the only room with a door that closes. So immediately he went down behind the washer and could not get out again! They had to move the washer to get him and both of my people are sore from the effort. But he only allowed her to hold him for a while and then went and hid under the sofa where he has been for hours. He is thinner and our person said he felt as if he was hot to the touch. She wants to take him to the vet tomorrow, but they don't have any appointments. Plus they will have to get him out from under the sofa again.

Stella and I were scared by all the ruckus, but now we are totally ignoring him and the sofa where he is hiding. My person thinks that it's sad that he and I were together since the womb and now it's like we don't know each other. Cats have strange relationships, that's for sure. thinking

Thanks to all who purred for us and gave us so many nice presents! wave
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Nov 20 10:01 pm

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.