Postings by Church

GO!

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Cat Health > Cat acting worse after force feeding
Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Sun Jul 7, '13 1:00am PST 
Is he on any medication for appetite or anti-nausea?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Church, Jul 7 1:00 am

Cat Health > Persistant and worrisome stool problems
Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Wed Feb 20, '13 12:04pm PST 
If you suspect allergies, which sound like a possibility, I would suggest a grain free food with less ingredients and a maybe try a protein source she hasn't had before. The NB limited diets are an option, some others I've seen are Evanger's Beef and rabbit, Instinct has two limited ingredient formulas and if fish is not a problem several brands make fish based foods.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cleo, Mar 13 7:11 am

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > one of the best cat lover anime ever

Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Sat Dec 1, '12 12:04am PST 
Yeah I'm going to look that one up too. Have you seen The Cat Returns?
I also found an anime about a kitten, called Chi's Sweet Home, but I haven't watched it yet.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Church, Dec 1 12:04 am

Cat Health > I have feline herpes, it safe for me to visit the groomers?

Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Fri Nov 16, '12 10:01pm PST 
Also wanted to add that a trip to the groomers could cause extra stress which could cause a flare-up... Another thing to consider.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Mac's Cat , Dec 27 9:24 pm

Behavior & Training > For those of you who have had their cats since they were kittens...

Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Sun Sep 2, '12 4:40pm PST 
I've had 6 cats since kittens. Church and Roxy grew up together from kittens, and I have 4 who were littermates. All of them similarly when they grew up, didn't like to play as much or like to cuddle as much as when they were kittens. They also no longer play with each other really anymore.

The 4 who were littermates no longer like to share, when they were kittens they would all climb on me at once and cuddle, and would sleep together in a pile when they were younger but now they don't want to share my lap at the same time and usually don't sleep next to each other either.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Sep 15 9:37 pm

Food & Nutrition > Do you have a Pets Supplies Plus Preferred Pet Club card?
Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Mon Aug 13, '12 9:13pm PST 
Hey do you know, if I printed out two copies of the coupon and gave one to my sister, would we both be able to use them? We both have PSP cards.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Cookie, Aug 13 9:37 pm

Choosing the Right Cat > how i chose my cats

Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Sun Jun 3, '12 4:14pm PST 
Except Roxy, my current cats were feral rescues so they pretty much all chose me...
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Cleveland, Jun 24 1:12 pm

Behavior & Training > Is it a good idea to take cat in garden on harness or keep her in?

Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Mon May 28, '12 12:10pm PST 
Well, after I started taking Church out in the garden on a harness, he WAS more interested in the outdoors and in door leading outside. However he enjoyed going out on leash so much I still took him anyway.
He did escape out a door once but when I called him he came back thank goodness!
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by ZACK, May 29 10:14 pm

Behavior & Training > Dog Move to Chicago, meeting and living with two cats!

Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Thu Apr 19, '12 7:56pm PST 
I would not recommend boarding or sending your cats away, this will likely be much harder and more stressful on them than adding a dog to the apartment. If you can't have them together in the apartment I would be more likely to board or have someone watch the dog rather than the cats until you move...

To introduce new cats/dogs to each other usually the best way is to start with them in separate rooms. Once they are comfortable with the sounds and smell of each other through the door, you can try switching to using a baby/pet gate instead of a door between them so they can see each other but don't feel overwhelmed. When they're comfortable like that you can try bringing them into the same room carefully. I would do this by having the cat in a comfortable place up off the ground so they don't feel cornered, such as on the couch, and have the dog in a crate or on leash across the room at first so they can get used to each other without having any chance of the dog chasing the cat or running up and scaring the cat. I've done this by having my cat on a leash and harness also, but my cat was already comfortable wearing a leash/harness and was not the type to flee away, so I would not recommend that unless your cat is used to a harness and is not the type to make a mad dash.
I've actually done this the other way around before, with the cat in a crate and the dog on a leash instead but only because my cat was comfortable in the crate and I made sure the dog did not get too close and scare the cat...

If you search online you can also find a lot of info on introducing new dogs and cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Church, Apr 19 7:56 pm

Catster Railroad > Dogless in Chicago - For now.... Looking for a temporary place to stay in chicago -Please HELP!
Church

I'm a model!

Purred: Thu Apr 19, '12 6:01pm PST 
It might be better to see if the dog can stay with someone else... thinking
Dogs are generally better at acclimating to a new environment than cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by ZOEY, Apr 22 10:53 pm

(Page 1 of 21: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.