Postings by Minuette

GO!

Tonkinese > Siamese, Tonkinese or Burmese

Minuette

Let Your Frisky- Flag Fly

Purred: Sun Jul 15, '12 4:13pm PST 
All three breeds are known to be affectionate and people oriented. If you really want a ca that's devoted to you and no-one else (Burmese and Tonks generally are friendly to anybody) I would choose Siamese, as they tend to bond more with one person and be a little aloof to any others.
I personally love Tonks: the reason I got them is that I really wanted a cat who would be affectionate and like to be held. That turned out to be an excellent decision for me, as they love to be cuddled and held, and are highly affectionate. What I like about Tonks is that they have a little of Burmese and Siamese: they have the love of people that Burmese have, plus the do have a little favoritism like Siamese (I have two, and one decided I was her human, and they other one chose my mother.)
At any rate, all three would probably meet your cuddling needs, but it's up to you which sounds like the best.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Minuette, Jul 15 4:13 pm

Tonkinese > help identifing a tonk
Minuette

Purred: Mon May 28, '12 9:30pm PST 
Actually, in looking at your photos I'd say you look very much like the Snowshoe breed. The Snowshoe breed is a cross between American Shorthair and Siamese that can look very much like a Siamese, but has trademark white paws. Look at some of the photos of Snowshoes under Cat Breeds on this site to see if this fits.

Minnie
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Minuette, May 28 9:30 pm

Tonkinese > Breeders

Minuette

Purred: Mon Jan 4, '10 6:33pm PST 
I wanted to go to a local breeder, so I looked for some on the Cat Fanciers of America web site. The two local ones I found I visited in person ahead of time, both so I could see the health and personality of the kitties and let the breeder get to know me to show that I'd make a good Tonk parent. Both of the ones I visited--Tonkdejur and Angelsheart Tonkinese--were wonderful, and I am absolutely smitten by the Tonks I bought.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Ukko, Apr 25 11:19 am

Tonkinese > Questions About Tonks

Minuette

Purred: Mon Jan 4, '10 6:19pm PST 
Food-wise, I don't think there's such a thing as "normal" when it comes to Tonks. Both of my Tonks refuse to eat any human food, and won't even eat any of the kitty treats you can buy. Apparently their mother was that way too, so it could be genetic, although it could also be environmental, as the only food they seem to want is what they were raised on. This is one good reason to keep in touch with your breeder, as they often have more insight into your Tonk's habits.
As for travel, have you tried getting a slightly larger crate? That's the only thing I can think of, as I wouldn't let them loose on the backseat unless someone was also back there supervising. Fortunately my Tonks went to cat shows a lot growing up, so they are used to a lot of travel. So much so that they actually go into their crate at home and ask to be taken out.
At any rate, I hope you now can see just how individualistic Tonks are. I know of no other cats I've had that have such deep and passionately insistent personalities
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Minuette, Jan 4 6:19 pm

Tonkinese > What games does you Tonk like to play most?

Minuette

Purred: Fri May 23, '08 4:24pm PST 
I like Hallway Half-Pipe, Bed Shark, Hide and Seek (I hide my toys, and make mom look like crazy for them--we have a high toy turnover rate), Squirrel Tossing and Freestyle Rompus: Pairs Division (extra points given for fluffed up tail flying like a flag.)kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Minuette, May 23 4:24 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.