Postings by Sophia Marie

GO!

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

Behavior & Training > Brought home two new kittens to a two year old cat.
Sophia Marie

I be a princess.- No touch! Just- admire

Purred: Fri Jun 27, '08 9:46am PST 
waves to storm.

Hi, you're Boris's new interloper, aren't you! I'm Horus's Interloper, Sophia Marie.

good points on cat integration!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Boris, Jun 28 2:19 pm

Behavior & Training > Ignore or Pet?
Sophia Marie

Purred: Tue Jun 24, '08 1:20pm PST 
I'm all in with the Bribing posts!

she's scared, so you should sit mostly still, reading a book, or doing a puzzle, or writing in your journal - what ever you like to do. but TALK or SING quietly, so she gets used to your voice.

when she does come, make her welcome, but never force her!

hugs!
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Misha, Jul 17 12:24 pm

Cat Health > Dandruff & clumps?! Even some shedding

Sophia Marie

Purred: Mon Jun 23, '08 1:56pm PST 
Fish oil is VERY good for you. BUT you are over weight, so just like mommy if she has to diet (my mommy is on the 24/7, 52 weeks a year diet that started teh minute she got out of college, hehehe) you have to watch fats. Oils are fats, fats make you fat.

so, start with a very little at first. Our vet recomended pills (which are VERY expensive) are less than 1/4 teaspoon per serving, and he said to split that between two cats.

so really, you are talking 5-10 drops of oil at most, per day.

it's far cheeper (and just as good) by the way, to get fish oils from whole food stores. but make sure you get ones that are in teh "chill chest", and mommy says to keep them in the chill chest, otherwise your entire house smells like day old tuna ;-)
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sophia Marie, Jun 23 1:56 pm

Raw Food Diet > eggs -not a "raw" but "natural" food question

Sophia Marie

Purred: Mon Jun 23, '08 1:53pm PST 
My little girl doesn't eat much, so i want to find better ways to bring nutrtion into her world. she seems have an interest in *cooked* eggs, when they are being cooked (but not whole raw eggs).

Is any part of the egg better for kitties? and if i make scrambled eggs (with milk in them) is there anything i should watch out for? I don't know if what she smells (and likes) is the milk, the cheese, or the eggs.

but since "raw diets" talk a lot about eggs i figured they would be good for her.

any suggestions & tips?

(for what it's worth, she eats mostly "unhealthy" foods, and practically kills us for anything she considers treats. at least for treats i've found some from better sources that are like mini vitiman packs with meat!)
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Sophia Marie, Jun 23 1:53 pm

Behavior & Training > Brushing a reluctant (to say the least) cat

Sophia Marie

Purred: Mon Jun 23, '08 1:46pm PST 
Help help!
Miss Sophia has long long hair that gets itself into all kinds of nasty little messes.

Miss Dulci also had super long hair, but being a maine coon, it didn't gnat, and fur brushing were loved anyhow, even if not needed.

My sophia, however, has no desire to be brushed. She doesn't really even like petting except on her terms. She will tollerate the brush for about 2 strokes before she squirms and runs away.

"holding her down" would not be such a great idea, since it instills in them the fear of you, and teh associations that "brush = lack of freedoms".

so what *do* you do??? i catch her when she's asleep, so i can tackle the current knots, but beyond that???
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Boris, Jun 27 9:47 am

Behavior & Training > I Chewed on Meowmy's Boxing Gloves
Sophia Marie

Purred: Mon Jun 23, '08 1:04pm PST 
i like plastic. any kind, all kinds. anywhere!

daddy recently found that their pretty new bathroom curtain now has tiny tiny sophia shaped tooth marks at the bottom of the corner.

my addition to thier new decor!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Harvey, Jun 25 2:04 am

Behavior & Training > Our Meowmy KISSES us! Yuck!

Sophia Marie

Purred: Mon Jun 23, '08 1:01pm PST 
*shaking head* yup I get kissled all the time, just when I have my fur perfect she kissles all over me and I have to fix it again.
==
OHHH how i HATE that.

mommy doesnt' kiss me much, cause i don't like it... but i have lovely fur and she loves to pet it. sadly, i then have to start to clean all over again.

stupid mommy. doesn't she understand about clean fur?
[notify]

» There has since been 15 posts. Last posting by Tiger, Aug 27 8:44 pm

Behavior & Training > Extremely Talkative Kitty?

Sophia Marie

Purred: Mon Jun 9, '08 7:02am PST 
One quick comment - Norwegian Forrest cats are known to be vocalizers, about everything.

Not quite saimese, but close. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Baby, Jun 16 5:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Do indoor or outdoor cats develop their personalities better?

Sophia Marie

Purred: Mon Jun 9, '08 6:53am PST 
That's like saying if you raise your kid in a one bedroom apt or a mansion, which will develop a better personality. The question on its face assumes that anything we do, affects how a cat (or child) we develop as far as "personality". Cats are cats, they love to hunt, they love to chase, they are territorial, but the personality issues - is she affectionate? Does he chatter just all the time? Does she just die for tuna? Does he LOVE high places? -- those are independent of where he or she is raised. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 18 posts. Last posting by Zoey, Jun 11 9:13 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > stroking and massaging
Sophia Marie

Purred: Thu May 29, '08 1:09pm PST 
I don't like my mommy's pets. i like my daddy's pets.

BUT MOMMY likes when my daddy pats her (mommys) back while she is laying on her tummy, and i crawl up onto her back to get daddy's pets

That way, i massage mommy with my kneeds, while daddy pets me.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 30 6:52 am

(Page 1 of 11: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.