Postings by Dulci (In Loving Memory - you

GO!

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Grains and Veggies?
Dulci (In- Loving- Memory - you

Kitty's final- rest in a grove- of trees

Purred: Fri Jun 27, '08 9:44am PST 
as for canned meats like tuna and mackerl, the issue isn't the fruit/vegie debate, but the kinds of nutrition they are getting from protien only.

a mouse has organ meats which have lots of different nutritional components, has bones, cartladige, fur and nails - all of which provide some different nutriants. and as you said, there are small amounts of herbs and vegies in the prey's tummy. like a mouse flavored vitiman pack, don't you think?

but a mouse is maybe 1-5 (numbers made up, of course)% vegies. dry foods are 60-80% vegies often.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Mickey4Paws, Jun 30 6:07 pm

Laws & Legislation > Copyright on Catster?

Purred: Wed Jun 25, '08 1:39pm PST 
good luck on your law degree, but remember, us us paralegals who will save your butt every tiem - so treat us very nicely!

heheheheheheheehehlaugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Margaux Hemingway, Jun 25 2:50 pm

Cat Health > What is a hobble?

Purred: Tue Jun 24, '08 12:08pm PST 
Sorry you are having such bad vet experience. That cannot make an already hard thing, easier!

Wounds on the neck are hard to handle for two reasons...
1) the standard e-collar can't be used, since it would irritate the wound
2) any biting or scraching can open (or simply infect) the jugular, which is realllllyyy bad.

What your vet might be doing is perscribing a binding like a swaddle (if you think of a baby wrapped in swaddling clothing) to prevent kitty from doing harm to herself, till the skin is slightly healed.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Sherlock, Jun 24 2:34 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Your opinion matters to me...

Purred: Tue Jun 24, '08 12:03pm PST 
Slinkers was loved.

That's what you focus on. Try (though it's impossible to do, perfectly) not to double guess yourself, all you can do is cause pain to yourse.

Having said that, i double guess my self all the time. "could i have done" "should I have done" "what if i mis read", and "she might have had more time".

Those feelings only hurt, more. No one can tell you what to do, and no one should EVER tell you that your decision was the wrong one, cause it was the best one at the time, and that is all we can ask of oursevles as humans, in these hard hard matters.

I'm so sorry you had to make this decision. know i send my prayers, and my cats send thier love to you!
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Sally ♥ Sweet Angel, Jul 6 10:58 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > HUGS to all the kitties here

Purred: Tue Jun 24, '08 10:34am PST 
and even bigger hugs to the sad mommies, daddies, and familes of those who've lost friends.

I wish i could make my hugs real!hug
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Aragorn (In Memory), Jun 25 6:29 pm

Behavior & Training > Mommy closed the door and I can\'t see her!

Purred: Mon Jun 23, '08 1:49pm PST 
Delilah (through Izzy) -- Hey, i've become like that.

Lately, I follow mommy around like a dog. I've never been a cat to be held, but i'll let her hold me for, oh say 10 seconds or so, before i squirm.

once this last weekend, i coudn't find mommy. i cried out "oh mommy, where are you", and she called to me from the bathroom (oh, yeah... THAT room), and i RAN FULL SPEED into the bathroom, did the Leg-lovey-twirl-thing, and then went out.

what is up with us???
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Dulci (In Loving Memory - you, Jun 23 1:49 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Should pet cats be allowed to have kittens?

Purred: Mon Jun 23, '08 1:39pm PST 
of course they should be "allowed". no law, no vet, and no group of people should tell others how they should view their religious, spritual, or world view.

some religions (judiasm, as an example) have aspects that believe it is wrong according to god, to mutulate an animal for human purposes (be fruitful and multiply, and all that).

Just like every human needs to decide for themselves how many (if any) children they will have, and (if they are socially minded) where they will do volunteer works, and what things in their world should they send money to, etc., so too does each individual need to look to his or her own ethics to decide about pet populations.

I do not belive the hype that there are "too many cats". I think that cities and towns in the United States have bought into the idea that no cats should be at large and wandering, cause cats are seen as "bad".

Cats, in modern US vernacular are either pets, or they should be impounded. I disagree with that diachotmy.

I had the single best cat that ever existed (can you tell i'm biased) in Miss Dulci. I would have breed her in an instant, cause there is quite simply no other cat like her. I'd have breed her only once, and kept one of the kittens - or as many as i could not find good homes for.

"allowed" of course.

"should they" - that is a moral question each human needs to answer for themselves.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Noble, Jun 25 10:18 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Spells for Cats.......

Purred: Mon Jun 23, '08 1:16pm PST 
Just so no one gets offended, (i see some extremely umm... close minded Christians saying "oh, that's works of the devil" for far less than spells), and also to open up your thread a bit, maybe we could also post any folk lore or superstitions or other "fun stuff" about the historical view of cats, the religions of cats, and the unique social effect they have had in our society.

I like how Egyptians worshiped cats!

Ba'st is the cat goddes, herself, but all cats were worshiped.
http://www.godchecker.com/pantheon/egyptian-mythology.ph p?deity=BAST
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ben, Jun 25 12:21 am

Other Meows & Purrs > Any Cats With meowDies and not meowMies?

Purred: Mon Jun 23, '08 1:09pm PST 
I don't think it's that there aren't cats with just daddies -- i suspect daddies are usually not the type to be posting at Catster. we are, after all, tres chibi here (very into "cute" here).

I suspect daddies are off posting on "how to make and break things" "the wonderful world of Duc Tape", and "everything you ever wanted to know about sports" pages. ;-)

snoopyhappy dance
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Noble, Jun 24 3:02 pm

Laws & Legislation > This is horrible!!!

Purred: Fri Jun 20, '08 10:01am PST 
WARNING - semi graphic and very angry.

I'd be flabbergasted, except that this week saw the death of three children *at the hands of their parents*, one a "christian" (i'll use the term very losly) man who pusished his mis behaving son by tying him to a tree for 2 days; one a man who jumped on a two year old; and one a woman who's abuse of the most corporal kind had gone on for years.

I've lost respect for "humans" this week. i'll stick with our cats for a little while.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Jun 24 7:55 am

(Page 1 of 22: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.