Postings by Gleek

GO!

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

Cat Health > Looking to Adopt a FIV+ Cat!
Gleek

Champion Sitter

Purred: Mon Jul 22, '13 6:52pm PST 
Also - read the diary conmments in this diary - a lot of cats commented about FIV in response to a diary entry!
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by River, Jul 23 3:18 pm

Cat Health > Looking to Adopt a FIV+ Cat!
Gleek

Champion Sitter

Purred: Mon Jul 22, '13 6:50pm PST 
Hi, I'm Gleek, and I'm FIV too!

My FIV has manifested in seizures, but I'm on medication every day, and I haven't had a seizure in a long time.

It is also important to make sure your teeth stay nice and clean. And because your immune system is compromised with FIV, it is important to see a vet at the first sign of not feeling good.

A lot of cats with FIV never show any problems. It is safe to have an FIV kitty around other cats - it is only transmitted through deep bite wounds, so playing with a sibling, drinking out of the same bowl, eating out of the same bowl does not cause any problems!

We hope you will consider giving that FIV kitty a home!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by River, Jul 23 3:18 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > POTP needed for Tigger

Gleek

Champion Sitter

Purred: Wed Nov 9, '11 7:34am PST 
We're so very sorry, Tigger, and we will all be purring for you to stay strong!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by ♥Kally Kat♥, Nov 19 2:59 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Tornado check in!

Gleek

Champion Sitter

Purred: Fri Apr 29, '11 6:46am PST 
Great idea to start this thread! We're in Kentucky, and all doing fine. Lots of rain, thunderstorms, and tornados in other areas of the state.

wink
[notify]

» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Jun 1 2:25 pm

Plus Power of the Paw > Tornado check in!

Gleek

Champion Sitter

Purred: Fri Apr 29, '11 5:56am PST 
Great idea to start this thread! We're in Kentucky, and all doing fine. Lots of rain, thunderstorms, and tornados in other areas of the state.

wink
[notify]

» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Lacey, Jun 1 2:25 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs
Gleek

Champion Sitter

Purred: Wed Apr 27, '11 8:28am PST 
Purring for good biopsy results for Andy!

hug
[notify]

» There has since been -17426.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Gleek

Champion Sitter

Purred: Tue Mar 29, '11 4:07pm PST 
Sending purrs to Mojo!
[notify]

» There has since been -17186.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Food & Nutrition > Crystals and Wellness Core (dry food)?

Gleek

Champion Sitter

Purred: Fri Aug 20, '10 7:04pm PST 
We used to eat regular Wellness, and then after talking to the vet, we decided to switch to Wellness Core (thinking it was the top of the line Wellness). We like Wellness because it is one of the better foods out there with good ingredients and no glutens.

Well, since being on Wellness Core, I've developed crystals (twice), and before I did, Sugar and Vivien both had UTI's. They didn't have crystals, but an infection and trouble peeing.

Mawmee did some searching on the internet, and found a message board where so many different people said they were feeding their cat Wellness Core when they developed crystals.

We don't know if there is some connection, but it seems very strange, so just in case, we switched over to Buffalo Blue (which can be purchased at Petsmart). Buffalo Blue (dry) has a good ingredient list too.

The ash and magnesium content in dry food is one of the contributing factors in developing crystals. We also found that there seems to be some agreement that dry food in general is not as good as wet food for kitties.

It is important to get a high water intake to keep crystals away, and that is the reason wet food is better.

I'd also like to know if other cats who developed crystals were eating Wellness Core.
[notify]

» There has since been 19 posts. Last posting by Cody, Sep 24 9:27 pm

Gleek

Champion Sitter

Purred: Sat Apr 17, '10 8:21pm PST 
I know this list is for those who are sick and in need of purrs, but our pal, Vincent is missing, and I know the power of purr helps in situations like that too.

Please purr that he will find his way home soon. You can read more details in his diary.

hug
[notify]

» There has since been -15334.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Gleek

Champion Sitter

Purred: Wed Mar 10, '10 10:03am PST 
Please send purrs to Smokey.

Mawmee read this on Facebook:

She is currently at the vet - at 2:15am she had some sort of seizure...we treated it as hypoglycemia, but the vet is not sure what it is - she is getting blood work done, and having an ultrasound on her heart. I am quite worried, she gave us such a fright last night...I th...ought she had a stroke (may have been a blood clot). UPDATE: Just got a call from the vet....he THINKS it may have been a stroke, there is something going on with her right ventrical, and is now going to do an xray - her chest fat is not allowing a clear picture of her heart....

Sending purrs . . . . .

hug
[notify]

» There has since been -15092.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

(Page 1 of 7: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.