Postings by Arthur

GO!

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

Behavior & Training > Peeing in inappropriate places
Arthur

Purred: Thu Dec 20, '12 5:47pm PST 
Once you have ruled out a physical problem, there are a lot of things you could look at to determine the possible root of the problem. Do you sometimes pee in the litter box, or do you *only* pee where your Mom doesn't want you to? Some cats don't like to pee and poop in the same litter box, so if you have only one litter box and you always poop there, maybe adding a second litter box would help you. Did you maybe get startled when peeing in the litter box at some point? If so, you might just view the litter box as a scary place to pee and need a little help sorting that out.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Arthur, Dec 20 5:47 pm

Behavior & Training > Peeing EVERYWHERE, ALL THE TIME, and for WHAT reason?? Heeellp...
Arthur

Purred: Thu Dec 6, '12 7:20pm PST 
If the vet rules out a physical problem, it is possible he is stressed--could you try a calming collar on him? As a last resort, do you think he would wear a diaper? I have used kitty diapers on a couple of my cats and it has solved the problem.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Star, Dec 20 4:07 pm

Cat Health > Horner's Syndrome

Arthur

Purred: Mon Dec 3, '12 6:14pm PST 
Mika's surgery did fix his Horner's Syndrome, but the growth they removed from his ear turned out to be a ceruminous gland tumor (also known as an ear wax tumor). Earlier this year the tumor came back, but Mika's kidneys weren't working well enough to have surgery again. He went to the bridge in June. Please do whatever you can to stop the inflammation in your kitty's ears because chronic inflammation can lead to cancer.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , Dec 5 4:39 am

Behavior & Training > Innapropriate chewing? (on plastic, netting/tulle, ribbons, etc...)

Arthur

Purred: Mon Nov 12, '12 6:02pm PST 
I like to chew ribbon and plastic and my Mom sprays those things with Grannick's Bitter Apple spray. It tastes just awful and I won't chew anything that is sprayed with it.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Angel-Nu, Nov 18 10:31 pm

Behavior & Training > Cats Urinating in the House *Last Options*

Arthur

Purred: Mon Oct 22, '12 6:09pm PST 
Would you consider trying a kitty diaper? My Mom has used these for three kitties now and they have worked well for her. The diapers she uses are machine washable and she puts half of a human incontinence pad in them and that catches all the pee. The diapers have a tail hole so the kitty can poop normally in the litter box--it just catches the pee.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Boxie Brown Forever, Nov 1 4:54 pm

Cat Health > I have ringworm....
Arthur

Purred: Mon Oct 15, '12 4:21pm PST 
Your Mom might want to get some latex or non-latex disposable gloves for people to wear whenever they touch you until your ringworm is cleared up. I had ringworm a few years ago and it was super hard for me to get rid of. I had to have baths and everything. Eventually, Mom had to get a special pill for me to take for 30 days and that cleared it up completely but it was a really expensive medicine.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Sterling, Oct 24 4:10 pm

Food & Nutrition > Need some advice

Arthur

Purred: Mon Oct 15, '12 1:22pm PST 
Whatever food you feed, please make sure it does not contain spinach. Spinach contributes to the formation of oxalate crystals, and you have already seen where crystals can lead.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Arthur, Oct 15 1:22 pm

Cat Health > Is This True?

Arthur

Purred: Mon Oct 15, '12 1:18pm PST 
In many areas in the U.S. cat and dog owners are legally required to have their pets vaccinated against rabies. My vet always does this for my cats, but the other vaccines she bases on the overall health of the cat in question. Mika, for example, did not get his combo vaccine once his kidney disease had progressed to a certain point because our vet felt the additional risks to his health would outweigh any benefit he might get from the vaccine. He went to the bridge a few months ago, so vaccination isn't an issue for him anymore.

All us kitties came to live with our current Mom and Dad when we were already adults and the vet has kept us as current with vaccines as our general health permits.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Arthur, Oct 15 1:18 pm

Behavior & Training > My new cat is terrified and agressive...

Arthur

Purred: Fri Sep 21, '12 2:33am PST 
You might want to try a Feliway or ComfortZone diffuser. You plug it into the wall and it emits pheromones that help calm kitties. You might also want to just let your kitty hide for a while until he becomes comfortable enough to come out on his own. We live with a couple of cats who hid most of the time when they first came here, but now they only hide if they think they might be going to the vet. Be prepared though--it might take a few months for a kitty to become totally comfortable with a new home.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Alexander, Dreamboat #110, Sep 21 3:35 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > At wits end over cat pee
Arthur

Purred: Thu Aug 16, '12 6:32pm PST 
Would you consider trying her in a diaper? My Mom has had two different cats that wore diapers because of peeing issues and that worked well for them. The diaper has a tail hole that allows the kitty to poop in the litter box normally, but it will catch any pee they decide to share. Just put a half of an incontinence pad inside the diaper and it will catch all the pee. The diapers my Mom uses are cloth and machine washable.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Arthur, Aug 16 6:32 pm

(Page 1 of 16: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.