Postings by Noble

GO!

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

Food & Nutrition > Natural Balance pouches?
Noble

Everyone loves- an orange tabby.

Purred: Tue Feb 14, '12 11:23pm PST 
Daisy; I agree. It definitely looks better than most of the other foods I've seen at the stores!

I do see what Finnegan means, though. When I fed him the first pouch this morning, it looked full of veggies. Noble did like it, though, so that's something.

I'm not sure I'll include it in his full diet, but the fact that he likes it is good. Thanks for the opinions. wave
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noble, Feb 14 11:23 pm

Food & Nutrition > Natural Balance pouches?
Noble

Purred: Mon Feb 13, '12 9:39pm PST 
So, I was in Pet Supermarket this weekend and being that I had some extra money to spend, I quickly became a kid in a candy store (or more accurately, a devoted owner in a pet speciality store). I had initially went in to pick up some cans of food for my dog, but had wandered into the cat aisle. Being that it was my first time at Pet Supermarket in a long time, I was both overwhelmed and excited about all the different brands of dog and cat food. I picked up some familiar brands for Sandy (Taste of the Wild, Solid Gold, the works) but saw some pouches of food in the cat aisle that were .99 cents and looked decent. They were Natural Balance... I picked up six different flavors for Noble. I don't recall if I've ever seen the brand mentioned here, so was wondering if it's a decent food? Was, also, wondering if anyone here has fed it and if they're happy with it?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Noble, Feb 14 11:23 pm

Food & Nutrition > Wellness Indulgence pouches

Noble

Purred: Mon Feb 13, '12 9:32pm PST 
I don't know if you've gotten the answers you're looking for already, but I figured I'd chime in while I'm lurking, anyway. I ordered a weeks worth of Wellness pouches for Noble about two weeks ago. It was his first time eating Wellness. He loved it and ate it all up. He didn't have any problems digesting it, nor did he have any problems with his stools. I will definitely be buying them for him again as it was the first time in a long time that he gobbled high quality food up with such gusto. Of course, the experience might be different for everyone as not one cat is exactly like the last, but I myself was, overall, pleased with the Wellness Indulgence pouches.

ETA: Noble's a chunk kind of tom, but our late Malik was a pate cat. We could sometimes trick him by mushing the chunks and shreds up with a fork until they had the consistency of pate. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noble, Feb 13 9:32 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > How did you come up with a name for your cat(s) or kitten(s)?

Noble

Purred: Wed Jul 20, '11 6:42pm PST 
Noble was the name of a character in a book my human read and loved. There was a Celeste in the book, too, and had I been a girl cat, my name probably would have been Celeste. Though, Noble was a perfect fit from the get-go. I was even quite noble as a kitten.

cat on moon
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Bandit, Jul 21 12:59 pm

Food & Nutrition > Seriously guys, we need to take it down a notch.

Noble

Purred: Fri May 6, '11 10:56am PST 
To be perfectly honest, it doesn't bother me too much. Maybe I'm just immune to it since I spend most of my time on Dogster where it's pretty much the norm. I don't take offense to it unless they outright say the way I feed my dog/cat is killing him and that I "obviously don't care because I don't feed the same diet they do". People do have to realize that what works for one dog or cat isn't going to work for them all. Just like people, they are individuals and some of them have health problems, allergies, sensitive systems... individual needs.

Canned food is better for cats. I've known that for years. (Which, might I add, I learned from Caster about three years ago. wink So, BK, I'm not a new kitty and I'm curious to know if you thought I was?) My cat gets more canned than he does dry, but I feed him dry currently because I am in a bit of a financial situation that I wasn't in last year. Feeding him all canned was starting to break me. Add to that the fact that my dog, Sandy, has a sensitive system and is on a canned/home cooked diet... and there was hardly any money left for my own food! When things get back to the way they were last year, I will feed Noble strictly canned again and cook for Sandy as often as I used to.

The only thing that really bothers me about it all is that sometimes the person posting to recommend a certain diet doesn't really ask why the OP feeds the food they do. But other than that, I don't mind. Their heart is in the right place and they're just trying to help the OP. Being recommended to a certain food is better than being told "you don't care because you don't feed this diet" (which I have been before... not on Dogster or Catster, but it was still hurtful).
[notify]

» There has since been 124 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 10 10:22 am

Kitten Corner > Abandoned Kitten in the House!
Noble

Purred: Tue May 3, '11 5:33pm PST 
What a cute little kitten. It takes me back to when I, too, was caring for orphan kittens. Noble and Malik were about 3 or 4 weeks when they came to us. They were bottle fed for a long time, as well. Noble would crawl on my shoulder and bite at my neck as if he was looking for his mothers nipple! And Malik... he was the wildest kitten I've ever known. For the first two months of his life, he wouldn't let anyone touch him. We started weaning them at about 5 or 6 weeks and they started with canned. Raising orphan kittens can definitely be stressful, but you've gotten some great advice so far. It's so kind of you to have taken him in. Most people would have given a resounding no. I say that I don't want any more cats... but I know if an orphan one ended up at my doorstep, I'd take him in.

As far as bathing goes, for Malik and Noble, I always used a damp cloth.

Cute little kitty you have there. I'm sure he'll grow into a beautiful cat.

ETA: I remember what it was like raising a litter of puppies, too! Sometimes, it really is like having a newborn. They'd wake up at all hours of the night, hungry, crying... sometimes you don't even know what they want! On the bright side, puppies and kittens grow up much faster. way to go
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Max, May 10 8:05 pm

Behavior & Training > Letting your CATS OUTSIDE

Noble

Purred: Tue May 3, '11 3:04pm PST 
I agree with you one hundred percent.

Spot was an outdoor cat, but she was not my cat, so I didn't have the final say in whether or not she'd be indoor or outdoor. Likewise, Gypsy ended up an outdoor cat in his later life. Also not my cat, so I didn't have the final say.

Noble, however, is my cat. And in all his life, he has only been outside once and that was under very strict supervision. I suppose, in a way, I've gotten lucky with him. He has never expressed a desire to even go outside. He seems rather content just viewing the outside world from the window.

Growing up, all of our cats were outdoor/indoor, so, I'd always assumed that was just how it was supposed to be. As I matured and looked back, however, I realized that all of those cats died way too young or just simply went missing and never returned. Hank, our family cat who everyone loved, went missing for a week and turned up a week later on the side of the road, laying a few feet away from a dead baby bird. Snowball met an untimely end while my siblings were standing there, watching, unable to prevent it from happening because that's just how fast it happened. Taffy, too, met an untimely end because of the road. I've heard of tails of cats finding second homes, cats being poisoned, and way too many of cats becoming victims of the road or leaving the house one day and never coming home.

When I got Noble, I vowed to never let him outside. I just never wanted to take the chance. Six years later and he is still an indoor cat and believe me, he does not know the difference. He can't miss out on something he never had.

ETA: Regarding the posts about cats who are used to being outdoors and do miss it when it's taken away, that's far different than what I assumed this post meant. That would be Spot's case. When we took her in, she was already indoor/outdoor. So that's what she was used to and that's what my mom decided was best for her. Because she would get anxious if left inside too long. And yes, she would pee. However, Noble and Malik were only outside as kittens (they were born in the woods) and after we took them in, were raised as strictly indoor cats. They never long/ed to go outside, because they never had been outside except when they were too young to remember.

I think saying "being outdoors is natural for cats" is a bit odd. Since they're domesticated. Being outside for a wild dog is natural, too... yet people have very strong opinions opposing keeping a dog outside because of the dangers. I always wonder why it works differently for cats. Is it because they're more independent? (This isn't a judgemental question, just an honest one. Since I'm more of a dog person, I've observed the strong opinions on the dog side more often.)
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noble, May 3 3:04 pm

Food & Nutrition > Senior cat eating kitten food

Noble

Purred: Mon May 2, '11 4:55pm PST 
My late dog, Chance, benefited from puppy food when he was a senior. I'm not sure if it would work the same way for a cat, though.

As long as your senior cat isn't overeating, like others have said, he should be fine. Just cut back a little of his adult (or senior food). Since kitten food is a bit higher in everything, you'll want to watch how much of it he eats.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noble, May 2 4:55 pm

Food & Nutrition > By Products in your pets foodies, don't read before eating your supper

Noble

Purred: Mon May 2, '11 4:51pm PST 
The difference between by-products in human foods (like sausage and viennas and what not) and the by-products often found in animal food is that for humans, it has to be considered "edible" and therefore is often merely organs and other healthy parts of the animal. Standards for pet food are a bit lower so, often times, the unedible parts make the cut.

I tend to avoid by-products as often as I can. Which is more often than not. If it's not a specified animal, I avoid it even more.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Noble, May 2 4:51 pm

What I Love About Catster > Hyper links.
Noble

Purred: Mon Jan 31, '11 12:15pm PST 
You might find this thread on Dogster helpful. I sure did. smile
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Purrdie, Until we meet again., Jan 31 1:26 pm

(Page 1 of 19: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.