GO!

Cat Health > Need Advice Urgently re: Cats stressed over newly introduced foster kittens

Larry

Cant get me down

Purred: Sat Sep 22, '12 8:32am PST 
Is there any way the kittens could stay in the master bathroom, so your cats could have the master bedroom and more space. Also, the rescues you contacted....contact them again and ask about courtesy posting on their website, this will help them get exposure to people looking for cats/kittens.

Good Luck
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Sep 25 6:41 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Fostering Cats ???
Larry

Cant get me down

Purred: Sat Aug 18, '12 8:49am PST 
Sorry it took so long to respond, was having computer issues...Im so glad you decided to foster, I know you will love it!! If you have any more questions, please let me know.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 18 8:49 am

Choosing the Right Cat > Fostering Cats ???

Larry

Cant get me down

Purred: Tue Aug 7, '12 4:53pm PST 
I have fostered many cats/kittens/moms and babies and my cats have been fine. I keep the fosters in a room and did not let my cats interact with them (except for once and that was an accident!) When I first started fostering, my cats would go up to the door and hiss and then walk away. After a couple months, my cats realized that the fosters were not staying and they basically forgot about the fosters, sometimes I would even catch my cats playing with the fosters under the door.

It got to the point where my boys didnt even react the one time fosters got out. When one of my fosters Trudy (1 yr old, spayed female, cross-eyed tabby) decided that she needed to come out and actually broke her way out while we were not there. I came home to Trudy loose with my boys and no one was hurt or fighting. Trudy had made herself right at home but her "foster-roommate" Audrey (3 yr old, Spayed female, LH tabby) was not that pleased with my boys so he was hiding in the foster room. My boys walked up to Audrey, she would hiss and they would leave. Trudy on the other hand was having a blast playing with the dogs and my cats.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by , Aug 18 8:49 am

Cats and a Clean Home > Working with rescues with Giardia

Larry

Cant get me down

Purred: Sat Aug 4, '12 8:07am PST 
I have fostered kittens with Giardia before, its such a pain!

sounds like you are doing everything right to keep your kitties safe, but dont forget that people can also get Giardia so make sure you wash your hands after scooping the litter box and when leaving the room they are in.

The suggestion about using Clorox wipes is a great idea!!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by , Aug 4 8:07 am

Cat Health > Greenlee continues to urinate on furniture...

Larry

Cant get me down

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 6:29pm PST 
We had the same issue with Larry and wet food. He refused to eat it and we eventually had him locked in a room (he had surgery and had to be confined) and left the wet food down for 2 days before putting out fresh and he never touched it!

I kept buying different kinds (both flavors and textures) and then fancy feast came out with the appetizer things. I tried the chicken one and Larry LOVED it. He only eats the appetizers chicken and beef flavors (my other cats love the seafood flavors). Its strange but keep trying different flavors and textures and you might find something that she likes.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by , Aug 2 5:56 am

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.