Postings by Mooch

GO!

(Page 1 of 42: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Food & Nutrition > Orijen food-please read
Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Wed Nov 26, '08 6:46pm PST 
Sorry to be brief, but here is the latest news from Itchmo on this subject. Australia has an irradiation law, and the Orijen problems were in Sydney. Orijen will no longer be sold in Australia.

"Q: ISN’T IRRADIATION GENERALLY RECOGNIZED AS SAFE?
A: YES. But Irradiation is typically applied to human foods at doses between 5-10kGY.
ORIJEN in Australia received a minimum level of 50 kGY and records recovered from the Australian irradiation facility
show that ORIJEN was irradiated to levels reaching 61 kGY. THESE ARE VERY SUBSTANTIAL LEVELS OF IRRADIATION.
Studies indicate that cats fed dry cat food irradiated at levels between 36 and 47kGY develop the same neurological
symptoms as seen in the Australian cats."
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Blade (2000-2010), Nov 27 6:02 am

Food & Nutrition > EVO cat food....
Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Sat Aug 23, '08 5:09pm PST 
Callie,

We were one family having trouble with our Evo a while back - that they seemed to be eating less of it......turned out that they were just a little bored, since I only had one flavor available at that time.

Evo wet continues to be the favored wet here, while Wellness, as usual, sits out and inevitably gets thrown out. confused

For us, the consistency of Evo is much softer than that of Wellness, and we seem to like that. Even the Evo 95%'s consistency with the beef and the venison are a little thicker (than the Evo reg, Evo 95% chicken&turkey, and Evo 95% duck) and we won't eat those either.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Quetzal, Aug 24 9:14 am

Food & Nutrition > Ziwi Peak

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Mon Aug 11, '08 6:58am PST 
We're trying our first bag of ZiwiPeak lamb dry.

It looks and smells like little flat squares of Fruit Roll-Ups gone very wrong. laugh out loud It's definitely like no other food we've ever bought before - consistency-wise. The pieces are, hmm...square, flat, and about the size of the center portion of my pinky finger.

I gave it to my 4 guys as a treat to see how they'd react to it...and they all looked at me like confused .

So then I mixed it in with their Orijen and sometimes with a different kibble, and they ate it, but I can't say they were thrilled about it. I don't think I'll get it again, personally.

But I know someone who mixes it with Orijen and the cats eat it well, so you might give it a try.

We also tried Wysong Archetype, which is freeze-dried meat (organs and bone included, and is a whole meal), and they went wild over it. I'll definitely be getting more. This one is big and small chunks of freeze-dried meat, and there is also a lot of powder, whether that is good or bad.....I guess it's good for sprinkling on other foods. They say you can make sauce out of it, or even make the whole thing into wet food, too.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by , Aug 11 4:16 pm

Grooming > Matted Hair?!

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Sun Aug 10, '08 10:04pm PST 
My brother and sisters and I have long hair and sometimes we get mats in our armpits. laugh out loud Yoyo got some on his hind legs and he was really self-conscious about them and wouldn't let Mom get near.

But Mom would hide the rounded safety scissors when she would go to give Yoyo a nice massage and then secretly, carefully cut one off. Then she cut off another the following day. After she got them all off, it was obvious that Yoyo was really happy to have them gone, and then he didn't mind Mom caressing his hind legs at all. Mom felt so good that she decided to cut them off.

Of course, now that Mom knows that we get mats in certain places, she'll go over those places with a comb more often so that the mats don't come back.

The back should be fairly easy to trim -- if you feel confident to do it, that's what I would suggest! Of course, make sure you're cutting only fur! Sometimes it's a little hard to feel what exactly is mat, and what is folded up skin!
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Lola, Aug 11 11:51 pm

Behavior & Training > Choosing a litter box/litter

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Tue Jul 29, '08 9:35pm PST 
http://www.litterbox-central.com/forum/

Saw some people asking about feedback on litter boxes and litter, so I thought I'd post this link!

cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mooch, Jul 29 9:35 pm

Food & Nutrition > Wellness CORE, BLUE Wilderness, or Innova Evo?
Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 9:16pm PST 
One more thing about EVO dry, I can't be certain that this is what caused it, but there's a chance that it caused all 4 of my cats to become constipated.

(I've read the opposite - that some cats tend to get diarrhea on it.)

But it is supposed to be very good, so if you do decide to try EVO dry, just be looking for that possibility.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mooch, Jul 28 9:16 pm

Food & Nutrition > What to do with dented canned food

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Mon Jul 28, '08 7:58pm PST 
http://www.foodlinkny.org/pdf/Nutrition_pdf/Can_safety1.pdf

Thi s link sure came in handy for me after getting an International order that had 6 dented cans. I thought you guys might like to have it, too!

cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Rasha, Jul 28 9:31 pm

Behavior & Training > lack of affection?

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Tue Jul 15, '08 10:47pm PST 
Be patient and don't push it -- she might very well change.

I got my little tortie girl at 2 months and she didn't want to have anything to do with me. I'd pet her a couple times and she'd look at me like confused and then she'd inch away out of reach LOL. But I'd continue to touch her a little and after quite a few months, she wouldn't inch away.

Now that she's a little over a year old, she'll come and ask to sit on my lap and she'll want to get her belly rub, too, which I thought would never happen. (And I mean, this is how it was even though she was living with me since she was 2 months old, which is quite different from Pixie's situation.)

It's a great sign that even though Pixie has been through a couple homes already, that she is comfortable at your place enough to sleep on your bed with you. And that's great that she's so good with your children. I would imagine she'll warm up to being a bit more affectionate, so just kick back and let it happen!
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by , Jul 18 1:44 am

Food & Nutrition > Rasha's losing weight!!

Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Fri Jul 11, '08 8:42pm PST 
Urgh, this is rather disconcerting, isn't it.

I only feed the regular Evo Cat&Kitten.

I usually feed the 13oz, but recently have been trying the 5.5oz. I notice a very different consistency in the smaller can, which I had assumed was because it was a smaller can (I've read about different consistencies between the three Wellness canned foods, too).

The 13oz was a smooth, rather runny pate, where the 5.5oz is very slightly ground meaty with more noticeable carrots. My lot is totally different from Shadow's.

Right now we are eating :

5.5 oz Evo
Bought in Japan (imported from ?)
Best by 09/14/08 (dang imported goods)
15TCH206 2316
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Rasha, Jul 15 10:58 am

Food & Nutrition > Rasha's losing weight!!
Mooch

The Tiny 4- Parade!

Purred: Fri Jul 11, '08 1:11pm PST 
Hey, Rasha,

Sorry to hear you're not eating well and worrying your mom.

We also eat canned Evo (and Wellness, but not so well), in the last couple weeks we don't eat as much of it as usual....like we're bored of it or something. We're even getting tired of some of the dry we eat (we're still trying to transition to all wet).

Could it be the warmer weather?

Keep us updated on your vet visit please!

Hope you feel better soon and eat!
[notify]

» There has since been 23 posts. Last posting by Rasha, Jul 15 10:58 am

(Page 1 of 42: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.