Postings by Neysa

GO!

Behavior & Training > New Home

Neysa

I'm a kitty- freak!

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '07 12:02pm PST 
If you decide to get her spayed this week I would get a crate for her (if you have anything like a medium-large sized dog crate that's what I used with Neysa). That way you can easily see her, make sure she has food, water and a litter box. But i would just be concerned that if she has surgery, and you can't get to her if you needed to, that you might not be able to check her incision site to see if things are healing properly. I had Neysa in a large dog crate. There was plenty of room for her litter box, food, water, toys and bed. She had a safe place where she wasn't really disturbed and I could get to her to check her incision. That way I could also be sure that she wouldn't end up doing something that would tear her sutures (so for that reason I might get a crate for Hildee or use some other way to keep her in one specific area of the house no matter when you have her spayed.)

You might want to talk with your vet about the spay date. I'm sure that whenever she has the procedure things will go fantastically but we'll be sending good thoughts to Hildee!
[notify]

» There has since been 32 posts. Last posting by Hildee, Jun 27 6:40 am

Behavior & Training > SCRATCHING POSTS ARE EXPENSIVE!
Neysa

I'm a kitty- freak!

Purred: Tue Jun 19, '07 9:13am PST 
I got our 2 scratching posts for Neysa from www.craigslist.org it's a website where you can make purchases from individuals locally. Ours were used and Neysa has never had a problem with them. She loves them and has never gotten sick from them. I think that there are some diseases that are contagious enough you could spread them through contact (like if your cat goes outside) but I'm not sure how long those can survive on an object that isn't living. Also if your kitty is up to date on its vaccinations it would be no different that if it were an inside/outside cat (they come in contact with other animals/etc then anyway).

Do you know why the neighbor's cat passed away?

Hope you find what you're looking for!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Jerome(2004-2010), Jun 19 12:36 pm

Domestic Shorthair > How many of you DSH were adopted from a shelter?

Neysa

I'm a kitty- freak!

Purred: Sat Jun 16, '07 6:53pm PST 
I was I was! We adopted Neysa at the end of October and she has been the most fantastic kitty! She has all her claws and never scratches anything but her scratching posts. She loves to play with the dogs (and they're big dogs!) and Snoopy. She's the most friendly kitten. AND she never ever has a litter box accident --unlike Mr. Snoopy over there.

She is definitely a one-of-a-kind. I know that I will never have another kitty like her!
[notify]

» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by RKO, Mar 1 1:46 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.