Postings by Isabelle

GO!

(Page 1 of 56: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Behavior & Training > Keeping me up at night
Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Thu Mar 7, '13 7:06pm PST 
Isabelle has become quite a bit more snuggly in the last year (she's 12 now) and loves to be in the bed with me at night. However, she's making sleep nearly impossible.

Between her up and down business, along with snuggling, pushing, rolling, etc, I'm waking up at least a dozen times a night. She has a cozy blanket at the end of the bed that she likes and does sleep there for a bit, but always ends up bugging me. I love that she is my snuggle bug and would hate to kick her out of the bed but I'm at my wits end. How do I make her be still so I can sleep?
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isabelle, Mar 7 7:06 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Cat pee in rental
Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Mon May 14, '12 6:22pm PST 
Well I used a whole bottle of Nature's Miracle yesterday and literally wet the entire bathroom floor and baseboards. I let it dry completely on it's own and then wiped the floor with plain water to get rid of the sticky feel it left behind. Unfortunately, it still stinks. thinking

I agree that the flooring and baseboards are going to have to be replaced, but I'm humoring the landlord by trying everything else first (which I can understand - I wouldn't want to replace all that if I didn't have to either). So tomorrow we're trying bleach and this weekend he's going to do another sniff test. After that he wants to try painting the walls and baseboards.

Thanks all!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Pandora, May 15 6:54 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > Cat pee in rental

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Sat May 12, '12 8:46pm PST 
I recently moved into a new rental place, and when I looked at the house initially I did notice a strong cat pee smell coming from the bathroom but chalked it up to having the litterbox in the bathroom. Well .... the smell is still there. I can't pinpoint where it's coming from, but my guess is it's seeped into the flooring (linoleum tiles with somewhat irregular spaces between) and into the caulking around the toilet and baseboard. silenced

The landlord claims he doesn't really smell anything, but washed down the bathroom with vinegar. It didn't help. It's so strong that it will knock you over when you open the door. shock So, what do I use to clean it? I know I need an enzymatic cleaner ... Nature's Miracle? Any thoughts on how to clean caulking, or should I offer to dig it out and re-do it?

Help, we are near passing out from the stench LOL eek
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Pandora, May 15 6:54 pm

Cats and a Clean Home > What to use for litter disposal?

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Tue May 8, '12 9:55pm PST 
My city is very "green" and has switched to all paper bags at grocery stores. I used to use the bags for kitty litter disposal and now I'm wondering what to use? The actual disposal bags are not cheap to buy! A friend of mine got some at the dollar store but I can't find them here.

What do you all use? I don't take out trash daily do cant just add it to my big bag/bin.thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by , Mar 18 3:57 pm

Cat Health > Eating after dental surgery

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Sun Mar 18, '12 6:10pm PST 
Thanks all! She is on pain meds, 2x/day for 5 days. Surprisingly she has not had any vomiting or anything, and was acting normal the day after! cheer I have kept her on soft food, about 3x a day along with some soft freeze-dried chicken treats. She keeps asking for kibble, but was I really hoping this would be the transition to wet only. We'll see big grin
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Ramsey, Mar 19 9:20 am

Cat Health > Eating after dental surgery
Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Fri Mar 16, '12 6:11pm PST 
Isabelle had a canine tooth removed today and a dental cleaning. She did well with the surgery and came out of anesthesia just fine. The vet tech told me to offer only a small amount of food and water tonight, so I gave her about an ounce of wet food. She scarfed it down dancing and has been begging for more (she has been NPO since 10pm last night). I waited about an hour before giving her another ounce, and she is STILL wanting more. How much do I let her have?? shrug

I'm just relieved she is eating, since I've heard some kitties don't want to eat after surgery and it causes problems. confused
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Ramsey, Mar 19 9:20 am

Cat Health > Are dental x-rays needed with an extraction??

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Mon Mar 5, '12 12:56pm PST 
Hmmmm, well this is where I am torn! I understand the importance of them and I would not want to skimp on my kitty's health .... she was missing her big top canine when I got her at 1 year (not sure if it was removed or fell out/never grew in), and her other teeth were removed by a vet throughout the years.

So.... I'm going to call the vet and ask for more detail. Why would they need 6 xrays? She only has 5-6 teeth left total thinking
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isabelle, Mar 5 12:56 pm

Cat Health > Are dental x-rays needed with an extraction??

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Sat Mar 3, '12 9:48pm PST 
Isabelle has to have her last canine removed (all her other front teeth are gone) and the estimate I got from the vet is $600. They have a special dental clinic and surgeon and are reputable, but wowzers!!! shock

Included with the extraction is a cleaning for her remaining teeth and a full set of dental x-rays (for $100). Are the x-rays really necessary? She's never had them before. I want to do whatever is best for her, but gosh, this bill is going to take me a year to pay off frown and that's the only part of the itemized estimate I could see that was potentially optional.

kitty
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Isabelle, Mar 5 12:56 pm

Food & Nutrition > What do other toothless kitties eat?

Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Wed Dec 7, '11 7:52pm PST 
I guess she will figure it out, right? smile She is not a fan of pate food, it must be shreds, small chunks, etc. and there are not many good foods out there like that (although she may change her mind when she realizes that's all she's getting). It'll be a rough little while when we make the change to all wet!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isabelle, Dec 7 7:52 pm

Cat Health > Low WBC count?
Isabelle

Do I smell- treats??

Purred: Wed Dec 7, '11 7:48pm PST 
Well that's just poopy. cry I don't think it's anemia because they didn't comment on her RBC count, just WBC. And I can't figure out why she would have leukemia either. She has not had close contact with another cat for like 5 years and it doesn't stay dormant that long, does it? Although I stopped vaccinating her for it many years ago (and vet Ok'd it) after she had such bad reactions to vaccines. I'm stumped, frustrated, and scared. cry

Merlin, I hope it really is just her new "normal" but it was definitely in the normal range in 2008, and this is the first time we've tested since then.

Thanks for the info, I guess I'll just wait out another week and re-do the test. shrug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Isabelle, Dec 7 7:48 pm

(Page 1 of 56: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.