Postings by Boris

GO!

(Page 1 of 231: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Other Meows & Purrs > Fake Cats? Huh?
Boris

I'm cute and I- know how to use- that :)

Purred: Wed Jan 22, '14 4:44pm PST 
That I know of, there isn't one. I only came back because I heard they were closing shop around here. frown

With two human kids, it's getting tough to stay in touch other than on Facebook.
[notify]

» There has since been -19.2 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > A survey about *gasp* children
Boris

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 1:00pm PST 
Hello,

when my meowmie is not petting me or giving into my demands, she is often thinking scholarly thoughts about children. In fact, she goes to this thing called grad school, where apparently they study children.

She is doing a survey as part of one class project, and since we've had success getting responses from catsters who also have child creatures before, we thought we'd help out meowmie by posting her survey here:

Children and Reading Preferences

Many thanks if you decide to take the survey! cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Boris, Nov 29 1:00 pm

Boris

Purred: Thu Nov 29, '12 12:57pm PST 
Hi Shelley,

we're sorry to hear about Delyte's health troubles. How are you doing, yourself? We remember that you were also having health troubles.
[notify]

» There has since been 37.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Boris

Purred: Mon Dec 19, '11 12:27am PST 
Mom's been very busy with school, and then with cleaning before they leave us for Christmas *sobs*. We went to the v-e-t, and got good news. I lost over 2 lbs, and only weigh 14.3 lbs. This means I get some of my delicious kibble back. I just realized it today, so I've been a pest to mom about it.

Mom says that this might be the last year she flies out to see her family for the holidays. The baby's sick with a last minute cold, traveling with a kid is only gonna get worse from here on out with or without seasonal illnesses, and she really wants to start spending Christmas with us, too.
[notify]

» There has since been 182.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Boris

Purred: Sun Dec 4, '11 4:33pm PST 
Meowma said I could PM a link to her Fuzzbook page, so I did.

P.S. - One of these April Fools Days, if I ever have enough typist time on hand, I'd like to create a honest to goodness Fuzzbook spoof, just as a lark. Membership guidelines: "four legs good, two legs bad". Also, it would have a hog named Napoleon as a site admin. big laugh
[notify]

» There has since been 193.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Boris

Purred: Sun Dec 4, '11 1:06am PST 
Meowma should post links to her Fuzzbook (I think that's what it's called?). That's where our newest photos go, seems like. Meowma has caught us being lazy on the bed, and took pictures of it. We would have managed to look flustered, but we didn't even know we were being filmed until it was too late.

Now that it's getting chilly outside, I like to hide in the comforter on meowma's bed, leaving only one paw out so to let her know I'm in there (The one time I didn't, she almost sat on me. eek). Meowma says it's supercute!

Gracie maligns the human kitten creature around here, but I think she's finally learned how to pet me gently. More to the point, yesterday I caught Gracie sitting by meowma, and the human kitten was right there. Gracie held her breath, but the kitten sort of figured out that Gracie was scared, and let her be. See, I told Gracie she could be trained. wink
[notify]

» There has since been 196.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Other Meows & Purrs > Training human kittens for fun and profit

Boris

Purred: Fri Nov 25, '11 1:40pm PST 
So mom went and got a human kitten creature. At first, it was pretty annoying, since mom would ignore me unless the kid was napping. And it's annoying when she body slams me now that she can crawl. Mom make sure this doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

But here's the conandrum... I am realizing something: this human kitten creature has potential. She's already pretty tall (half the size of mom), she has something called opposable thumbs that is supposed to make it easy to open cat food bags, and due to her young age, she's also pretty gullible.

Once she starts walking upright the way humans do (any day now *crosses fingers*), I could probably convince her to sneak me food (I'm on a diet right now cry). But how to accomplish that? I've tried letting her pet me and body slam me. So far, no good.

I'm not sure I'd be able to use mind control. I tried it on mom, and it didn't work. But maybe the creature is simpler, and therefore more prone to the power of suggestion ("Look at me. You are my slave. Now go, get the bag of cat food and spill it on the floor")?

Do any of you cats living with human kittens have any suggestions on how to train them to do your bidding??
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Boris, Nov 25 1:40 pm

Boris

Purred: Fri Nov 25, '11 12:58pm PST 
The humans had creamed spinach, stuffing, mashed potatoes and other stuff. Sadly no turkey. Mom had a paper due the night before TG, and did not feel up to cook a whole turkey, and dad said that if he was cooking the meat, he'd rather do something other than turkey. So they had bison. Giada liked most of the sides, but didn't care for bison (it's par for the course, kid doesn't like to chew).

We, of course, had tuna. Hmmmm! smile

After dinner I got into the mashed potatoes for just a second. Mom got mad, and said that I'm supposed to lose weight. I think I'm just fine the size I am [mom's note: we are looking a tinsy wee bit trimmer, the vet will be pleased].

Happy belated Thanksgiving, all!

P.S. Has anyone heard from Izzie, Joy and the Ohio crew lately?
[notify]

» There has since been 222.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Boris

Purred: Fri Nov 4, '11 4:08pm PST 
We are busy with a toddler. Mom has decided that to entice Giada to self feed, she's going to stop breastfeeding. It isn't going well. We're not sure what is going on, but we hear screaming. We don't dare go in the living room.

[mom's note: well, we had our first official toddler tantrum. Giada refused to eat her food (even though I gave her food she reliably eats), and when I got her out of her feeding chair she was grinning ear to ear, thinking she'd get breast milk. I gave her a sippy with cow's milk, and that's when the screaming started. She cried and cried in my lap, beating on me out of frustration, and finally once she was calm, she sipped some milk out of the sippy cup. She's now playing happily with her grandma. This was surprisingly hardest on my dad. He doesn't like hearing the granddaughter cry, but as her pediatrician pointed out, she's more than capable to feed herself by now, so her refusal to do so is just her being stubborn. Unlucky for her that her mom also happens to be stubborn.].
[notify]

» There has since been 245.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

Boris

Purred: Sun Oct 16, '11 12:51pm PST 
We've been around, but not had enough energy to post. Kid's been sick most of this weekend, she picked up gastroenteritis from another kid at daycare, and was pukey for the past 3 days. Then I got sick, really sick last night. I got dehydrated enough that the husband had to drive me to the emergency room last night so they could give me IV fluids. That was made extra fun by the screaming baby in my room (a very tired Giada), and the lady somewhere down the hall who kept screaming "Security! Security!" whenever the hubby stepped out with the baby to calm her down (we joked "You know our baby, she comes with her own knives, of course she's a security threat!" later, when I was feeling better). Not surprisingly, as soon as we got home after my discharge from the hospital, the husband became violently sick.

As a result, I really hate daycare. I know it's not their fault that working parents do leave their sick kidlets there sometimes to go to work (and pretend like the kids are just fine, because otherwise the daycare would not take them for the day), but I can't help but feel bad that I'm exposing my kid to so many germs (she's been sick every weekend since the end of September).

Oh, and it will probably be years until I am able to eat french fries again (see, I was just fine when I ate them; five hours later, not so much).
[notify]

» There has since been 289.8 posts. Last posting by ♥ Nina ♥ rehomed, Mon 3:41 pm

(Page 1 of 231: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.