Postings by ♥ Pete &hearts

GO!

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

Norwegian Forest Cat > Do you think i am a Wegie?
♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Mon Apr 6, '09 4:00pm PST 
I bet you're a Maine Coon, but I don't really know. Maybe you're both?? Wegies get very thick hair, it's a trait for it to be a double coat, the outside repels water and the inside is wooly and keeps you warm. In the winter, the coat is very thick and each winter my mane grows bigger and bigger. If you look at my pics, look in the photo album and you can see my progress. When spring comes, or when I get tired of it, I rip out my mane in giant chunks. This usually results in a spectacular Guiness Book sized hairball. You can see my prettiest one of you go deep enough. I started ripping this mane out in February. I realized my mistake too late and we've still got snow on the ground, but oh well. I've still go the rest of my winter coat. In the summer my fur is silky soft, though my first year it was very coarse, like a cotton ball. My under fur still feels like that. Hair that's too fine/soft in a show Wegie is a fault, but we're not show cats, eh? I don't know much about Coons. We both grow 4-5 years, so you could get big! Wegies have triangular heads and Coons are more square. Coons have smaller manes but get bigger. Wegies have longer rear legs, very powerful. Show Wegies have bigger tails than me, but that might be my Coon side. Coons have smaller tails. A show Wegie tail should touch the shoulder blades or better, the head. Ears are lined up on the side of the head, Coons are more straight up. Coons play fetch. I do NOT. Coons seem to be more lap catty, Wegies more independant. I think I'm a Wegie because I look exactly like a Norwegian Norwegian Forest Cat named Nurven. Dad thought Nurven's pictures were ME smile Nurven's mom says I look and run just like him. That's good enough for me, really. good luck!
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ Pete &hearts, Apr 6 4:00 pm

Norwegian Forest Cat > What is the difference between a wedgie and maine coon
♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Mon Apr 6, '09 3:51pm PST 
Hi Timmy,
What do you think of me? It's fun to look at other cats and see. I look like a Wegie who lives in Norway, his name is Nurven. Seems if I'm the spitting image of a real life Norwegian NFC then I probably am one. My MC furiend, Loki, thinks I look Coon or am both. You're still pretty young, so it will be interesting to see how you grow up. Here's cool things about Wegies ( I don't know if they fit Coons or not ). We like water and other animals. Not always lap cats but we like to be around our humans. Coons like to fetch. I do NOT like to fetch, as if. Wegies grow a massive mane, bigger than Coons, after their first winter. Then we rip it all out for summer and lose so much fur that you might think your Wegie is a short haired cat. No worries, it all grows back even thicker the next year. Look on my page and scroll to the Plus Photo Album. You can compare me this winter vs. last winter vs. my first winter. Wegies climb down trees head first, though I guess other cats can learn how, I taught Sid to do it too. I have a funny meow and am very smart. I do not get mats because I am a fastidious groomer and hack up hairballs that would make your human cringe. My coolest one is in my photo album though this years was over twice as big but not nearly as photogenic. Looked like a very long, very large, baby puke colored dog turd. Lovely, eh?

I hope you have fun looking, its the best part.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ Pete &hearts, Apr 6 3:51 pm

Norwegian Forest Cat > what about me? am i a wegie?

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Mon Apr 6, '09 3:44pm PST 
Hi Jabba,
Just because your big doesn't mean you're a dominant cat, does it! You're sure cute. I'm a rescue cat, so mom doesn't really know what I am. My friend, Nurven, a Wegie in Norway, told mom I looked just like him, and she said that again when she saw my snow pics. Other furiends think I'm a Coon. I like the idea of being a Wegie, so I say I am. My traits fit what we read for Wegies. Maybe I'm really a bit of both, as my furiend Loki thinks. At any rate, I agree to look at other furs and read. I have seen comments about funny voices in Wegie materials and I have a very funny voice. Mom laughs when I talk to her but I'm serious! I only talk if its really important so she should stop laughing! Humans can be exasperating but so adorable.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by , May 12 1:19 pm

Norwegian Forest Cat > Nose freckles

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Mon Apr 6, '09 3:38pm PST 
Hi there,
Freckles are nothing to worry about! I have a whole bunch and I get more every day. I even have them inside my mouth! They are very common in red/ginger cats and not just Wegies get them. My brofur, John, was a ginger boy who just kept getting more and more each year. At 16 he even had enough freckles that it was like he had eye liner! Mom hopes I eventually get those, too.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by ♥ Pete &hearts, Apr 6 3:38 pm

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Hooray! It’s the Annual Wilson J Scooter & Baci Valentine Soiree - In Paris FURance!

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 1:19pm PST 
Okay, time for the big shopping trip for Princess Cilantro's engagement present. I'm looking for an emerald tiara. Any furs want to come along and help me pick one out? I need some help!
[notify]

» There has since been 307 posts. Last posting by Cap'n Wil Scooter, Feb 16 5:45 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > Hooray! It’s the Annual Wilson J Scooter & Baci Valentine Soiree - In Paris FURance!
♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 9:41am PST 
***Petie listens on his pawphone***

Oops, sorry guy, sounds like our typist is late for work. We're signing off but still up for having fun! Just bring us along if you go anywhere.
[notify]

» There has since been 345 posts. Last posting by Cap'n Wil Scooter, Feb 16 5:45 am

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 9:34am PST 
Looks like Sarah's gone off flirting with Mumtatz and Guido and didn't hear you. I've got Sid's leash today and Bear brought me a spare. Beignet, let me get you. Popcorn & Feather will be very mad if we lose you!
[notify]

» There has since been 351 posts. Last posting by Cap'n Wil Scooter, Feb 16 5:45 am

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 9:29am PST 
Hi Snoop! Hey what's with the kitten, I thought you couldn't risk losing him in Paris... Change your mind???
[notify]

» There has since been 354 posts. Last posting by Cap'n Wil Scooter, Feb 16 5:45 am

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 9:26am PST 
Wilson, sir, sorry, sir! I'll behave myself tonight, sir, no alcohol for 24 hours before the flight so last night was my only opportunity to party. I hope you don't mind, sir!
[notify]

» There has since been 357 posts. Last posting by Cap'n Wil Scooter, Feb 16 5:45 am

♥- Pete &hearts

Open the Door!

Purred: Sat Feb 14, '09 9:20am PST 
**waking up, shaking his head a bit to clear his thoughts**
**and laughing, but not too hard**

Jolan, Sid is always like that. Sigh. It's great when I want to play and in hindsight I glad he's like that. He was literally bouncing off the walls before me, that's why mom went looking for a fourth cat! I should be grateful!
[notify]

» There has since been 361 posts. Last posting by Cap'n Wil Scooter, Feb 16 5:45 am

(Page 1 of 4: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.