Postings by Baltster 1990 ~ 2011

GO!

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

Grooming > Any tips on preventing mats?
Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Winks, to the- ladies, Iz still- got it

Purred: Mon Feb 10, '14 4:01am PST 
Tough one, I had to have Balty shaved when I couldn't get the mats out. It would be too painful for him if I combed him. frown
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Claude Hoppurr, Feb 19 6:58 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Tambolina is dying.....
Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Purred: Fri Jan 10, '14 8:09pm PST 
That's so sad many purrs from the other side of the world
[notify]

» There has since been 11 posts. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Feb 27 7:13 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > My cat is very funny!

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Purred: Fri Jan 10, '14 8:06pm PST 
I'm surprised you have anything left on your selveslaugh out loud cute kitty and it's cool it can open doors on it's own.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Apr 2 3:42 am

Senior Cats > Momma's Kind of Nervous

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Purred: Tue Sep 4, '12 1:23pm PST 
I'm glad it all went well as I was going to suggest if it was possible to do it while you were awake. We had a vet that wanted to sedate me too, so the human took me to another vet clinic that was happy to shave me while I was just sitting there in a consult. It was done while the human was holding me. I have to admit I preferred that too. As the years went on, the more they took off me. I was almost bald on my last shave laugh out loud
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Ben, Angel Dreamboat,#39-1987-, Sep 9 5:49 am

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > Cartoon reruns

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Purred: Wed Aug 8, '12 12:36pm PST 
I always wondered where all the pens went. YES!!!! it happens here too the pens disappear off the desk. shock Though I do find a fair few on the floor, maybe they don't quite find their way to the tradie.
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Fearless , Sep 4 1:49 pm

Senior Cats > is it time
Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Purred: Wed Aug 1, '12 3:41pm PST 
Who knows I also had that problem and had to leave Balty at a cattery which wasn't his favourite place. I also wondered if he'll make it and I also didn't want his last days to be miserable. 2 years ago when I had to go away for work I said to the cattery I understand if he doesn't make it and we arranged what they should do with the body if that happened cry But he was there when we went to pick them all up. Again a year later we had the same deal with the cattery we were shocked he was STILL around a year later. AND again he was there when we got back but it was only a few days but still he was there. You never know. If you put them down, it's something you can't go back on and it's something you don't want to have any regrets. I know it's hard. But sometimes it's easier to look into their eyes and ask yourself do they look ready. If not, wait. Just put a plan in place if something happens what your daughter should do. Be prepared as you don't want to go away feeling guilty either thinking If you intend on burying them in the garden it may be good to dig the hole and cover it before you leave. So you don't feel like you are leaving it all to your daughter. You may be pleasantly surprise and your kitty may live for another year. If you intend to have them cremated give your daughter the number to ring for collection. Once again it may not be needed. Have a good holiday, I know it won't be easy either way.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by , Aug 2 5:13 am

Food & Nutrition > Can't afford canned food anymore... $60/monthly budget to feed 3 cats, help?

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Purred: Sun Jul 29, '12 12:48pm PST 
Out of curiosity thinking If you get stuck and you only have dry food. If the cats want wet and you need food with moisture can you soak their daily food in warm water and then put it through a blender?
I know they are filled with junk but I've seen many cats live into their very late teens on cheap cat food.
To be honest Balty was fed for many years on cheap cat food/biscuits before the human realised there was better food out there. He lived to 21 and he never suffered from urinary problems. Funny enoughlaugh out loud Raza ,Sam, and D all DO have urinary problems and are on restricted diets and they have been feed the best food we can find here for them all their lives. Sam and D are Raza's kittens so I assume it runs in families. Sam and D only eat dry food but Raza eats wet (their preferred option). But it doesn’t seem to make a difference to them on how susceptible they are to urinary problems. What I've noticed it seems stress is a major cause with these guys.
[notify]

» There has since been 13 posts. Last posting by Scooter, Aug 29 11:12 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Fly high my baby girl.

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Purred: Wed Jul 25, '12 2:49pm PST 
We had the same problem too. But it was the not been able to stand was the deciding point with us too. Many purrs you did the right thing.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Batfink, Jul 26 12:39 pm

Cat Health > Outdoor Cats? Why?

Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Purred: Mon Jun 11, '12 4:11pm PST 
I was an indoor outdoor kittysmile and I lived to 21
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Maple, Jul 11 10:31 pm

Senior Cats > Unsure of what to do...
Baltster- 1990 ~ 2011

Purred: Thu Jun 7, '12 3:31pm PST 
I think it depends on what kind of job you will be doing in the military. My humans were in the airforce. They lived off base and at the time had flatmates. So there were no problems if they had to go away for a little while. Though I have to admit the longest the human female was away was only 6 months. She was in the airforce for 9 years. But.... I have to admit it was cheaper to live in barracks, but ..... no kittycry You will have a recruit course so you will defiantly need to find someone to look after them for at least the first 6 months to a year until you get all your training under your belt. It's just an ideathinking Is there someone you can ring? Maybe you can ring the base and ask to speak to someone in the job you are going to be doing. Ask them for some info on what is required for the job the training how long you will be away and do people live off base in this job.

When the humans were in they would sometimes have people ring or even some would go into work (on base) and laugh out loud One acted like they (the humans) were getting an interview to see if we were good enough for themlaugh out loud It was funny, they did join and the human did get to work with them, they were a laughlaugh out loud
Also, when the human female worked down in Antarctica she was working with a few people from the US Navy. They also had houses off base and had either flatmates or husband/wives living at home looking after their families.
So it may not be that badthinking
Good luck I hope it goes well and you enjoy it.

It's a shame the human doesn't have a photo of me and her in uniform
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Delyte, Dark Angel, at Bridge, Jun 8 6:21 pm

(Page 1 of 10: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.