Postings by Mickey (Angel Dreamboat #22)

GO!

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

Cat Health > Feline Asthma
Mickey- (Angel- Dreamboat- #22)

Bigger is better

Purred: Wed Jun 2, '10 10:44am PST 
Hi TT! Yes, I adjusted to the AeroKat spacer and mask pretty easily. It's a lot easier than trying to get oral meds down me!
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ♥ TT ♥, Jun 2 6:59 pm

Cat Health > Feline Asthma

Bigger is better

Purred: Fri May 28, '10 9:36pm PST 
Mickey had asthma too. Inhalers are the preferred method of treating asthma as prednisone and oral meds can have bad side effects, especially long term. Yes, Flovent is expensive... but I got Mickey's inhalers through a Canadian International mail order pharmacy and paid about 1/4 of what I'd have to pay in the US. If any cat is interested they can p-mail me for the links to the pharmacy I used as well as the AeroKat spacer and mask system. Getting his inhalers that way I found to be about the same as oral meds - and in his case, the inhalers worked much better to control his asthma.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by ♥ TT ♥, Jun 2 6:59 pm

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Bigger is better

Purred: Fri Apr 9, '10 8:50am PST 
This is Mickey's Mom. Mickey started going down hill again last night. I brought him in to my vet this morning who confirmed that his kidneys were swollen, he was in pain, and that there was nothing more we could do for him. I pretty much knew that already so I make the difficult decision to send him to the Bridge. He passed away in my arms this morning. He was 14 years old.
[notify]

» There has since been -15287.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Get Well Soon > Hazel Lucy's List for Kitties in Need of Purrs

Bigger is better

Purred: Fri Apr 2, '10 9:53pm PST 
Thank you to every cat who purred for me! I'm feeling better today. My appetite is still not good and Mom's had to syringe force feed me a couple times. But I'm perkier, moving around and acting interested in my surroundings instead of laying in my cat bed looking depressed, lethargic, and miserable. I slept with Mom in bed last night which I don't do if I'm not feeling well. Mom was shown how to do sub-q fluids at home and we will do that by ourselves for the first time Sat. Mom is really hoping we can keep me feeling good for a while. With CRF this will happen again and Mom doesn't want to put me through much more. I HATE going to the vet and I'm embarrassed to say I'm not exactly a great patient.
[notify]

» There has since been -15261.8 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, May 31 7:55 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > burned out

Bigger is better

Purred: Sun Mar 21, '10 11:21am PST 
I don't know if I could do rescue work for those reasons. It would be very difficult not to lose your patience and temper with some people. I completely understand you feeling burned out. Maybe you just need to take a break for a while? I can understand if you can't do it anymore though. Still, there are lots of cats out there who need rescues and people like you. It does seem like cats have it worse than dogs. More people are willing to foster dogs or adopt adult dogs. Cats just don't seem to have as many people on their side.
[notify]

» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Munky, Apr 20 9:22 pm

Cat Health > Kittens first, then spay?

Bigger is better

Purred: Mon Feb 8, '10 10:27pm PST 
No, that is an old wives tale and myth. A cat does NOT need to have a litter of kittens. Spaying before the first heat cycle greatly decreases the chances of breast cancer. Spaying at any age will eliminate annoying heat cycles and eliminate or reduce her chances of various "female problems" such as breast cancer, uterine cancer, and pyometra (a life threatening uterine infection). Not to mention that kittens are a HUGE responsibility and expense. Some cats occasionally do have birthing complications such as needing C-sections. Consider too, that each kitten brought into the word takes away a home from a cat or kitten in already crowded shelters (and could later end up in a shelter themselves). Please don't hesitate to schedule a spay appointment and discuss any further concerns with your vet.
[notify]

» There has since been 31 posts. Last posting by Lola, Mar 12 12:36 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > how many of u kitties where adopted from a shelter?

Bigger is better

Purred: Fri Nov 20, '09 5:52pm PST 
I was adopted from a shelter. I had been thrown out of a moving car when I was 3 months old. A kind witness stopped and brought me to the shelter where Mom adopted me a month later. I also lost part of my tail in an unknown incident before Mom adopted me and had to have surgery as it didn't heal right. I'm now 13 years old.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Lily and Shadow, Jan 2 3:47 pm

Cat Health > How old is \"old\"?

Bigger is better

Purred: Wed Jul 22, '09 10:01pm PST 
The average life expectancy of a well cared for indoor cat was considered 12-15 years... but with advances in veterinary medicine, ect. the average life expectancy has increased to 15-18 years. Many factors contribute to life expectancy such as genetics, indoor only, regular good veterinary care, and high quality diet. Cats are usually considered "seniors" when they are about 10 years old.
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Beatrice (Miss You! '94-'12), Jul 24 2:44 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > I get to stay with my Foster Daddy!

Bigger is better

Purred: Sat Feb 28, '09 5:13pm PST 
Congratulations on officially getting your forever home!
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Pepi, Mar 7 8:23 am

Other Meows & Purrs > My Mom\'s INSANE!!!

Bigger is better

Purred: Sun Nov 30, '08 1:42pm PST 
That's great your Mom decided to adopt this older dog! Yes, now your Mom might have to consider adopting an older cat now too! MOL! Bless your mom though - senior dogs and cats usually are not lucky enough to find a home.

No, your Mom is not crazy. There are 3 of us cats here, but if Mom could she'd save them all. She and a friend would love to start a rescue, but just don't have the resources, time, and money.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Izadore (Izzie), Dec 2 6:33 am

(Page 1 of 13: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.