Close X

Postings by Mr D - D'boat #19

GO!

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > MOO BOO CLUB - IN LOVING MEMORY OF BOO (2002 ~ 2015)
Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Fri Jun 24, '16 3:56am PST 
D loves hedgehogs but they are in hibernation at the moment.
[notify]

» There has since been 163 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Today 3:56 am

Party Time & Virtual Play Dates > MOO BOO CLUB - IN LOVING MEMORY OF BOO (2002 ~ 2015)
Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Thu Jun 23, '16 3:21am PST 
I'm back and I think everyone's gone again wave thanks for the warm welcome purrs Mr D and hi everyone.wave the human just got in from work and it's 10:20 pm here. Well have to try and check back later when everyone's here. I'll also have to catch up one what everyone's up to purrs for now
[notify]

» There has since been 189 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Today 3:56 am

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Mon Jun 20, '16 10:31pm PST 
Is anyone aloud to join in here wavethinkingbig grinwave
[notify]

» There has since been 200 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Today 3:56 am

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > bladder stone diet

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Mon Apr 18, '16 5:37am PST 
Thanks BK we do have wet food down every night for Raza but her kittens Sam and D (now 10 years) have never touched the stuff. I don't know why they won't eat it. It's kind of weird.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Apr 27 7:59 pm

Home Prepared Food & Recipes > bladder stone diet

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Sat Apr 16, '16 11:55pm PST 
I have question this for many years and still feel I do not have the answers.
Mr D, Sam and Raza have all had UTI and I have them all on Hill C/D or Royal Canin S/O BTW there is a new Hills (fish out and they are loving it) I hope it's ok????thinking

They started on this diet almost 8 years ago and been on it since. Mr D did have a UTI last year after we were away for 5 weeks, leaving the cats with a house sitter. I'm not sure if he was given anything outside his normal diet. Anyway after two weeks I notice he was showing signs of a UTI. I went to the vets for antibiotics I was given Metacam. I have heard that can be a problem but the vet thought it would be ok so he had a course of that.

Anyway 2 weeks after that there were more problems, nobody knows if it was the metacam but he blocked with stones in both his ureters. We were very lucky to catch it and we were also lucky where we took him. There was a vet that had done that procedure before oversea and was willing to remove the stones.

Anyway there was more but fast forward to me questioning his food and why he blocked.

The old Hills really was for the crystals were D actually had calcium Oxalate stones. But a few years ago they changed the formula to be more natural as far as I know, so it is suitable for both types. So I'm not sure if the old type aggravated his symptoms.

Anyway I wondered why he had the problem, was I feeding him the right kind of food????. I started looking into raw but that was a risk as I read so much about what can be feed and what can't be.
There was quite a bit of contradiction out there, I found it very confusing. Good luck if you can get to the bottom of it.

D won't eat anything wet and I after discussing with he vets I decided to keep to the hills and Royal canin food. While he was getting over all the surgery.
I was so confused I'm still just feeding him those biscuits one year on from the major surgery.

He has just had another ultrasound, I know he still has stones in his kidneys and bladder. But he also shows signs of calcium in his blood now. Is this why he had the stones in his bladder? They are now taking Lymphoma. I supposes we don't know enough, why???? is the stones forming in the first place.

What I'm saying Is...... I have no idea,

I know this may not help you, but I was just letting you know there are others out there just as confused D's been on that food for almost 8 years now and still here so that maybe one thing that is good.

I wish you the best
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Athena (In Memory), Apr 27 7:59 pm

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Kally Kat is an Angel now. September 18th 2007 - April 8th 2016
Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Tue Apr 12, '16 10:31pm PST 
I tried to make you an animated white winged photo but I'm having trouble uploading it. Sorryfrown
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Angel ♥Kally Kat♥, May 16 7:26 pm

Cat Health > bladder stone surgery

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Tue Apr 12, '16 1:08pm PST 
Yes Mr D has had blockages removed from both his Ureters (the lines that go from the kidneys to the bladder) and then he had the PU surgery.

Where are the bladder stones? Are they only in the bladder or in the kidneys too? and do you know what kind they are. One thing that is good if they do remove them, they can be tested. Then you will know what you are dealing with, and how you can treat it. Also if they are too big they can block the system.

I'm in no way an expert as I'm also finding it's trial and error. Questioning..... is it a good idea, what is the best outcome for your kitty.

Mr D also has a stone in the bladder. Not sure at what stage it got there but it was picked up in the follow up ultrasound after the other surgery.

We will only monitor it at this stage. I think he has bigger fish to fry at the moment.

It's now been a year since he had all the surgeries, He seems really happy and like a normal kitty. I know he has something else now. But I won't full up your post with it.

I understand your questions, and I agree surgery is a worry but also might be lifesaving too. All the best with it.

Purrs from our family.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by Osinka, Apr 15 6:54 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Kally Kat is an Angel now. September 18th 2007 - April 8th 2016

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Tue Apr 12, '16 12:46pm PST 
hug big hug it's been a week but I'm sure it feels like only yesterday. purrs for your family. I do hope you are having a ball with your new and old friends at the bridge. I know many would have been there to meet you.
One of the things I like about Catster. You are never forgotten and live on in spirit. Also I'm pretty sure you will have plenty of wings to try out. White ones, coloured ones, big ones and small ones, I hope you have fun with them. purrs to you furry friend.
[notify]

» There has since been 10 posts. Last posting by Angel ♥Kally Kat♥, May 16 7:26 pm

Cat Health > New IDEXX SDMA Test To Detect Kidney Disease Sooner

Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Tue Apr 12, '16 12:07pm PST 
Thank you so much for the post it's a really good timing for me. We will look into it eek
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Mr D - D'boat #19, Apr 12 12:07 pm

Catster Lifestyle, News & Entertainment > My sister has gone mad
Mr D - D'boat #19

Yikes!

Purred: Thu Feb 18, '16 1:26am PST 
OMC really Sundance that's funny.laugh out loud So other cats behave the same waybig grin She will be so happy to know she is not weird. I wonder if they react when someone walks passed their cage smelling of strong perfumethinking
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by ♥Sam, Mar 9 12:55 pm

(Page 1 of 35: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  [Last 10 entry]  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.