Postings by Gizmo (In Memory, 2013)

GO!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

Food & Nutrition > Food troubles.
Gizmo (In- Memory,- 2013)

She was truly- THE FIGHTER.

Purred: Wed May 9, '07 3:22am PST 
I had no idea that Menu Foods made California Natural! It's going straight out of here tomorrow morning as a result--I'd not trust those people with anything, even though Cal Natural has not caused any harm to Gizmo.
Thanks for the heads-up!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by SAMMY, Aug 17 7:27 pm

Food & Nutrition > Food troubles.

Purred: Thu May 3, '07 6:17pm PST 
I eat Nature's Logic Rabbit Dinner dry food. It has no rice, corn, or wheat in it (there is some millet, all produced in the USA), it is full of vitamins derived from natural sources, and it is yummy! I am sleek and playful and have a very high energy level. Mummy says it saved my life.
Mummy almost LOST my life when she was trying to do me a kindness. She bought some of the Natural Balance Venison and Green Pea dryfood about three weeks ago. I ate it quickly but immediately became ill and vomited it up. I then went and cried loudly by the container with my regular food. Mummy figured I just wasn't able to digest the peas...but that food was recalled for poisoning two weeks later! Luckily, I appear to be doing fine, but it was a close call. Mummy has decided that I will eat the Nature's Logic Rabbit Dinner for the forseeable future, though I also have California Natural Herring and Sweet Potato flavour food available.
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by SAMMY, Aug 17 7:27 pm

Cat Health > Gassy problem/question!

Purred: Fri Jan 19, '07 2:47am PST 
It's your food, sweetie. You are allergic to something that you are eating.

I'd first ditch the corn and wheat. Cheap cat foods have high carb content and we cats do not need them at all.
Ask your mum to get a good midpriced brand like California Natural that has no wheat or corn--just rice. I packed on an entire pound eating that and still had allergies and gas...so my vet switched me to rabbit. Now, while my poos don't smell like roses, they don't clear out the house either!

Start slow. Get rid of the corn and wheat and make sure that your food has MEAT for its main ingredient. I'd avoid beef and possibly fish.

Also, if you are eating wet food, your deposits may be a little more fragrant than the dry food eaters' like me.

If your food smells, then so will the results! Just a thought.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Jasper, Jan 19 9:06 am

Grooming > polydactyl cats and coloring

Purred: Fri Jan 19, '07 2:42am PST 
Some of the first cats to come to America with the English settlers were polydactyls. Apparently this means that there are more on the USA's East coast than anywhere else.

My neighbours have a calico cat who is polydactyl. The gene is not color or sex-linked; it can occur in any color pattern.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by Gabielle, May 18 7:45 pm

Food & Nutrition > Natural Balance - or - Felidae?

Purred: Fri Jan 19, '07 2:40am PST 
Gizmo has food allergies to chicken and dairy so some of those foods did not suit her.

Felidae was the only brand she dumped on the floor in disgust. She eats Natural Balance tuna for the occasional treat and LOVES California Natural Herring and Sweet Potato.

I think the Natural Balance will be good for your family's varied ages.

Gizmo's main food is Nature's Logic, which I think is the best, hands down. They make a chicken food in can and dry and also Rabbit (which Gizmo eats and thrives on.)
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Chloe Jane, Jan 23 1:48 pm

Behavior & Training > Funny nicknames for poses, parts and catitudes?

Purred: Fri Jan 19, '07 2:32am PST 
Sagwa, that is also very funny!

If wishes came true from rubbing cat tummies, there'd be no homeless cats!
[notify]

» There has since been 28 posts. Last posting by Baby Girl , Feb 28 12:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Funny nicknames for poses, parts and catitudes?

Purred: Thu Jan 18, '07 3:22am PST 
When I flop on my side and don't want to move, I'm 'cat jello' or 'liquid kitty'.
[notify]

» There has since been 30 posts. Last posting by Baby Girl , Feb 28 12:38 pm

Behavior & Training > Eating toys?

Purred: Thu Jan 18, '07 3:20am PST 
You can get a rabbit tail that is shaped like a poof at any Petco store.
Gizmo eats her furry 'mice' (actually mink or rabbit fur made into a ball) and is none the worse for it.

I'd definitely give up the 'poofs'.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gizmo (In Memory, 2013), Jan 18 3:20 am

Laws & Legislation > FLUSHING CAT LITTER = DEATH TO SEA OTTERS

Purred: Thu Jan 18, '07 3:18am PST 
The sea otter deaths are due to California's lamentable record of dumping raw sewage into the ocean. I've seen it drifting right off Santa Monica Beach.

Now on the more practical side: cat poop CAN be composted. It just cannot be used on food crops. If you have a garden, the composted cat poo will be a good fertilizer.
There are websites that sell the composting materials. and it would be a very good idea to use the organic cat litter!
[notify]

» There has since been 4 posts. Last posting by Indiana, May 16 1:18 pm

Food & Nutrition > Brushing Kitty\'s Teeth

Purred: Mon Jan 15, '07 10:21am PST 
I hated the CET toothpaste but loved the "Logic" toothpaste that Mummy imported from England. She uses a wee cat toothbrush--the one that is about 1/2" long and 1/4" wide, NOT the round one intended for bigger-mouthed dogs! and it's almost a pleasant experience for both of us.
We once tried a spray from Canada that tasted so bad I jumped nearly five feet in the air to get away from it--and frequently puked afterward--shh so the Logic gel toothpaste is a great improvement.
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Gizmo (In Memory, 2013), Jan 15 10:21 am

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.