Postings by Athena

GO!

Laws & Legislation > Cats dissected in high school class rooms

Athena

A clean cat is a- happy cat!

Purred: Fri Jun 8, '07 12:17pm PST 
Upon searching.... there are MANY more kids on video making a joke out of dissecting. I can't watch NO MORE frown
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Jun 8 10:32 pm

Athena

Purred: Mon May 14, '07 5:55pm PST 
Sapphire's mom- There will be NO hatefull response from this cat wink. I do agree with most of what you said.... all but the part where I am just as much an animal as a frog..... yuck laugh out loudlaugh out loudlaugh out loud. I do agree with dissection if you are in vet school......... just wish the cats where from shelters that are already euthanized. I know all to much about the amount of stray cats outside...... I see them everywhere..... but
Byron and I are'nt allowed outside. The major thing was the lack of compassion from her..... she was saying how cool it was and laughing about how she cut it open and how she HATED cats. We just think that high school students are not mature enough for dissecting. And I applaud your mom for her rules in her class.
[notify]

» There has since been 14 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Jun 8 10:32 pm

Athena

Purred: Mon May 14, '07 12:26pm PST 
Hey Bambi,
I didn't say the school was breeding the cats. I also didn't explain what she meant about they are breed for that.... sorry. I did check out Frey and if you type in cat in their site search..... they sell all kinds of cats. Where does Frey get their cats...... probably breed for them to sell.
[notify]

» There has since been 17 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Jun 8 10:32 pm

Athena

Purred: Fri May 4, '07 10:57am PST 
Winnie- I see your point. But this girl is not in vet school or nursing school. She is in high school. She is taking a nursing class, but I don't think she or the majority of students in high school are mature enough to handle that. I'm sure there are some very mature kids in high school that will do this for learning only...... but the way she was callus about it and found it fun how she cut them open and stuff rubbed mommy the wrong way.

Buda- I agree!! The maturity level is NOT there in high school to be able to deal with that stuff properly.
[notify]

» There has since been 36 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Jun 8 10:32 pm

Athena

Purred: Fri May 4, '07 7:11am PST 
Here is the link to the law: http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute& Search_String=&URL=Ch1003/Sec47.HTM
You'll have to cut and paste..... mommy doesn't know how to make it that you can click on the link, sorry. Maybe me and mommy read it wrong.... but it says nonliving mammals...... so that means dogs too?
[notify]

» There has since been 41 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Jun 8 10:32 pm

Athena

Purred: Fri May 4, '07 7:01am PST 
Tigga- It's Jupiter High School in Jupiter, Florida.

Maddy- I agree with you on cats that have come from shelters that have been euthanized..... I can handle that better than just breeding for the purpose of dissecting.

Winnie- I can see if it was a college student in vet school. She is in high school..... she is in a nursing class but not sure if that went along with that class...... and if she is becomeing a nurse... why should she be dissecting a CAT.... wouldn't you do a human who has donated their body when they die just for that purpose?

Arthur- Tahnks for those links..... I'm going to check them out now.

I guess the real issue was how immature she was about telling mommy. She was laughing and enjoying the fact of how she dissected them..... oh mommy's tummy is turning. I think mommy is going to talk to her bosses about it..... do you kitties think that would be a good idea? I think her mom would be upset.... her dad like I said is a hunter and doesn't view animals like we do. My mommy is also looking to email the school and school board. Mommy just needs to watch how she approaches this because she doesn't want to get fired or something like that. Her bosses are really good people and so are their kids..... just their daughter is a little immature..... and she's 18 and graduating... YIKES!!! frown
[notify]

» There has since been 42 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Jun 8 10:32 pm

Athena

Purred: Thu May 3, '07 12:04pm PST 
Well Cleopatra..... I looked at Animallaw.com under florida and it's legal crycrycry. Why can't they stick to toads.... we have plenty that mommy and daddy have to kill (sorry for any toad lover) in our yard because my dog sister likes to catch them and they make her act wierd and could kill her and my dog brother. Shock has worn off mommy and anger is setting in. My mommy is going to talk to her boss (girls mom) about what she told me. Mommy wouldn't be so mad at the girl but the girl was laughing and such. Her mom is an animal lover and will be sickened by how her duaghter acted. Mommies other boss (girls dad) is a hunter. But he eats what he hunts. I'm just sickened at the school for allowing such silencedsilencedsilenced to go on. I also found a video on PETA's website about how schools get their animals but is wasn't working right.

Deuce- Give your mommy a big tickle kitty kiss for standing for what she believes in. My mommy had to dissect in her science class (which she graduated high school in 94)....shhhhh don't tell her I let the cat out of the bag MOL smile!!!!! They only had frogs back then and she refused to even do them.

Oh kitties..... lets put or paws together and pray stuff like this will stop.
[notify]

» There has since been 62 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Jun 8 10:32 pm

Athena

Purred: Thu May 3, '07 11:03am PST 
My mommy is SICK to her tummy. She was just talking to her bosses oldest daughter and she was telling mommy she dissected a cat today in anatomy class..... A CAT. Mommy has heard of frogs...... but CATS!!!!!! shockshockshock My mommy almost lost her lunch. She also went on to tell her they also had a pig uterus full of baby pigs. She was laughing and such till mommy told her to stop talking about it. Mommy asked what she would do if her dog was killed so kids could cut them open in class..... she said "Pooch isn't breed for that"..... she also went to tell mommy she hates cats. Mommy was so shocked. How can they let this happen. I asked where the school got the cats and she said they are breed just for that purpose. crycrycrycrycry Mommy doesn't know what to do. There isn't a law against that? Mommy is going to do some research on this once she comes out of shock. I'm going to go give mommy a massage to ease some tension. RROOOAARRRR...... we're angry!!!!
[notify]

» There has since been 66 posts. Last posting by Catster HQ, Jun 8 10:32 pm

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.