Postings by MAGGIE MAY(in loving memory)

GO!

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

Cat Health > EXCESSIVE water dripping from kittys mouth
MAGGIE- MAY(in- loving- memory)

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 9:29am PST 
Could be calicivirus...or maybe he ate something poinsonous. Don't wait...see the vet ASAP
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by MAGGIE MAY(in loving memory), Nov 23 9:29 am

Cat Health > FELV Question

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 9:10am PST 
Wow! I'm nervous. We are strying to help out a stray. He tested negative but they told us we need to test him again at 8-12 weeks to make sure. So you are saying that it could still come out years later???shock
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by MAGGIE MAY(in loving memory), Nov 23 9:10 am

Raw Food Diet > Feeder Rats

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 3:16am PST 
I feel bad for the rats! Thats awful. cry
[notify]

» There has since been 6 posts. Last posting by BeBe, Dec 16 10:01 pm

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Tue Nov 23, '10 3:10am PST 
bumpfrown
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by MAGGIE MAY(in loving memory), Nov 23 9:10 am

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Mon Nov 22, '10 7:17pm PST 
If a cat was tested for FELV & FIV and tested Negative, the vet also said to test again in 6-8 weeks to be sure. I know a lot about FIV, but not much about FELV. How long do you quarantine a cat after the two tests come out negative? Is there still a chance that he could have it?
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by MAGGIE MAY(in loving memory), Nov 23 9:10 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Question about rescues

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Sat Nov 20, '10 2:04pm PST 
hug Thank you all. We have been to the vet three times with him in two weeks. Our pockets are a lot lighter! The last visit the vet thinks he had calicivirus. It seems like he is more alert now & even plays with us. He chases a ball & the string toy. However, he now has diarrhea! He had fleas..gave him FrontLine & Clavamox for the virus. What could be causing the diarrhea? Is it Clavamox? We called the vet & of course...no call back! Now we have to wait until Monday. Because he's a stray, what other tests should I have them do? He will need to be neutered, but because its been two weeks of him being sick, I didn't want him to go through it yet. Also, he stepped in poo & now its on his tail & paws. Can I give him a bath? Any tips? I just feel so bad for him.
[notify]

» There has since been 1 post. Last posting by BK, Nov 21 11:04 am

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Kitty is looking for a forever home.....

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Wed Nov 10, '10 5:39pm PST 
Great news!cheer
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by MAGGIE MAY(in loving memory), Nov 10 5:39 pm

Rescue, Adoption & Happy Endings > Question about rescues

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Wed Nov 10, '10 5:38pm PST 
We just rescued a cat off the street. I noticed that when we first go to pet him, he cowers just a bit. He is so quiet in his room and mostly stays in one place all day. What can I do to help him feel safer? He has a little hiding post & he does use it sometimes. All 3 of my cats are very active & compete for attention. I never had one this shy before, so I want to be sure that I help him to adjust too. He lets us pick him up and will jump on our laps on his own. He seems content just sitting on our lap. Is there anything that we should be doing for him? We talk to him, brush him, and tried playing...he isn't interested. I just feel bad and want him to feel like its OK. He's only been here 4 days. How long do stray/rescues take to adjust?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by BK, Nov 21 11:04 am

Cat Health > Is it Ringworm?

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Mon Jun 28, '10 3:57pm PST 
Big problem at my house & I can't eat because I am worried sick. We just adopted a 2 year old cat that's foster mom is dying(so sad). So we bring her home & tried slowly to introduce her to our other cats. Marley was only with her for a half hour. So I see her biting her back & pulling hair out of this one spot today. So, I freaked & tried to research ringworm. It doesn't look red, but just a dry patch. So, to be sure, I took her to the vet. Our vet shined a lamp on it & said it is not glowing which if it was ringworm, it would be. Then she tells us, to be 100% sure, we need to do a $100 follicle test that will take 3 weeks! Well, we go away in 3 weeks on vacation! And if its positive, we will have to treat all the cats. She said to keep her separate from the others. Well, Marley was already with her & we wanted to introduce them before we left! She said that it could be an allergy that's food related or stress(she has been to 3 homes in 2 weeks) Any advice? I am just so stressed about this!
[notify]

» There has since been 9 posts. Last posting by Milo, Jul 9 2:32 am

Saying Goodbye: Memorials & Support > Saying goodbye to my angel

I'm the- Princess!

Purred: Fri Apr 9, '10 4:07pm PST 
I just loss my Maggie who was only 6 two weeks ago. I am still crying over her because she was such a sweet cat. She stayed by my side when I had cancer. I feel your pain.hug
[notify]

» There has since been 0 posts. Last posting by MAGGIE MAY(in loving memory), Apr 9 4:07 pm

(Page 1 of 17: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.