Postings by Daisy

GO!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

Cats & Travel > How can I help the stres from moving
Daisy

I love my mom- like a fat kid- loves cake.

Purred: Mon Apr 6, '09 2:44pm PST 
Hi everyone, Daisy's mom here. Daisy just moved in yesterday to a new home. I'm really worried about her because she's displaying some odd behavior. Like today, the cable man came and she got so scared that she hid in her litter box (she's never done this before). Also when she hears the neighbors coming, she starts freaking out and wants to find places to hide. This is weird behavior from her because we lived in an apartment building before and she never freaked out when she heard neighbors. But the thing that worries me the most is she has not used her litter box in 24 hours. Granted she has not eaten much except for a few bites. I've tried to make her as comfortable as possible and let her explore at her own pace. I even bought the Feliway diffuser and plugged it into walls. Do I need to just give her time or is there anything I can do to help? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Baghira (In loving memory), Apr 10 10:50 pm

Food & Nutrition > Food allergies
Daisy

Purred: Tue Aug 19, '08 5:12pm PST 
Hi Lucy,

Daisy had horrible food allergies that started when I adopted her at 3 months. She had both problems with her stomach and skin problems from the allergies (she was balding). The vet put her on a prescription diet but I didn't like the ingredients. There is a holistic pet food store that I go to and after much work, as Daisy is a very picky eater too, she eats the canned Natural Balance Venison and Green Pea. I also give her a little bit of the dry Natural Balance Duck and Green Pea as a treat (she won't go near the dry Venison ones). Also I put in her food, once a day, Biotin supplement (which is thought to help with skin allergies) as well as a little bit of Omega 3 oil (which helps with allergies as it is said to have anti-inflammatory effects). With this regimen, I took Daisy back to my vet for her 6 month check-up and he was amazed at how good she looked. Hope this helps and good luck with the allergies.
[notify]

» There has since been 8 posts. Last posting by Lucy Nooner, Sep 2 8:03 pm

Behavior & Training > Our Meowmy KISSES us! Yuck!

Daisy

Purred: Mon Jun 16, '08 6:45pm PST 
I'm with you other kitties. My mom picks me up and carries me everywhere like a little human baby. But I don't mind it. I actually arch my back to make it easier for her me up. I also tolerate kisses from mom every day. I've learned when mom says kiss kiss that she wants a kiss. But I know that the more I let her kiss my nose, my cheek, my head the more treats I get.
[notify]

» There has since been 49 posts. Last posting by Tiger, Aug 27 8:44 pm

Food & Nutrition > Skin conditions

Daisy

Purred: Mon Feb 25, '08 5:51pm PST 
Hi Samie DJ,

I have skin allergies too. Right now I'm eating Natural Balance venison and green pea. My mom was told by the vet to add omega 3 oil to my food (we use Grizzly Salmon Oil for Dogs and cats). Also mom puts biotene (we use the brand Biocoat) in my food. Since I'm on Biocoat, I've been a lot less itchy and my coat is shiny and soft.
[notify]

» There has since been 3 posts. Last posting by Liberty, Feb 27 7:39 pm

Cat Health > help for my friend Frankie...

Daisy

Purred: Sun Feb 17, '08 7:38pm PST 
Hi Luigi. I think Frankie might be like me. I had a bad ear infection (not ear mites) when I was a baby. Because of that my ears get filled with brown gunk and I get crusty things around my eyes. My mom has to clean my ears at least once a week. I hate getting my ears cleaned but it keeps the gunk and the crusty things away.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Moki, Feb 19 8:28 pm

Cats & Travel > Traveling by plane with mom or staying home
Daisy

Purred: Thu Jan 10, '08 3:51pm PST 
Thanks everyone for your responses. Daisy is my first cat (also first ever pet) and I'm learning my way.
[notify]

» There has since been 7 posts. Last posting by ♥ Suey ♥, Jan 21 7:09 am

Cats & Travel > Traveling by plane with mom or staying home

Daisy

Purred: Sun Jan 6, '08 3:36pm PST 
I have to go to PA to be maid of honor for my sister's wedding. Usually when I travel, Daisy stays with my parents but they're going to be in PA for the wedding as well. I have the option of bringing her on the plane with me but it's going to be such a short trip that I'm afraid it will be too stressful for her. Do you think it will be okay for Daisy to be alone for an entire weekend while I'm at the wedding? I'm worried leaving her home alone because she's never been home by herself.
[notify]

» There has since been 12 posts. Last posting by ♥ Suey ♥, Jan 21 7:09 am

Food & Nutrition > What is a good brand for kitties with VERY sensitive stomachs?

Daisy

Purred: Fri Nov 2, '07 8:54am PST 
I had the same problem with Daisy when she was a kitten and the only thing that I found to work with her was Royal Canin IVD Duck and Green Pea/Venison and Green Pea food which you need a prescription from the vet. Now she's eating Natural Balance Venison and Green Pea.
[notify]

» There has since been 2 posts. Last posting by Skittles, Nov 2 8:57 pm

Food & Nutrition > The best Water Fountain?

Daisy

Purred: Fri Nov 2, '07 8:38am PST 
I've had the worst luck with fountains for Daisy. After trying Petmate (which broke after a month), the Catit fountain (I thought the filters gross after a day)and the Petmate Platinum, I highly recommend the Petmate Platinum. I find it's easy to clean, stays clean up to a week and Daisy loved it the second the water came streaming out.
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Hazel, Nov 7 5:07 pm

Cat Health > Any cats with skin allergies?
Daisy

Purred: Thu Nov 1, '07 7:18am PST 
It looks like Daisy has skin allergies and I'm working with her vet to try to figure out what exactly she's allergic to. Daisy's always been on an allergy formula for food (duck and green pea and venison and green pea) as she has a sensitive tummy. While we're ruling things out, I've been giving her fish oil as I've read that it helps with allergy symptoms. I've also read that a variety of other supplements, i.e., biotin, brewer's yeast, work for allergies. Do any of you other cat mommys or daddys have cats with skin allergies? What have you tried that works?
[notify]

» There has since been 5 posts. Last posting by Rowena, Nov 6 6:59 pm

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  

PLEASE NOTE: Due to the rapid nature of forum postings, it's quite possible our calculation of the number of ensuing forum posts may be off by one or two or more at any given moment.